Server time: 2017-08-22, 12:58

Sign in to follow this  
Luinky

Blasphemy, RP reason to kill?

Luinky    0

We praise the all mighty Tonic... and we take our religion very seriously.

Can we take an insult to our God as a hostile action??? if so, do we have to state that on our clan info? Yesterday a couple of boys were blaspheming against him, and ended up robbing one of us... we wanted to kill them but we didnt have a RP reason to do it, so that is why im asking if blasphemy could be one.

Guest Wookiebookie   
Guest Wookiebookie

You cannot gain KoS-rights because of that, but you can however execute them with the right RP

You cannot kill them but you can rob them, if they don't comply kill them.

If they do, you can always RP a execution since they cursed your god, etc.

Sky    1

I don't think their words alone are enough to give you kill rights. However, if you were to initiate hostilities towards them and take them prisoner, you'd be within your rights to execute them. As long as the execution is role-played.

Guest Kilgore   
Guest Kilgore

Sacrifice them!!!!!!!

Osaka    15

But be sure to have evidence that they indeed insulted your God, otherwise you can imprison everyone and roleplay an execution.

You'll need those Fraps movies.

Guest Dr. Ogen   
Guest Dr. Ogen

Oh noes, I am forseeing a massive amount of reports/deaths incoming :x

"Fucking hell, what are you thinking?" "What? You insulted me? Take that!" *bang*

I am probably the only one fearing no-reason-banditry spreading, so never mind, just wanted to get it off my chest :3

Zod    3

For a RP reason to kill them, You could take them prisoner, surround them in a circle of road flares and sacrifice them to the almighty lord Tonic?

Sky    1

For a RP reason to kill them, You could take them prisoner, surround them in a circle of road flares and sacrifice them to the almighty lord Tonic?

Yep, that's a good example too. As long as there is some effort involved to make it a worthwhile RP experience for all parties involved, then we're generally fine with executions.

Osaka    15

But what is blasphemy? Being a follower of another or no religion can be seen as blasphemy because blasphemy is the insult of a God.

Being not a follower of that God can be an insult.

Sky    1

Being not a follower of that God can be an insult.

Yep, and we would throw it out in a report if it ever came up.

Guest Kilgore   
Guest Kilgore

[video=youtube]

Tomeran    3

Yep, that's a good example too. As long as there is some effort involved to make it a worthwhile RP experience for all parties involved, then we're generally fine with executions.

This.

Robbing them and going "Do you swear loyalty to Tonic?" and the victim goes "who?" is not really grounds for execution imo.

Any execution roleplay should be fairly extensive, so its not just a quick "I cant be bothered with live captives/I think its cool and fun to kill prisoners"-shot to the head after they've surrendered.

And personally? I'd offer the victim some way out, some sort of chance. They have surrendered after all.

Osaka    15

The victim always needs to have a chance to save his/her life.

You can't be running around picking off people that will die no matter what they do.

Because that is just as bad as a KOS.

So if someone is not a follower of your god, which means, everyone except your clan, then you can't just kill people because they don't worship your god.

Also not in RP sense where they get taken captive and executed in RP manner.

Because it will still be a KOS since the victim never had a single chance to comply with demands.

Guest Hero   
Guest Hero

You can't be running around picking off people that will die no matter what they do.

So if someone is not a follower of your god, which means, everyone except your clan, then you can't just kill people because they don't worship your god.

Because it will still be a KOS since the victim never had a single chance to comply with demands.

He does, he can decide to worship that god.

Gina    26

The more I keep reading different threads, I have noticed that pretty much any excuse to kill other player is ok.

It is sad really, I was hoping for more RP friendly environment... but I guess I will get used to it.. eventually.

Osaka    15

This is just a discussion for now.

religious cult clans can ofcourse play their character.

They can try to convert people, they can even kill if a person makes hostile intentions or remarks towards their god. However you need proof because telling someone over voice is not logged, and you shooting them is.

FRAPS any kill attempt by default.

Because these kind of executions tend to take for the worst, and bans are being thrown around all over the place.

Luinky    0

One thing is to not follow a god, and the other one is to insult it.

Ethanorg    0

If they say that they don't worship your God don't execute them, i'd recommend only doing so if they begin to insult your God.Ex: If someone said they don't believe in what R.S.M does i'd be okay with that, but if they began insulting me i'd be rather pissed at them (of course i wouldn't follow through with hostile action because of my clans ideology of being friendly, but a cult might act differently and follow through and rob that individual, or even execute him)

Othuyeg    20

I have a related question. This is a hypotethical situation.

If i am holding up a group of people who are not related to eachother. And my weapon happends to be an explosive, or the group is inside a bus. Now. If i demand them to comply with my demands and tell them that if they try to do something stupid, we will all die.

Now, can one person make the choice for the whole group? If one of them attempts to attack and i trigger the explosion or explode the vehicle, did i KoS the rest of the group?

Ethanorg    0

I have a related question. This is a hypotethical situation.

If i am holding up a group of people who are not related to eachother. And my weapon happends to be an explosive, or the group is inside a bus. Now. If i demand them to comply with my demands and tell them that if they try to do something stupid, we will all die.

Now, can one person make the choice for the whole group? If one of them attempts to attack and i trigger the explosion or explode the vehicle, did i KoS the rest of the group?

Well i'm pretty sure if they're together most of the time they're in the car of their free will and probably understand the consequences and dangers of being so mobile, correct me if i'm wrong.

Othuyeg    20

Yeah well... i guess the common sense rule is the one to go by here.

Guest John Le Bear   
Guest John Le Bear

If you plan on killing people in the name of your god, i suggest you do it in an entertaining way, for example, i would love to be taken hostage by you guys for blasphemy, then you put flares or fires in a circle around me, do some strange dance/chant then you all beat me to death with hatchets

Gina    26

... i would love to be taken hostage by you guys for blasphemy, then you put flares or fires in a circle around me, do some strange dance/chant then you all beat me to death with hatchets

You Sir have weird death wishes... *blinks*