Server time (UTC): 2021-09-25 12:26

Adding a Temporary Workaround for Lack of Guns

As most of you know, Beta was released today, alongside modding tools. Many modders have already gone to work; I want to see if we can add most of the guns from .62 to .63 

There is already a redux pack of the weapons that act as placeholders.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1559317235&searchtext=

Already with custom weight, tags, ammo, functionality, and some animations.

Quote(SteamWorkshop; Not A Banana): "Weapons this adds: Colt 1911 (And engraved variant), AK101, AK74, AKS74U, Amphibian, Aug, Blaze 95, Desert Eagle, FAL, Glock19, Longhorn, M249, P1, Saiga12k, Scout, Sporter 22, Trumpet, VSS, and Winchester 70."

Issues: Mags currently don't appear in the world model or in the inventory model, but still act as a mag.

Direct Copy and Paste from Workshop:

This mod's aims is to bring back most if not all of the guns missing to .63 back into the game in a placeholder state, as well as some other guns from the game files that have never been in game until now. 

Not all guns are in yet, but we will hopefully have all of them in within the next week. The animations are all placeholder, we are learning how to use the animation tools and will have weapon specific animations soon.

Weapons this adds: Colt 1911 (And engraved variant), AK101, AK74, AKS74U, Amphibian, Aug, Blaze 95, Desert Eagle, FAL, Glock19, Longhorn, M249, P1, Saiga12k, Scout, Sporter 22, Trumpet, VSS, and Winchester 70.

Known Issues; 

Mags currently do not show up in weapons.

Some animations fit less than others. 

For server hosts: Here's the key and types.xml, it's very WIP, please contact us with any feedback you have for it. 
We recommend doing a database wipe as well (Delete storage folder) to speed up the CLE using these new items. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rb93iwpdmmc2117/types.xml?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/87r0eyardyylwpu/WeaponRedux.bikey?dl=0

Item classnames:
gp_colt1911, gp_colt1911Engraved
gp_AK101, gp_ak101_Black, gp_AK101_Green
gp_AK74, gp_ak74_green, gp_ak74_black
gp_AKS74U, gp_AKS74u_Green, gp_aks74u_back
gp_MKII
gp_AugSteyr
gp_Blaze95, gp_Blaze95_green, gp_Blaze95_black
gp_DE
gp_FAL
gp_Glock19
gp_LongHorn
gp_M249
gp_P1
gp_Saiga12kShotgun
gp_Scout, gp_scout_black, gp_scout_green
gp_Ruger1022, gp_Ruger1022_black, gp_Ruger1022_green
gp_trumpet
gp_vss
gp_Winchester70, gp_Winchester70_Black, gp_Winchester70_Green

Edited by SpaghettiCPD
Adding information
  • Diamond

Seems pretty unnecessary in my opinion. I don't think it's worth the hassle & potential issues it could cause. It would be a shame if a lot of work went into modding the server, only for an update to set things back. As it stands I feel the modding community is in a rather fragile state. I think it would be better to give it some time and wait. On another note, I personally don't focus on the weaponry all that much. Overall I'd say it could be more trouble than its worth. Anyways, I'm not really sure how I feel about a bunch of dudes running around with m249's.

• MVP

I would love to see these weapons come back into the mix (and the ones never released), however I can see some problems regarding adding these into the server.

The smaller issues I see is that none of the weapons that takes magazines shows the actual model in the weapon when it's loaded and some of the weapons have a bit of weird animations when it comes to reloading and possibly even jamming.

The major issues I see with the weapons is that if any of the weapons were to cause heavy memory leaks or even crashes we would have to do a complete character and persistence wipe to make sure the gun that causes the issue is no longer on the server, which is just an annoyance for most people.

Giving this more time, I'm sure the modding community can do wonders with adding in new things and bringing in old stuff, but for the time being I think the possible risk of adding them in outweighs the positive impact it can give.