Server time: 2017-10-24, 09:37
Safe Zone: OPEN

Sign in to follow this  
DORNER

Disabling servers...

DORNER    0

Would it be possible to disable all but one server during off-peak times and just enable multiple servers during peak time? It would help fill up one server rather than having 6 on one and 15 on the other.

Caeldon    1

+1. For those playing at Australian times this would be a most welcome change.

Flame    0

Would it be possible to disable all but one server during off-peak times and just enable multiple servers during peak time? It would help fill up one server rather than having 6 on one and 15 on the other.

Noticed that as well and it would be nice, but what happens if there is suddenly a flux of people that come on at off-peak hours for whatever reason to find that the only server up is full and the others are locked, the forums would probably get bombarded by new players posting threads asking why the others servers aren't up.

But I do agree that during off-peak times something needs to be sorted so that the handful of people that are on at off-peak aren't split into different servers.

My only thought of why that is, is that some join the more empty one to actually gather loot and not hoping to get into any interaction with other players, I could be wrong.

DORNER    0

Im in the same boat. Figured Id suggest it because that would leave the server with an average of 20 people on rather than 5.

@Flame. Im sure theres a way to make it so the other server can be put back online as soon as the first one fills up. I dont know anything about servers so I cant say anything about that.

Flame    0

Im in the same boat. Figured Id suggest it because that would leave the server with an average of 20 people on rather than 5.

@Flame. Im sure theres a way to make it so the other server can be put back online as soon as the first one fills up. I dont know anything about servers so I cant say anything about that.

Hopefully there would be something like that, that would be awesome.

tGt    0

+1. This, or something similar to this needs to be implemented for those in different time-zones.

Caeldon    1

A good example would be right now. S1+S2+S3 are all open, yet across all 3 there is a total of 9 players online, It would make sense to just have one server open around this time and perhaps for the next few hours.

Sky    1

There is 3 servers up right now? Really?

DORNER    0

Yeah it really hinders me from wanting to play when there arent many people on the server. I get people want to loot in peace but for RP sake thats kind of pointless. I know theres gotta be a way to see what the exact peak hours usually are. Thats when a second or third server should be used.

Caeldon    1

Yeah, the whole aspect of looting on a dead server doesn't really seem to have a point in RP. Also I am the same Dorner, It hinders me wanting to play as well so I usually hold off until Night time at the moment when the servers begin to fill.

DORNER    0

Yeah, the whole aspect of looting on a dead server doesn't really seem to have a point in RP. Also I am the same Dorner, It hinders me wanting to play as well so I usually hold off until Night time at the moment when the servers begin to fill.

Likewise, which makes it harder to play when Im free and actually WANT to play haha

If I was playing on a Vanilla DayZ server I can see wanting to play on a low populated server so you dont get KoS'd but I WANT to interact with people. Thats the whole reason why I joined this community.

If anything they should at least test it out and see how it goes. Id rather refresh the page every few seconds waiting for a free spot than play on a 1/4 full server.

Recki    1

I don't know if I like the idea or not. On the one hand, you would meet more players even at the nighttime or whatever, if they are not splitted on three servers, but on the other hand, my clan already built up a base on S2, and if we only can play on S1 sometimes, we would have to build a base again, or stay with the loot in our inventory until the other server comes back online. Thats all a bit exhausting.

DORNER    0

Build one on S1 too. Itll give you more reason to play that server too. Maybe the second base would be even better than the first.

Reacher    2

Why not just leave it as is, and simply join the most populated server during off-peak times?

DORNER    0

Why not just leave it as is, and simply join the most populated server during off-peak times?

The more populated server during offtimes have less than 10 people. Seems pointless.

Caesar    438

It is already inconvenient enough for those who have vehicles tents on RP2 S3. Don't make it worse.

Rel    0

It is already inconvenient enough for those who have vehicles tents on RP2 S3. Don't make it worse.

Pretty much this ^

Guest Alpha   
Guest Alpha

All of them should be up at the same time 24/7 in my opinion. This gives players a bit more space and yes I'm sure that during peak times all of them will be filled.

DORNER    0

Im sure half of you guys that would have a problem with it arent even playing at off-peak times. This is for the people that are up when theres only like 5 people per server instead of 10 people on one.

Reacher    2

Well, 10 people is better than none. And the more concentrated off-peak players are on a single server, the more inclined other off-peak players are to join them on the same server.

Guest John Le Bear   
Guest John Le Bear

Build one on S1 too. Itll give you more reason to play that server too. Maybe the second base would be even better than the first.

meh, too much effort for the time being + s1 is always full when the whole clan is online