Server time (UTC): 2021-09-20 20:17

Bring back settlements now before its too late!

MoodyOG

Settlements  

40 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Diamond

Basically what it says, Thoughts and opinions needed since base building is here

I agree with bringing back settlements and the IC map as it was really cool to look at. But,

Now, correct me if I'm wrong, we might not be talking about the same settlement rules - the old settlement rules that I remember were very much one-sided in the favor of the people running the settlement. Which is fair, it should be - but not to the point where settlement owners can KoS people who are "causing problems" aka people who they didn't like.

If we implemented settlement rules like I outlined a year and a half ago, or something similar, I'd be okay with it.

Edited by Guest

I accidentally voted no but I’d probably be up for it. Seems nice.

• Emerald

+1 

With base building now, it can make things a lot better.

I'd like to see reasons why there shouldn't be settlements because I can't think of any.

• Diamond

@Cipher remember the rules had to be approved by the admins, any ways itll help decrease griefing and we can finally have hubs of rp all over the map if the ic map gets implemented

• Emerald

+1 

I'd love to see settlements return. Maybe not the same rules as last year, those rules definitely need reevaluating before it is implemented.

• MVP

From what I remember, Settlement rules were abused and were aids af. People would always drop reports on groups because they didn't read the settlement rules, would show up to them, break a rule and get gunned down for it. Some rules were silly and were blatantly made to be abused. Unless those rules get a rework, I don't want to see settlements back for a while unless its those settlements from mod that you could make in editor.

Edited by Dew
  • Diamond

I say yes. Settlement rules put people in their place that were just trying to bait someone into a firefight simply because they ran a settlement. Some people just wanted to be the edgy “I want to just burn everything down” bandit and the rules kept those people in check. 

Edited by Zero

We should have something  in place rules wise for settlements. Hopefully we will get easy access to a map editor eventually and we can begin building actual settlements like way back in the day.

• Diamond

Honestly I don't remember any rule that literally made it so people who ran the settlements could choose to gun anyone down at their disposal.

What I do remember was groups trying to come up to settlements and try and bait kill rights. 

Also if i recall correctly, people that did just gun down people of the most minor inconvenience were usually banned for ruleplay over roleplay. I know this first hand for those that don't remember when i ran a settlement