Server time (UTC): 2021-09-16 20:56

Balancing ammo spawns

King

• Sapphire

Currently, looting a military base will render you at least 150 rounds of varied ammunition on a good day. While your average husky chernorussian gearRPer sexually fantasizes at the amount of 7.62 sprawling across tisy at the moment, I think a rebalancing is in order.

Banditry should be carefully planned. It should be a genuine cost to the typical hostile RPer other than a 30 minute run back to NWAF.

EDIT: loose ammo stays, just these massive fucking tubs of ammo that goes. 

d4d.jpg.aed0b1863ce7fc21bbcabe857595f896.jpg

Edited by King

nwaf is cancer to find any particular type of ammo imo. cause every other whitename and their possie of friends loots it

• MVP

Ammo spawns are fine imo I don't want to be looting for 5 hours to fill one mag ya dig?

• Sapphire
7 minutes ago, ShaneKOS said:

Ammo spawns are fine imo I don't want to be looting for 5 hours to fill one mag ya dig?

You wouldn't, it just won't be stupidly easy to find. 

Loose ammo spawns are still pretty common and you should still fill yer mag ?

Edited by King
8 minutes ago, ShaneKOS said:

Ammo spawns are fine imo 

My several friends with 10 clips of ammo says otherwise... I think you may be biased ? 

1 minute ago, The Traveler said:

My several friends with 10 clips of ammo says otherwise... I think you may be biased ? 

Everyone is biased guy for example you are biased against megahubs (and make a point to mention it in every thread) specifically the one in Grish because now the Homestead is dead.

Theres nothing wrong with having an opinion, no need to call someone out on "bias" just because their playstyle is different from yours.

• Sapphire

Well, I can find tons of foreign made 5.56x45mm NATO rounds but I have trouble finding any 7.62x54mmR in the same quantity that have been produced for more than a century and are probably made locally.

So yeah I think it needs to be balanced.

• Diamond

I rarely PVP to be honest, game is too shit for me to even bother most days, however, I do think that while not nerfing them so much that ammo is scarce, they could do with a slight reduction, as I'm finding it easy as hell to find 5.56, 7.62x39 and even 7.62x54 on some days.

Edited by Syoto
  • Sapphire
5 minutes ago, Nihoolious said:

If we had more weapons that use these types of ammo then I think it would balance out.

How? 

• Sapphire

More 

Atm 5.56 is more common then 7.62×39 it should be the other way around

• Diamond

No point.

9 hours ago, King said:

How? 

Example, more 5.56 weapons in-game means the ammunition will actually be used sooner instead of being stockpiled until you find an M4. The devs already said the ammo spawns are in place to fit for a at least four 5.56 weapons. Right now the amount of weapons in-game is tragically bad but all the ammo is still spawning.

You said banditry needs to be carefully planned, the bandits that actually survive longer than two hours actually plan their movements and don't need much ammo to rob someone who is "friendly". If you reduced ammo I don't think it would have any effect I mean 3 magazines would have me killing for quite a while, AKs are dropping people with one chest shot at the minute, no need for full auto ever.

• Legend

Realistically all ammo should be getting more and more scarce as the outbreak trots along in the timeline, as you know ... No one is making bullets anymore.

BUT, since that won't work I think decreasing ammo spawns is always a good idea. Makes people think twice about them there firefights and causes ammo to be more so like currency for trading, etc.

And before someone says "But I don't want to spend hours looting!" Uh, so? If you don't wanna loot, then rob or trade. Simple. There are people who love looting (those sick bastards ... D:) who will spend hours just roaming spawn points for gear/weapons and ammo never once speaking to a single person just so they have the right amount to go off and trade with.

• Sapphire

>delete ammo boxes

>increase 7.62 39 loose ammo spawn

>decrease 5.56 40 loose ammo spawn

>. 45 stays the same 

No? 

• Sapphire
11 minutes ago, Tewudin said:

+1 Definitely something we should consider.

Not something to consider, something to implement soon. 

I want to see this happen. Not float around like it does most of the time. 

Removing the boxes completely would be nuts now that I think of it, people would be pulling their hair out for ammo and metagaming like fuck to get in on server restarts to snatch all the ammo.

thought about it more. Looting with bigger groups always means ammo is spread out. I’ve never really noticed a surplus in ammo in Kamenici. There’s always a couple of us low on ammo. It makes sense if a solo person loots an entire military compound and walks out with a bunch of mags.

• Sapphire
1 hour ago, Jerry said:

Removing the boxes completely would be nuts now that I think of it, people would be pulling their hair out for ammo and metagaming like fuck to get in on server restarts to snatch all the ammo.

Doesn't that happen already? 

4 minutes ago, King said:

Doesn't that happen already? 

Yeah wouldn't want it getting any worse. Ammo seems fine to be honest, I mean the server is setting spawns for 100 players so if we had 100/100 you'd be crying for ammo probably.

• Sapphire

Ammo (and guns for that matter) should be more of a rare resource, especially this far into the apocalypse

• Diamond

Editing the server files heavily right now is just a bad idea. We don’t know when the patch is going to to drop and when it does, the files for our community will be broken and our devs will need to spend some time to fix it.

While I agree that I wish weapons and magazines were some what common and ammo harder to find, I just don’t see the benefit of changing so much without proper modding tools. 

Edited by Zero
  • Sapphire

Thinking of how many people that plays the spawns are almost ok as they are atm

Just decrease 5.56 spawns and increase 7.62×39 spawns

Dont want to make things to hard for peps it tends to make people bored