• weapon jamming
  • characters have beards 

Tweaks:

• infected tweaks
  • improvements to vehicle audio
  • tweaked wild boar behavior
  • tweaked size of the power generator, cable reel, spotlight, fridge
  • tweaked navmesh functionality
  • tweaks for animations, holding poses, vegetation collisions, gestures and more in data..
  • some animation tweaks
  • tweaked leaning speed
  • tweaked zombie aggro
  • weights of food adjusted

Changes:

• changes in unconsciousness mechanics
  • changes in AI navigation
  • changes to instance management (fix for desync where the player is in one stance but has a speed of another)
  • changes to sun shadows
  • changes in leaning camera
  • visual hiding of items in hands in cars
  • changed input system (should not have a notable effect on gameplay but could cause possible issues with controls)
  • changes regarding server/client stability
  • security fixes
  • revamped Fire Station
  • items have been renamed
  • reworked action system (should resolve a number of "random" crashes and stability issues)
  • updated offline DB to reflect the current online state
  • changes to map toggling
  • + a LOT of changes in data (animations, configs, settings)

Fixes:

• Spoiler

• server crash fixes
    • networking fixes
    • vehicles are now oriented properly after being loaded from storage
    • players should no longer shoot themselves when moving rapidly while shooting
    • vehicles now deal damage to players
    • fixes for the compass
    • fixes for the vehicle clutch system
    • fixes for the vehicle braking system
    • fixes in muzzle flash and gun smoke particles
    • fixes for car seats
    • fixes in the restraint system
    • fixed some sync issues on the server e.g. desynced un/cut trees
    • fixed desync in item holding when equipping a weapon from the back
    • fixed restrained characters getting desynced upon disconnect
    • fixed most of the situations in which the character's weapon gets misaligned with the crosshair
    • fixed a client crash related to cooking on fireplace
    • fixed a client crash tied to voice chat
    • fixed player being able to perform actions that require stamina when they have none
    • fixed a desynced weapon state that resulted in hits not being registered
    • fixed bugged/non-interactive doors on some buildings
    • fixed issues with desync in movement stance and speed
    • fixed a stability issue in the crafting system
    • fixed input problems when alt-tabbed
    • fixed a couple stability issues in base building
    • fixed a couple client crashes
    • fixed collisions for some base building objects
    • fixed persistence of HESCO boxes
    • fixed persistence of barbed wire
    • fixed the ability to move base building components in inventory in vicinity
    • fixed a client crash that could occur to users with space in their windows username
    • fixed a memory/stability issue
    • fixed advanced placement objects changing position after reconnect/for players who were in distance when the objects were placed
    • fixed rice and other consumables causing instant vomiting
    • fixed a highly common stability issue from the latest patch tied to filling a bottle
    • fixed a misplaced weapon/aim after exiting a vehicle, using freelook and other situations
    • fixed freeze of character when swimming

I would like to discuss what this means to our server, specially Basebuilding. How far we should go with rules and regulations, persistence wipes, etc.

But, for now, let's all bathe in the glory of blood particles.

Edited by XieAngel
  • MVP

No wipes every week/month, please. Making a base should be a hard, but fun thing to do that should last as long as it is possible. I am also fine with people building bases wherever they wish as long as they are not blocking passage into big towns or military bases.

• Sapphire

Like I said earlier in another thread about base building and how to avoid everyone leaving half finished bases all around the map:

One way to do it... although controversial, would be if we let only official groups build those... I mean realistically you would need lot of manpower to build and maintain the base.

Although unfair to lonely players... that would be one of the ways to circumvent that.

But also would motivate people to make more groups maybe...

EDIT: In mod only official groups had settlements... so kinda would be the same.

Edited by Shanoby
18 minutes ago, AndreyQ said:

No wipes every week/month, please. Making a base should be a hard, but fun thing to do that should last as long as it is possible. I am also fine with people building bases wherever they wish as long as they are not blocking passage into big towns or military bases.

You can chop down walls and gates

• Sapphire

Have to agree with the Q, base building should be difficult and as for build anywhere I also think anywhere that isn't block entrance to a city or military base.

• Diamond

I agree that only official groups should have the ability to build bases, but how exactly are you going to track that? I would think it’d be impossible. 

• Emerald

I still think persistence wipes should be monthly only because the server will become clogged up with all the bases, tents, cars and gear stored. 

• Sapphire
6 minutes ago, Zero said:

I agree that only official groups should have the ability to build bases, but how exactly are you going to track that? I would think it’d be impossible. 

Maybe the groups would HAVE to mark it on the map... but then again would increase META.

Considering settlements are known to most players anyways, then again should not be an issue?

If you notice built stuff anywhere else is OK to take it down.

Rest is just keep an eye out and report if "unofficial base is being built" :trolle:

Other than that... no idea how.

1 minute ago, Shanoby said:

Maybe the groups would HAVE to mark it on the map... but then again would increase META.

Considering settlements are known to most players anyways, then again should not be an issue?

If you notice built stuff anywhere else is OK to take it down.

Rest is just keep an eye out and report if "unofficial base is being built" :trolle:

Other than that... no idea how.

+1 to this.

40 minutes ago, Shanoby said:

Like I said earlier in another thread about base building and how to avoid everyone leaving half finished bases all around the map:

From what I have seen of base building, it will be rather difficult for a single player to build anything of significance. And the scarcity of certain materials will certainly reduce the chances that any loners will building bases all over the place.

But to deny players who are not part of official groups is a pretty obvious favoritism thing.

Big bases will absolutely require multiple players to construct. And as long as groups do not start a huge base somewhere and then change their mind and start somewhere else large unfinished bases should not be all over the place.

Loners, or small unofficial groups, will most likely just re-enforce an existing building. Which would mean only a few walls and gates to take down if they are abandoned.

To control how many bases are everywhere the admins only need to set restrictions on certain locations ( i.e. no building in/on/about military bases, ect. ) and control the spawn frequency of nails. Less nails in the world, less bases. They do not need deny rights of certain players over others.

lmao, if a small group wants to build a nice little camp in the woods, they should not have to apply to do so, people should be free to build wherever aslong as it isnt in a key location like in the middle of NWAF or Stary, unless they are an "Official" Settlement

• Sapphire

I think anyone should be able to build a base, but the actual maximum size of the base should vary depending on if someone is part of an official group or not. 

If a player is a lone wolf or just has a couple friends they travel with, then they should only be able to make small bases

No building bases inside cities please ❤️ We can't really enforce half finished bases (Personally love the idea of having a little shack in the forrest somewhere) so maybe having it just be "You can't build bases in cities unless you are an offical group" is a good idea? ?

• Sapphire

Also what I have seen from some of the streamers... performance has gotten worse. Just beware.

Just now, The Traveler said:

No building bases inside cities please ❤️ We can't really enforce half finished bases (Personally love the idea of having a little shack in the forrest somewhere) so maybe having it just be "You can't build bases in cities unless you are an offical group" is a good idea? ?

Building inside cities only to fortify vantage points would be a good idea. A huge base would be a no no, but for settlements, we should allow base building inside cities for the RP reason, only to an extent though

I would love to be able to fortify a town or something. Put a wall up to block a road, etc. I think that's more realistic than a bunch of walls out in the middle of the forest.

Obviously you should have to be an official group in order to do that.

Edited by Guest

I personally think bases should be built anywhere and everywhere just as long as it doesn't give  the builders and in-game exploit that will give them an advantage like sky bases are a no-no and outside of the map area like debug stockpiles but other than that if we want a realistic game and RP big fortified bases and small shacks should be allowed 

• Diamond

Are barrels back in?

Just now, Mak said:

Are barrels back in?

yes they are friend ?

• Diamond
Just now, Retro said:

yes they are friend ?

Guess it's time to gear whore again