Server time (UTC): 2021-09-20 19:34

Rain

Eagle

• Diamond

This question is kinda aimed at the devs and since there isn't a tab for that I ask here.
Can the rain weight on items be completely removed, having a single heavy item turns you into a fat juggernaut so is it possible?

@Kerkkoh@ShaneKOS@Aeryes

Edited by Eagle
  • Legend

Personally, how I see it is we get a major benefit with the stamina during the day, I think putting us at a disadvantage at night is appropriate. 

/moved to Suggestions. 

• Diamond
1 minute ago, Jamie said:

Personally, how I see it is we get a major benefit with the stamina during the day, I think putting us at a disadvantage at night is appropriate. 

/moved to Suggestions. 

What like reverse vampires?
There is not much of a benefit in the stamina system when you already have a half a bar and can only run for a few seconds, during night time you turn into a Stoneman because of rain for 2-4 hours no clue how long it last which is just a forceful log out until the rain stops.

• Legend
Just now, Eagle said:

What like reverse vampires?
There is not much of a benefit in the stamina system when you already have a half a bar and can only run for a few seconds, during night time you turn into a Stoneman because of rain for 2-4 hours no clue how long it last which is just a forceful log out until the rain stops.

Maybe we can lower the effects, but I personally think it should stay. 

It makes people perhaps think through fights and stuff imo. 

I would like for this to be removed as well, or at least lessened to 10-20% stamina reduction.

Currently if it rains your stamina bar is halved, most of the time making it so that you can't run at all. It's stupid.

• Sapphire

The effects should be heavily reduced but not entirely removed. It is a bit ridiculous that a walkie talkie weighs about 6 kg when drenched

• Diamond
1 minute ago, Jamie said:

Maybe we can lower the effects, but I personally think it should stay. 

It makes people perhaps think through fights and stuff imo. 

Or like what it does rn is forces people to walk for 10-20 minutes to a town with 1/10 of the bar left how is that fair or enjoyable?

• Legend
Just now, Eagle said:

Or like what it does rn is forces people to walk for 10-20 minutes to a town with 1/10 of the bar left how is that fair or enjoyable?

It's better than going outside and being faced instantly with dying of coldness. It just encourages people to pitch up camp and make a fire. This is just my own opinion, I can't imagine it's a favoured one. 

• Diamond

If it's doable I say remove it. We already have enough with managing the weight of individual items, rain weighing you down as much as it does is makes the system broken.

Personally think that rain should be made more rare, but no the effects reduced. 
The frequency seems more the problem than the effects. In a down pour in full mill gear you are gonna be like a frigging stone man (Christ I have had to deal with this in airsoft gear, god knows what it would be like with actuall fucking gear twice the weight). 

And in turn I think people need to invest in clothing with less inventory  but water resistance. An example being I always try to keep a small dry bag + Coat with me + small backpacks so I can move stuff into the dry bag when shit gets rainy.

It's an extra layer to consider and I don't think it's bad, just think that holy shit balls it rains more than it does in england! ?

Edited by The Traveler
  • Diamond
12 minutes ago, The Traveler said:

Personally think that rain should be made more rare, but no the effects reduced. 
The frequency seems more the problem than the effects. In a down pour in full mill gear you are gonna be like a frigging stone man (Christ I have had to deal with this in airsoft gear, god knows what it would be like with actuall fucking gear twice the weight). 

And in turn I think people need to invest in clothing with less inventory  but water resistance. An example being I always try to keep a small dry bag + Coat with me + small backpacks so I can move stuff into the dry bag when shit gets rainy.

It's an extra layer to consider and I don't think it's bad, just think that holy shit balls it rains more than it does in england! ?

Water resistance is bugged RN and doesn't work.

Just now, Eagle said:

Water resistance is bugged RN and doesn't work.

1.0 and stable mod support is needed for any suggestion like this. So one must in turn assume that if we have stable mod support Devs could just as easily fix the water resistance as they could remove or reduce the rain debuffs ^_^ 

• MVP

At one point you have to remember that this is also a survival game and not just a sprint around willy-nilly simulator.  The rain is there to purposefully make you have to cater to it, which means either staying put where it is dry for a little bit or getting water-resistant gear (yes, I understand it is bugged right now, but it won't be forever).  In the end, you choose to wear the plate carriers or have the large backpacks with a bunch of stuff loaded into it, etc.

Keep the rain.  Don't reduce it either.  If anything the actual weight of items needs to be played with and not the rain.

EDIT: You can also make a fire and dry off within a few minutes and be back at it again for a short period of time.  It's not like you are forced to sit there being drenched in the rain like, "wat do."

Edited by Cid
more words
  • Diamond
8 minutes ago, Cid said:

At one point you have to remember that this is also a survival game and not just a sprint around willy-nilly simulator.  The rain is there to purposefully make you have to cater to it, which means either staying put where it is dry for a little bit or getting water-resistant gear (yes, I understand it is bugged right now, but it won't be forever).  In the end, you choose to wear the plate carriers or have the large backpacks with a bunch of stuff loaded into it, etc.

Keep the rain.  Don't reduce it either.  If anything the actual weight of items needs to be played with and not the rain.

EDIT: You can also make a fire and dry off within a few minutes and be back at it again for a short period of time.  It's not like you are forced to sit there being drenched in the rain like, "wat do."

You dry off walk for 5 mins get super wet again rinse and repeat for 4 hours fun times.

• MVP
Just now, Eagle said:

You dry off walk for 5 mins get super wet again rinse and repeat for 4 hours fun times.

That's the risk of being heavy.

• Sapphire

Since I started traveling lighter I haven't had any issues with the rain and Im still able to carry a decent load out. 
I plan to ditch even more stuff such as a primary and a large backpack to maximize my stamina and such.

Take a look at the stuff you're carrying, is all of it really necessary? Think about how you can reduce how much weight youre carrying and therefore increase your max stamina

• Emerald

Atm the weights on certain items are a bit excessive. It makes traveling the map difficult. I have run into the problem of being unable to carry RP only items because I can't sustain enough stamina with both my food/water reserves and other essentials. I like to try to increase the immersion by holding onto items my character could use in RP but when you die to Wolves or Zombies enough times because you are unable to hop a fence or sprint for even two seconds into a door....it isn't fun. Forget having an extra pair of clothes either to change up your style with how much space they take up now as well. 

When water resistant items are working again I hope that raincoats are not excessively heavy or take up so much space! 

Edited by Lyaria
  • Diamond
3 hours ago, Cid said:

That's the risk of being heavy.

When rain has started to weight you down almost 30-40 kg extra that's just flawed.

• MVP
41 minutes ago, Eagle said:

When rain has started to weight you down almost 30-40 kg extra that's just flawed.

Perhaps that is a little much, yeah.  There are probably some objects that don't need to be affected by added water weight (your cans of food unopened aren't going to get water in them, unless your radio is a piece of shit, it's not going to fill with water, etc.) but the majority of items that would soak up water (shirt, pants, bags, vests, rope, rags, you get the point) should be left untouched.

But getting rid of the rain is still not the answer.  As I said before, I stand to my point of having to cater to the rain; an obstacle to get around in this world we are surviving in. We won't get rid of diseases/sickness when we can't eat raw meat anymore (yes, people do it) or drink from certain water sources.  My personal opinion (similar to how Jamie put it) is that if nothing can be done to slightly, slightly, slightly reduce I'd rather keep the mechanic than get rid of it completely.  This is a survival game, after all.

• Developer

Why this happens is because when you get wet, your clothes soak up an x amount of water, depending on the clothes you’re wearing. Then the stamina system takes into account your total weight that you have to carry around and tries to adjust it according to that.

That being said, in the next DayZRP patch (I got no clue when the update is planned) I’ve reduced the amount of stamina you lose per kilogram of weight by 25% and increased the limit from where you start getting this penalty by 25%.

This new update to the stamina system is because we all know the item weights are somewhat fucked up and there’s no point in fixing them because it would just require me to replace all the items in the game with ”custom ones” (in the config) and it would just be unnecessary work and bloating of the modpack. It’s much easier to modify the stamina system to have less of an effect due to weight.

Also modifying the absorbency of all the clothes is not a good solution either because it would again mean that I would have to make a custom version of every damn clothing item in the game and I’m not about that work. And it would bloat the modpack even more.

From all these suggestions it seems like nobody wants to play the survival simulator that DayZ is but rather just sprint around aimlessly like it’s Arma 3 altis life lmao. Let’s just remove all the survival features tbh, they aren’t that good for the main purpose of the game after all, which is pvp and not survival rp. But as I said, I get that the game is broken, and that’s why we’ll try to make workarounds until it’s fixed.

• Diamond
10 hours ago, Kerkkoh said:

Why this happens is because when you get wet, your clothes soak up an x amount of water, depending on the clothes you’re wearing. Then the stamina system takes into account your total weight that you have to carry around and tries to adjust it according to that.

That being said, in the next DayZRP patch (I got no clue when the update is planned) I’ve reduced the amount of stamina you lose per kilogram of weight by 25% and increased the limit from where you start getting this penalty by 25%.

This new update to the stamina system is because we all know the item weights are somewhat fucked up and there’s no point in fixing them because it would just require me to replace all the items in the game with ”custom ones” (in the config) and it would just be unnecessary work and bloating of the modpack. It’s much easier to modify the stamina system to have less of an effect due to weight.

Also modifying the absorbency of all the clothes is not a good solution either because it would again mean that I would have to make a custom version of every damn clothing item in the game and I’m not about that work. And it would bloat the modpack even more.

From all these suggestions it seems like nobody wants to play the survival simulator that DayZ is but rather just sprint around aimlessly like it’s Arma 3 altis life lmao. Let’s just remove all the survival features tbh, they aren’t that good for the main purpose of the game after all, which is pvp and not survival rp. But as I said, I get that the game is broken, and that’s why we’ll try to make workarounds until it’s fixed.

How the hell do you think it's enjoyable to be stuck in a walking sim because the rain gave you 30 kg extra. Stamina is fine nothing to complain about there just the 2 hour rain cycle that forces you to either walk to a town or log out, you need to realize this is a game that people wish to play and when people take idk 3-4 hour sessions and get stuck in a house for 2 that's simply ain't fun and one of the reasons no survival game makes you weigh excess amount of weight because you stood in the rain for 10 minutes.

Edited by Eagle