Caesar

Suggestion - Zombie tweaks

Do you agree with this proposal?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Do you agree with this proposal?

• Agree
    • Disagree
    • Other, Please explain.

I know the admins and most players enjoy the higher damage the DayZRP mod brings and even I must admit the damage by itself is more reasonable then the wet noodle zombie.

The problem I have with zombies is twofold.

1. If zombies are going to hit so hard it may be worthwhile looking into reducing the frequency and the parameters that allow a zombie to knock you out. At the moment they are SUPPOSE to knock you out if you are under 9k HP.

I have had scenarios where I have 12k health and have been KO'd by a zombie. But even assuming these situations are anomalies the threshold for allowing zombies to knock someone out is too high. I would suggest you reduce this to a maximum of 3 - 5k blood where a knockout is possible. People should not have to use bloodbags for every slight injury.

2. This is especially true as zombies still hit you without the animations in an extremely buggy manner (in addition to the hitting you through walls in ever increasing numbers of buildings).

Post your thoughts.

Guest Cadan

Voted yes.

With the CURRENT state of zeds there too OP.

If they had hit animations it'd be fine.

Hit animations would make it significantly better I agree, fixing them bugging through walls would also be amazing.

These two by themselves could be a good place to start to judge the new difficulty of zombies.

1.7.7 is supposed to fix the zed's hitting throught walls.

Does not matter if it is not implemented on DayZRP.

We use a much older DayZ base version for reasons the admins could explain better.

Basically any change must be done by admins as they seem to like this build.

Despite the fact that zombie damage is upped, I never had issues with dealing with them. They are fine as they are.

I once got knocked out one hit by a Zombie in a city while running away. Than, a lot of other zombies came and ate me. Lost all my stuff :/

Despite the fact that zombie damage is upped, I never had issues with dealing with them. They are fine as they are.

Regardless of you ability to deal with zombies there are always situations where you will get hit by them. Especially considering their bugginess.

What is the problem with making them more reasonable considering the following.

1. They run like Hussein Bolt.

2. They hit you without even attacking.

3. They hit you through walls.

4. They do insane damage.

5. The can knock you out after one hit when bugged and 2/3 when not, seems quite silly considering once you are knocked out you are dead. Why should you have to use a blood bag after each zombie hit or a piece of meat?

Also one question, why should a game well made leave you survival to RNG?

You could theoretically go to 0 blood without being knocked out, the fact is it should be based on your ability to react. The current level does on occasion not give you this opportunity.

1. Will be fixed in standalone

2. Will be fixed in next DayZRP patch

3. Will be fixed never - ArmA2 engine and desync, 1.7.7 might have some improvement like Bubbles said, but it won't fix the problem entirely.

4. Working as intended

5. Will be fixed in next DayZRP patch

Huh,

well that solves that.

I think I am done.

As for point 5. is that just the bugged part or the whole blood level at which they can knock you out?

The KO has a blood threshold, so you cannot be knocked out above certain blood level. Right now I think it's about 9000. We might lower that value, to let's say 6000, which will result in that you will only be able to get KOd if you have 6000 blood or less. In 1.7.7 you will get knocked down by zombies if you're hit from behind.

Jamie has more info on that and exact numbers.