Server time (UTC): 2021-09-25 00:52

Ban Appeal

Link to the source of punishment (report/post):

Why the verdict is not fair: I feel as though 7 days is a bit too long for my ban, sleepyhead had assumed I was enraged but in fact before my ban was filed I was back playing on the server as usual.

Additional statements/comments explaining your point of view:  I don't think 7 days is really necessary as the whole ordeal was over and done with pretty much 10 minutes after I was killed, I genuinely thought it was bad RP and so did my friend in Interpol.

What would you like to achieve with this appeal: I would like to have my ban reduced from 7 days to 3 days. 

What could you have done better?: I could have not made the report in the first place, I am new here.

• Legend

Hello @Anthony_Merlock,

A different team has looked over your Appeal and come to the following conclusion. 

In your report, you were wrong about the meaning of BadRP and GearRP. BadRP refers to when RP is given, but poorly or in a bad/terrible manner. Think, stripping someone naked instead of stating, *Pats you down, checking your pockets.*  //what do I find? 

GearRP refers to RP that is solely focused on Gear and does not add to the on going RP or the RP situation, though this is a vague explanation and we judge GearRP on a case by case basis.

In your Report, it's obvious to tell you were upset at getting killed but this is due to your own mistakes. You fired first upon Cipher which he then in turn shot and killed you for non-compliance as is his right when defending himself. When someone initiates you are not required to comply, though complying tends to lead to you staying alive more often than not. There was not enough RP that occurred to judge a BadRP Situation off, and Cipher shooting you for GearRP does not fit as he initiated first and you did not RP with him long enough to discover his reasons on doing so.

While we understand your frustrations we also understand that you are new to the community. Since we do not believe you created the Report with any malice intended the False Report punishment does not apply here.

In the future be sure to read through our rules and see if the situation fits a rule break, if unsure you can throw up a report then when learning of the individuals involved you can choose to talk it out to find a common ground and agree to close the Report. You can also request names from a GM+ if you plan on not reporting and instead wish to discuss what took place with the individuals involved this is a common tactic to talking things out if you feel a rule break or RP situation went sour. 

/Appeal Accepted, Points and Ban removed.

Signed @Brayces and @Spartan