Server time (UTC): 2021-09-20 21:11

brk - NVFL Appeal.

brk

Link to the source of punishment (report/post):

Why the verdict is not fair:

I have been roleplaying on this server since 2013, I am full aware of the rules, what you can do, what you cant do and what you shouldn’t do, I truly believe I have not committed a rule break.

None of our ‘dynamic’ knew about the ‘initiation’ it is not ‘clear’ at all from the video evidence, that an initiation had happened, there was so much random chatter in the video, someone randomly shouting drop your weapons boy, no one reacted after the comment that we even only heard this comment reviewing the video after posting the evidence.

Besides the point we are not a member of the group that took a kamenchi man hostage.

If I/we truly knew we had a kamenchi man hostage, why would I and many other run directly towards a group of armed men if I thought they had KoS on me?

It was not only me running towards this group, as can be seen in the video, multiple people decided to run towards them, not knowing there was any hostage situation, so IC (even OOC) my character did not know a situation had aroused that may result in my death, so I do not understand how this is showing no value for life of my character? My character had no idea his life was in danger without warning. I would not put my character at risk otherwise.

Put yourselves in my shoes first of all, if you thought someone had KoS at you, would you run/walk towards the exact group in an OPEN field?

Now put yourselves in their shoes, If you see a group of 8ish people running/walking towards you in an OPEN field, not pointing your gun or taking positions, guns lowered, would you really think their involved or would you take second thoughts?

Through out the course of the video, the savior members tells us multiple times that there was no hostage, no enemies, just a friendly fire situation.

Additional statements/comments explaining your point of view:

There was a situation occurring between the Saviors and Kamenichi. 

So, a group of people decided to rally some people together and help the Saviours fight back.

First of all, not to be rude but have you even read the report? The situation began with a civilian, getting robbed by kamanici, we decide to help him, WE rally some troops and the saviours agree to help, it was our situation. There was no situation prior to this.The saviours were not involved prior to us meeting them.

Knowing about a hostile situation going on between the two groups, BRK and his allies go into Novy with the blue colours of the Saviours.

There was no hostile situation between the two groups, as i have stated and many others during the report, the saviours gave us the blue armbands to avoid miss-IDing eachother. There was no hostile situation at this time.

Upon arriving into town, they start running towards the opposing party, met with shots and died.

We were in the town for a good 10 minutes, you make it sound like we ran into the town and ran directly towards them immediately. We were all at the water pump in Novy and someone spots a group of guys so we run towards to investigate.

BRK and OxEn then return to the area to supposedly kill each other. 

If you check the logs, we both re-spawned in Novy, the quickest way to kill ourselves (due to spawning as wrong characters) was to run to the closest town, where i kill Oxen once we meet up, i then leave town.

Neither of us took shots or gave shots to any other member of the community at the time, we did not interfere so i do not understand this 'supposedly' comment.

There is no supposedly about it, we spawned in the zone so therefore the NLR was broke immediately but thats a technicality of the spawns?

@groovy tonyRP 

Due to you knowing full well that the Saviours were an official group and you obtained Kill Rights on their entire group, you open fire on the individuals. 

Unfortunately for you, one of them happened to be non-affiliated with the group from a forum standpoint I.E not on their roster. You did not have kill rights on said individual. In any normal case, we would issue you a Firefight KOS punishment, but we've decided otherwise. 

Read more  

Again, there was no hostilities, BEFORE this apparent 'hostage' situation.

Can you elaborate why this is an abnormal case? You state this was an invalid kill, but this is a verbal warning?

Judging by the videos, you knew very well what kind of situation you and your friends were getting into. You accepted those risks.

I do not see how this is obvious, I and all of our dynamic clearly have no idea what was going on regarding a KoS situation, we ask a member of the group of saviours whats happening is there a hostage and he states again and again no.

We knew there was risks of being initaited on, maybe getting killed due to that but we did not know of a risk of a KOS situation.

You and your group went into a situation to fight against Kamenichi. Judging by the videos, you knew very well what kind of situation you and your friends were getting into. You accepted those risks. You expected to walk straight into the field which had an ongoing situation between two groups and you expected not to get shot since they didn't have Kill Rights on you.  But we've reviewed the footage and came to the conclusion you decided not to value your life. 

Again, clearly, in the video we did not know there was any hostage, (again) we were told by saviours there was not any.

You state they didn't have kill rights on me so how is this death not a KoS situation?

My character was told there was no hostage, we run to a group of people who we did not know who they even were, how is that no valuing my life? 3 men shooting on a large group running towards them (Even tho weapons were lowered) is not no value for life?

Do not act in a way that indicates no value for your characters life and survival.

So in my situation, running towards a group to roleplay is no value for life.

If you had valued your life, you would have stayed away from the situation when you knew what was going down.

We started the situation, we wanted to roleplay, on a roleplay server. 

In future, wait until the situation is over before you decide to go and roleplay with big groups, especially when you're unaffiliated with them. Be more mindful of your surroundings and choose your timing better. 

The saviours were unaffiliated with us, not the other way around. We began the whole situation of course we were going to go roleplay with the group?? Especially questions was there a hostage to be told no there is not!

*COUGH COUGH*

Forgive me but what was the reason for this, was this to agitate us? This is a serious report, where inappropriate comments are frowned upon?

You also must stay away from the location where you died for 1 hour and not get involved again with the situation that lead to your death. 

We spawned in this location.

I am unsure if this is a rule currently, where i am certain it used to be, if a report is involving members of the community that have known relations with members of staff should they not avoid the report and  allow other members of staff to deal with it? Jamie is regularly seen on the forums to be interacting with the 'RP' members, after the report this status update was added.

914c512c3300467157bee9d0dde2e941-png.jpg

de57b2c09500065ab1b3950c410e869a-png.jpg

We feel this report was biast, none of the verdict explained or disregarded any comments made against the kamenchi members.

What would you like to achieve with this appeal:

The verdict to be rethought out, the verdict seems to be poor and a skim of the PoVs.

I strongly believe the NVFL is an invalid statement and the fact that the KoS was given a strange amnesty?

7 day ban, 10-15 warning points

• Trolling
  • Invalid Kill - on sight
  • Lying in a report
  • False report
  • Griefing
Read more  

What could you have done better?:

I agree with the NLR, i should have avoided novy altogether.

The rest i stand by.

Thank you for reading this appeal & sorry for the major wall of text but I felt wrongly done here & I dont mean to sound rude and arrogant.

brk.

Edited by brk
  • MVP
On 10/31/2018 at 10:10 PM, brk said:

There was no situation prior to this.

No situation prior to this? In the video you provided you and your friends are heard planning out an initiation, then your friend initiates on that person? Im confused onto how you think there was no hostile interaction before this happened.

What i mean by that is: Jamie keeps referring to Saviors and Kamenchi as having hostilities and we should of avoided it that is incorrect. We began the hunt and Saviours tagged along. What I am saying is there was no direct hostilities towards Kamecnhii until the shooting, on our behalf atleast from IC. Yes we PLANNED an attack but did not have any direct contact with any Kamecnhi until the shooting and we also believed Saviors did not also. We built up over 4 hours of rallying people for a roleplay scenario which is why we ran towards Kamenchi to continue the roleplay not just a drop weps 10 secs idea, if we knew IC and OOC they had KoS why would we run towards them in an open field away from cover with guns lowered? We DID NOT initiate on anyone. As I keep explaining we asked the Saviors did they have anyone hostage or find any Kamenchi and they kept telling us no. So I don't understand how that was NVFL. We did not know there was any hostage at all until after. None of us are friends with any Saviors we meet them in game and we haven’t spoke to any of them since the situation so I wouldn’t refer to them as friends, all interaction was IC.

If you listen to the video those TS comms are atrocious how would you know an initiation had happened? We spoke multiple times to the saviour member and he assured us all of this had not happened so IC and even OOC we had no idea a hostage was taken, my character had no idea he was in jeopardy of being killed on sight. So thats how i have an issue with the NVFL claim and banstrike.

Video: 

My original post in the report with timestamps. 

You're quite clearly missing the whole reason I reported you.

The report is up because myself and my friends attempted to get some good hostile rp going which took about 3/4 hours and as soon as we see you you shoot at us. (Can you not see as to why I've reported you?)

Also you're stating that all we want to do is kill you, wrong you can't read my mind, you really think I'm gonna spend all night hunting for you guys just to kill you? No ideally I wanted to confront you guys and maybe rob you/take you hostage for disarming 'foreigners' but you never gave the chance you just opened fired cos I had an armband on, which I totally understand, but you still misid'd me.  The communication we are having ig is just general RP to keep the conversation going, don't take everything so literal.

At 1:12 in the video you hear @OxeN say 'People are getting shot at.' I then unmute and get told not to worry about it and nothing more is said, surely if a Kamenici was running past the comms would've been way more alert.  I then ask at 2:35 if everything is good and I get the reply 'no cos some fucking guy just.' (at this point we still have no clue what the fuck is actually going on.) Then the saviour that's leading us says 'that's not what's happening he's killing one of our friends.' (adding more sauce to the confusion.) 

Shepherd then asks at 3:01 'did they kill that guy?' (Again I'm still confused about this as I'm still not convinced anything was actually happening cos if it was the comms would have been way worse.) To which someone replies 'He was just shooting in Novy.' so going off these comms so far I still don't know what the fuck is happening.

Then at 3:09 someone else joins and starts talking about something else which is irrelevant but adds more confusion as to what's going on.

Then at 4:01 Shepherd asks again this time ig if they got that guy, to which I reply 'uhhm.. yeah?' Listen to way I say it though you might not be able to make it out but I was just giving him a response ig I didn't actually know what the fuck was going on which is pretty clear by the confusion in my voice when I say yes, then again the saviour we're running with denies that the guy was shooting at one of us.

Shepherd again then says 'Hopefully we find these guys then, be a bit disappointing after all this if we don't.'

Finally at 4:30 we hear some more irrelevant comms about the stress test, and then at 4:35 which I've only just noticed someone shouts 'I'm dropping a yeet.' Then all we hear is an initiation. I'm sorry but over here in the UK we speak proper English I don't drop 'yeet's' on people when I'm initiating.

After said 'yeet' is dropped nothing else is mentioned, no names off who was captured or shouting saying there's one here etc. nothing! We didn't even know New Moon we're showing up lmao.  Only information we go off is what Awimba say's IG and I'm not sure where he heard that from cos I must've missed it.

When I say 'I'm a Saviour by proxy.' I mean I'm a saviour by association(but not really, I was just making a joke/rping) we still knew regardless of the armband that we had to initiate that was why we we're running over towards you's/have hostileRP but nah u bros just shot, which I can see as to why  but misid is still a misid.

Pay attention to what's going on in the footage, the comms are a mess there's saviours headshotting eachother and talking about game updates, the comms are fucking atrocious, the whole time I had no clue what was going on, the saviour that is leading us in the video is stating ig that nothing is going on yet there's people saying otherwise over the radio.

Staff can holla me if you need me to post again.

Edited by brk
important information
  • MVP
26 minutes ago, brk said:

If you listen to the video those TS comms are atrocious how would you know an initiation had happened?

Someone quite literally says, "Im dropping the yeet, put your hands up right now." After this happened you and your friends sit around the pump, and there is a moment where you and your group acknowledge that you have the Kamenci member. Then you decide to affiliate yourself with the group that initiated by putting on the arm bands, and charge towards Kamenci members on the hill. There is no where in the video that I can find these Saviors mention that there was no hostage AFTER you hear the initiation drop in your video. Your POVs are very confusing, and fail to match up with the video you have provided for us.

16 minutes ago, Brady said:

Someone quite literally says, "Im dropping the yeet, put your hands up right now." After this happened you and your friends sit around the pump, and there is a moment where you and your group acknowledge that you have the Kamenci member. Then you decide to affiliate yourself with the group that initiated by putting on the arm bands, and charge towards Kamenci members on the hill. There is no where in the video that I can find these Saviors mention that there was no hostage AFTER you hear the initiation drop in your video. Your POVs are very confusing, and fail to match up with the video you have provided for us.

Yes because during all those bad comms someone saying 'im dropping a yeet.' is clarification of an initiation. I have never played with members of the Saviours up until this point and it wasn't until after I uploaded the raw footage that I even registered that someone had even said that, now for me someone saying 'I'm dropping a yeet.' doesn't mean their initiating that to me just says their immature. Also there's no moment where me and my dynamic acknowledge 100% that we had a Kamenici member, even so if we did regardless we would have had to initiate because we aren't Saviours.

If possible at somepoint later tonight would I be able to speak with you on discord/ts to convey my points a bit better, as I believe there is a lot of information you have been left out on.

• MVP
On 11/2/2018 at 10:45 AM, brk said:

If possible at somepoint later tonight would I be able to speak with you on discord/ts to convey my points a bit better, as I believe there is a lot of information you have been left out on.

All of the information must be in the appeal so more GMs and Admins can look over it. If you would like to add anything to help your case put it in this appeal.

1 hour ago, Brady said:

All of the information must be in the appeal so more GMs and Admins can look over it. If you would like to add anything to help your case put it in this appeal.

It's just the fact that during the events that led up to the report me and my dynamic had no idea what was going on I wouldn't be making this appeal or putting the amount of effort into the report if I didn't feel wronged.

Granted we shouldn't have put on the armbands but it was only for identification so the saviours didn't shoot us, we we're not expecting a situation that chaotic, from the moment we joined the saviours comms we had no idea what was going on.

We honestly didn't know what was going on I wouldn't have uploaded video evidence and raw footage if we knew what was going on.

• MVP

To recap, were going to go over the situation with evidence provided by yourself. At the beginning of the video your group addressed that there was someone in the town you were going to that was Kamanici, to which you all held the desire to initiate on him. Someone then asks if there will be an initiation on this person, to which a few moments later he states "Im dropping the yeet," and then screams "PUT YOUR HANDS UP NOW BOY." After this clear initiation by the people you were playing with, you then decide to sprint with your gun out wearing the colors of a group that had just initiated on their friend.

We see this situation to be quite clear, you knew what you were running into yet you are surprised you were killed. Due to the circumstance that you obviously knew what you were running into, we see the points and ban given to you to be fit. In the future we recommend that if you are in a group that has just initiated on another groups friend, to not run head first at that enemy's group. 

Outcome

Appeal Denied - Points and Ban Stay

me and @Brayces