Server time (UTC): 2019-11-20, 18:09
Sign in to follow this  
BearRP

Forum Badges? Hear me out.

Forum Badges to be displayed next to/underneath your forum name w/descriptors.  

22 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Not sure whether this has already been suggested, looking through recent forum posts, my guess is not so here goes.

Forum badges, little badges that can be displayed next to or underneath your forum name. Different types of accomplishments within the community! for example, "You've reached 100 hours in the server" or "You've reached 1000 BeanZ" and they'd each have their own little PNG logo and when hovered over, have their own little descriptor. Maximum of maybe 3 or 4 could be displayed at any given time. I'm completely oblivious to how difficult this would be to code, but we'll see.

Lemme know whatchu think, super great idea or naw, it's stoopid.

No. IMO, allowing people to pay for titles already devalued them and this would make them even more worthless. I like titles set aside for specific accomplishments and things very few people receive.

Big +1 to Dan, -1 to the suggestion. Sorry.

Nah. Pretty much what Dan said. 

And tbf, even before the paid titles - things like the 'Photographer' title, and how easier that was to get...makes things like that just a meaningless vanity decor. I'd much rather we just brought back more unique titles/ranks for those who have truly contributed to the community.

The more titles you allow people to get, the less valuable they are.

I think a reward system based on hours played, zombies killed, somthing like this would be really cool. I personally think it would give titles more meaning because you have to earn them on your own. I think we should remove the ones you can pay for though. Those are stupid and honestly just destroy the whole concept behind earning titles.. and I feel like staff is less likely to give out free ones, knowing the server can make money off those.

So +1.

Perhaps shifting these small accomplishments to a small section on your actual profile page would be cool, but as the others have said, titles are supposed to be really special and I personally would like them to remain as special as they can be, seeing you can already purchase them to some extent.

Maybe this would be better for a little thing on the profile page called “achievements” that doesn’t show anywhere but on the profile

Nah I don't want to see this. The ones that we have and the current system works just fine I think.