park1016

Server and location: S2 zelenogorsk military base entrance              

Approximate time and date of the incident (SERVER TIME): 15:54

Your in game name: Andrew Park

Names of allies involved: none

Name of suspect/s: Unknown 

Friendly/Enemy vehicles involved (if any): none

Additional evidence? (video/screenshot): none

Detailed description of the events: I was heading out of zelenogorsk military when someone came out from behind the wall and said "put your hands up in 3 seconds or you die" I had a bag in my hand so I tried to drop it dayz was being buggy and I couldn't drop the bag I tried asking him to let me drop it and he shot anyway, he did stop shooting to let me drop it and I put my hands up i asked if he or I could bandage me to stop me from bleeding to death and he screamed no a zombie came over and I couldn't defend my self from the zombie hitting me as I had my hands up and he watched me get beat to death by a zombie.

I was the person involved. Jay Carter POV - So I got robbed about 20 minutes prior in Zelengorsk military by a guy with a black backpack like the OP here. After myself being robbed I went to the military compound near Bor to gear up and head back there due to having Defense Rights. As I approached I saw a guy in the tower with the same/identical backpack so instead of KOS'ing like I had rights to do so I RP'ed "returning the favour" of robbing him. I told him to "drop the back in his hands in 3 seconds or your dead"  (You can easily achieve dropping a bag in less than 3 seconds to clarify). After not complying I shot him about 4 times in the head and he didin't die. As-well as this my gun jammed so I started running off knowing he could easily get the upper hand on me when he shouted something along the lines of "can I bandage myself" as I was sprinting away I unjammed my gun and headed back there to see his dead body on the floor.

What accent did the guy who robbed you have then? I tried speaking to you and you clearly heard me I have a very distinct accent so you must have known I wasn't the one who robbed you, also I had an orange mountain bag in my hands and a green Alice bag on my back I didn't pose a threat to you there was no need for you to shoot me at all.

3 hours ago, park1016 said:

What accent did the guy who robbed you have then? I tried speaking to you and you clearly heard me I have a very distinct accent so you must have known I wasn't the one who robbed you, also I had an orange mountain bag in my hands and a green Alice bag on my back I didn't pose a threat to you there was no need for you to shoot me at all.

I shot you because you wasn't complying. You said in your POV you couldn't drop the bag because DayZ was being buggy, there was no way of me knowing that at the time. Also the guy who robbed me had a northern accent. And considering you have a scottish flag as your profile picture i'd say thats a match personally.

A Scottish accent and a northern accent are two very different things I'm pretty sure if you ask most children above the age of 6 they could tell you the difference, even if this mystery person had a "northern accent" you could probably tell the difference between mine and his,  if you gave more than 3 seconds I could have told you in side chat that dayz was being buggy you also said you had just been robbed you were head to toe in full military gear you didn't even try to ID me to make sure I was who you thought I was you also said I had a black back which I didn't, still no reason to have rights to kill someone just saying. I practically looked like a fresh spawn just with two bags I didn't even have a weapon on my back and when I had my hands up and you saw a zombie hitting me you didn't even try to kill it just watched me die.

1 hour ago, park1016 said:

A Scottish accent and a northern accent are two very different things I'm pretty sure if you ask most children above the age of 6 they could tell you the difference, even if this mystery person had a "northern accent" you could probably tell the difference between mine and his,  if you gave more than 3 seconds I could have told you in side chat that dayz was being buggy you also said you had just been robbed you were head to toe in full military gear you didn't even try to ID me to make sure I was who you thought I was you also said I had a black back which I didn't, still no reason to have rights to kill someone just saying. I practically looked like a fresh spawn just with two bags I didn't even have a weapon on my back and when I had my hands up and you saw a zombie hitting me you didn't even try to kill it just watched me die.

PS just to clarify in my POV I clearly stated after being robbed I headed to Bor military site and went back to Zelengorsk thats where I got the backpack and gun. "No reason to kill rights" I didin't kill you though...

• Legend

Connection Logs:

14:56:03 : Player #65 Andrew Park (connected)
15:48:35 : Player #65 Andrew Park disconnected
15:25:40 : Player #74 Jay Carter connected
16:13:44 : Player #74 Jay Carter disconnected

16:19:41 : Player #88 Jay Carter connected
16:21:58 : Player #88 Jay Carter disconnected

Why did you combat log, @KidSmithsta ?

7 minutes ago, Jamie said:

Connection Logs:

14:56:03 : Player #65 Andrew Park (connected)
15:48:35 : Player #65 Andrew Park disconnected
15:25:40 : Player #74 Jay Carter connected
16:13:44 : Player #74 Jay Carter disconnected

16:19:41 : Player #88 Jay Carter connected
16:21:58 : Player #88 Jay Carter disconnected

Why did you combat log, @KidSmithsta ?

I had to go OOC so I waited 30 mins and then logged out as it says in the rules you can log out after a minimum of 30 mins.

• Legend
3 minutes ago, KidSmithsta said:

I had to go OOC so I waited 30 mins and then logged out as it says in the rules you can log out after a minimum of 30 mins.

You disconnected then rejoin, it took you 6 minutes to rejoin back. Please explain why it took you so long?

3 minutes ago, Jamie said:

You disconnected then rejoin, it took you 6 minutes to rejoin back. 

Yeah apologies, I wasn't counting down the 30 mins I just assumed I was roughly over the 30 minute mark as I had to go OOC. And I can't exactly remember but I believe it was to do with a queue timer?

• Legend

Verdict

A team of staff gathered here today to grant you folks with a verdict.

A quick recap; Supposedly, KidSmithsta met the OP prior to meeting him again in Zelengorsk. Supposedly, Smithsta was robbed by the OP prior to the situation. When he comes across the OP in Zelengorsk, he gives the OP 3 seconds to drop his backpack on the ground. Due to a common DayZ glitch, the bag would not drop, so after 3 seconds, Smithsta shoots the OP. Managing to survive the shots, the OP asks if he can bandage and he is denied of any privilege of doing so. He is then killed by a zombie. 

@KidSmithsta We have no idea as to whether you were involved in a situation prior to this. We have no idea whether you gained rights from a robbery or not. We do know that you gave the OP 3 seconds to comply. We do know that you did not allow him to bandage and let him die because of it. This is a piss poor reason to kill someone. Instead of killing the zombie and furthering roleplay, you shoot him because he did not drop his bag. Was he a threat? No. Could you have given more time for him to drop a backpack? Yes. 

Due to these particular circumstances, we will be issuing a punishment based on the accused's POV that there was a robbery prior. If there wasn't, then it would have been an invalid kill. Either way, he would have received a punishment nevertheless. 

In the future, give people more time to comply and if they pose absolutely no threat, you don't need to kill them because you've managed to successfully work out how to count to 3. We don't want to see this behavior again.

With that said, 

Outcome

@KidSmithsta | Extenuating Circumstances - Ruleplay | Guilty, 5 Day Ban, 1 Banstrike

Signed by @Jamie & @Dino

• Jamie locked this topic