Server time: 2019-03-23, 07:25 WE ARE RECRUITING
The Nikitin Prodejna - Trade Post Event
TOMORROW | 2019-03-24 17:00:00 (server time) | Starts in 1 day, 9 hours, 34 minutes
Sylva

Everything that can go wrong, does go wrong.

2 minutes ago, Cipher said:

Not sure what you're arguing at this point

I wasn't arguing anything in that post, just asking for clarification.

Edited by keibancz

A run-down for someone who was running the attempt of a council with Liska, Kamen and other faction leaders.

The meeting started with hate of a foreigner representative, it was shrugged off after a while and tensions were obviously high.

Eventually the council was over-run by Liska and Kamen militia, and a Liska proclaimed that they now run Chernogosk and began a speech saying that all foreigners must go away etc etc.

At this point, Kamen initiated on myself and envoy - we were taken to the PD 3rd story and we were held hostage for a while when firefights were occurring.

I was hit by a stray bullet, a mis-ID or accident. Either way I'm okay with it - and was instantly killed.

It's too bad it feels as if these large groups that go around don't recruit people for their RP but for their PVP or because they're OOC friends. Otherwise those groups are usually closed for recruitment.

2 minutes ago, The Traveler said:

Or else it just becomes firefights until one group gets bored. 

Being someone who isn't part of the big group fighting, everything already seems like "firefights until people get bored".

I get that there are OOC goals and that groups fight for control over settlements but at some point I think the sacrifice made to the RP quality it just isn't worth it; OOC goals (like control over civilian population) can probably be achieved more effectively through methods that don't involve killing civilians and causing report-waves.

Just now, Finn said:

It's too bad it feels as if these large groups that go around don't recruit people for their RP but for their PVP

+1

@keibancz You said "I don't understand why they need to be so large" that's suggesting they shouldn't be large. 

11 minutes ago, keibancz said:

That's just how it seems to people like me and many other "non major group" affiliated people

Yea it may seem like it but its not. No point it turning your assumption into facts.

11 minutes ago, keibancz said:

I meant how these group wars impede individual character RP. For example, the people who died in Chernogorsk will be 3.4'ed and the hopes of a settlement where lots of player interactions could happen (and were happening) are nil as things stand right now.

If you think that you need a player settlement to get good RP then maybe you just need to venture off a bit. And I don't understand how groups impede on your RP just cause they do something you don't like means they are not giving RP?

Edited by Scar

4 minutes ago, Finn said:

It's too bad it feels as if these large groups that go around don't recruit people for their RP but for their PVP or because they're OOC friends. Otherwise those groups are usually closed for recruitment.

Yeah we had to buff our numbers against the Chernarussian threat so we called our boy across the pond and he sent some killers. Ever heard of an island called Altis?

3 minutes ago, Finn said:

What's the problem with that? 

There are plenty of other groups available to be a part of.  If you do not want to be a part of any of those groups, you have the opportunity to write some lore and create your own.  Everyone likes to complain that these groups are currently "too big" or "too powerful", when in reality, not enough people are just banding together to do something about it. 

Just because we initiated on the Government group, doesn't mean that the RP had to stop. Someone else started attacking (The House, Which I am fine with), but if they didn't attack the RP would have continued. All the 'Foreigners' were told to leave because we didn't want to mis-ID anyone. So I personally told everyone to leave or get shot after the 3rd group attacked, simply to stop anyone who wasn't apart of the main groups during the first initiation getting mis-ID, so they could leave the area.

1 minute ago, Scar said:

turning your assumption into facts.

I never said everything from my viewpoint was fact. Like I said, I was only presenting my viewpoint as well as the viewpoint of some of my friends.

2 minutes ago, Scar said:

you need a player settlement to get good RP

I never said a settlement was necessary. I only stated that a settlement makes RP-ing easier (especially for new players) and arguably more complex. Without that settlement, its future promises of player interaction are also gone/.

5 minutes ago, Vytis said:

There are plenty of other groups available to be a part of.  If you do not want to be a part of any of those groups, you have the opportunity to write some lore and create your own.  Everyone likes to complain that these groups are currently "too big" or "too powerful", when in reality, not enough people are just banding together to do something about it. 

I joined another group, the lore was great and we planned to create a large and stable settlement only for chernarussian citizens.

two mega-groups came in an didn't like it so they started hating the idea and initiated. We were then held for 20 minutes while the others firefight then was executed because they were obviously tired of taking care of us.

Edited by Finn

1 minute ago, Craig said:

were told to leave because we didn't want to mis-ID anyone.

The CPG and I already had a plan in place to evacuate civilians if fighting took place. Unfortunately that was interrupted when the fighting began and many civilians were shot attempting to leave the city.

Speaking for New Moon here, the point in us attacking Chernogorsk was to prevent our enemy (Kamenichi) from making allies. We were informed that there would be a meeting between a few major groups, and we did not want it to go into our enemies favor. I know that from the outside, it seems like all these factions focus almost entirely on PvP but its not really true. I dont want to really speak on the behalf of other groups but we try our best to role play with people (especially people not in enemy groups). Just yesterday we ran around the triangle and talked to 30 different small groups of survivors and provided some good roleplay, we invited people to our settlement and traded with people, we even shared information about who to stay away from (Kamenichi). In conclusion, all im trying to say is, sometimes people might be caught in the crossfire, but our intent is to do PvP with the people who want to PvP us and leave everyone else out of the conflict.

4 minutes ago, Vytis said:

I like most the groups involved, if not all of them , so I'll keep out of it on that end. But I personally think large groups are a "problem" in the fact that, even on a 100 man server, even a group that on average has 10 people on a night is 10% of the whole server pop. And half the groups involved tonight usually have much more on. 

Large groups all doing the same thing tends to cause group conflicts to be the main thing that happens "lore wise" when the groups get too big :S 

Edited by The Traveler

I think there's a few OOC lessons we can all learn from this:

1. Small groups and individuals should stay away from big groups because groups will hold their OOC goals over RP interactions (and used as meat shields sometimes). There is nothing to gain as a small group to take part in any of this:

2 minutes ago, Descendants said:

the point in us attacking Chernogorsk was to prevent our enemy (Kamenichi) from making allies.

2. Large groups should stay away from RP interactions with large numbers of small groups or individuals; they make PVP and achieving their OOC goals difficult and are unnecessary for their RP, as most of their RP is internal or with other large groups.

3. The server is kinda bad at handling massive events like this.

I guess there's a few others that I'm not mentioning.

2 minutes ago, keibancz said:

I think there's a few OOC lessons we can all learn from this:

1. Small groups and individuals should stay away from big groups because groups will hold their OOC goals over RP interactions (and used as meat shields sometimes). There is nothing to gain as a small group to take part in any of this:

2. Large groups should stay away from RP interactions with large numbers of small groups or individuals; they make PVP and achieving their OOC goals difficult and are unnecessary for their RP, as most of their RP is internal or with other large groups.

3. The server is kinda bad at handling massive events like this.

I guess there's a few others that I'm not mentioning.

You joined like 10 days ago and are making sweeping generalizations.

1 minute ago, keibancz said:

Large groups should stay away from RP interactions with large numbers of small groups or individuals; they make PVP and achieving their OOC goals difficult and are unnecessary for their RP, as most of their RP is internal or with other large groups.

I don't wanna be rude or anything but what are you saying right now? This "event" was made for all the large faction leaders to have a meeting within each other if anything YOU shouldn't of been there. Please let me know a faction that has a OOC goal of pvping. Maybe it's cause you are new to this community but what you are saying right now and i'm pretty sure i speak for anyone that isn't a whiteknight actually sounds crazy.

9 minutes ago, The Traveler said:

Large groups all doing the same thing tends to cause group conflicts to be the main thing that happens "lore wise" when the groups get too big :S

Another point I think I'd like to add to is the size of some groups on the server.

Many argue against a "size limit" on groups, suggesting that it's realistic that people will form gangs of dozens of people in the apocalypse. However, I believe it should also be noted that in an apocalypse, the population of a region like Chernogorsk would be significantly greater than the population of the server. I believe these groups have far too much influence on the server as a whole.

I also believe that a group member cap (like 10 or whatever) would also incentivize tighter-knit groups and cooperation between groups to achieve things (such as forming settlements) instead of being able to do whatever they want with an army of 30 people and allow for far more complex and enjoyable RP instead of the big groups shooting each other to get what they want.

Sure, people will preach "realism" no matter what, but even then, I think some sacrifices can be made for these possible benefits.

1 minute ago, Scar said:

I don't wanna be rude or anything but what are you saying right now? This "event" was made for all the large faction leaders to have a meeting within each other if anything YOU shouldn't of been there. Please let me know a faction that has a OOC goal of pvping. Maybe it's cause you are new to this community but what you are saying right now and i'm pretty sure i speak for anyone that isn't a whiteknight actually sounds crazy.

She was running for mayor. So she had a reason.

-User was warned for this post-

23 minutes ago, Stannis said:

a Liska proclaimed that they now run Chernogosk and began a speech saying that all foreigners must go away

I only proclaimed that I am the minister of foreigner affairs and as first law, no russians or takis would be allowed in the town.

Regardless, the situation turned a bit chaotic, however, this all made RP sense. This wasn't PVP for the sake of PVP, it was PVP because of actual RP reasons.  The big takeaway here is that the server can not handle so many people in one spot, it's simply too much to handle. At the end of the day, I had fun, even though in my current position I can not take part in firefights.

2 minutes ago, Cipher said:

sweeping generalizations.

Again, I'm not saying this is how you should all feel. Just thought I'd put my viewpoint out there and how I feel after playing on here for a couple of weeks. Isn't the point of this forum to throw your ideas out and have conversations instead of saying I don't matter because I'm not in a big group with lots of playtime?

2 minutes ago, Scar said:

all the large faction leaders to have a meeting within each other if anything YOU shouldn't of been there.

My point exactly. People like me should stay away from group conflicts and avoid settlements.

Although I will add that when I was there, the CPG were welcoming of small groups and civilians. There was never any announcement that I know of telling people to stay away. 

Just now, AndreyQ said:

At the end of the day, I had fun, even though in my current position I can not take part in firefights.

I'm sure you did have fun. It was a fairly one side affair.

1 minute ago, keibancz said:

Sure, people will preach "realism" no matter what, but even then, I think some sacrifices can be made for these possible benefits.

As a concept I like the idea, but unfortunatly not practical. @Cipher @G19RP and [Insert other big group leaders here] would straight up have 3-4 groups that'd easily ally with each other and just hang in a big dynamic because guese what? Big groups are also good mates with each other and wouldn't be huge fans of having their friendship groups split up (at least last time I checked, correct me if I'm wrong lads) .

2 minutes ago, Sylva said:

I'm sure you did have fun. It was a fairly one side affair.

Did you put your hands up or fight back?

Just now, The Traveler said:

@Cipher @G19RP and [Insert other big group leaders here] would straight up have 3-4 groups that'd easily ally with each other and just hang in a big dynamic because guese what?

I disagree. I believe the admins can exhibit enough autonomy and discretion to prevent these "duplicate size-boosting" groups. 

Just now, Scar said:

Did you put your hands up or fight back?

I put my hands up and I didn't have much fun.

Many people fought back and they didn't have much fun.

I don't see your point.