Server time (UTC): 2019-12-07, 20:55 WE ARE RECRUITING
PRISON ESCAPE
ONGOING | 2019-12-07 20:00:00 (server time) | Ends in 4 minutes | Event Server
Sign in to follow this  
Kerkkoh

New Features/changes you'd like to see in the mod

Are you able to make people properly put their hands up and go through their inventory like before?

These are some things I would really like added:

• The ability to have layers of clothes. Basically to be able to wear clothes on top of one another like a raincoat over a sweater and stuff like that.
  • The ability to tie someone's hand like you were before.
  • When you using the hotbar and you wish to put the item back in your inventory it will put it where it first finds enough space, instead of putting the item back from where it was taken. This could be a good fix.
  • The ability to move while having the inventory opened.

Being able to put two hands up without waving.

image.png.ad10375848b72afef5251127abdf1c10.png

1KG can opener. Please fix.

29 minutes ago, AndreyQ said:

These are some things I would really like added:

• The ability to have layers of clothes. Basically to be able to wear clothes on top of one another like a raincoat over a sweater and stuff like that.

This would be a fantastic idea for sure, I'd love to be able to wear a raincoat or something else over say, a Basic T-shirt or the long sleeve shirt you can find. However it would require a change to how many 'slots' a player has for clothing. It wouldent be difficult model wise because you would just replace the model for the under layer with the over layer as if you had totally swapped the clothing.

29 minutes ago, AndreyQ said:
  • The ability to move while having the inventory opened.

I'm gonna have to +1/-1 this. Being able to access your inventory and move is kinda immersion breaking. However if you were able to open your inventory and access your pockets/shirt/vest while moving, I think that would be realistic and making you have to stop to access your backpack.

I think the ability to kill yourself by hitting respawn should be an option, for one I'm tired of jumping off high places just to kill myself and change my character skin, I'm sure staff would prefer us to just die in the middle of a forest instead of finding bodies at the base of a hunting stand.

This would also help with those wanting to kill off their character in a roleplay situation, example: dying from a sickness, gunshot wound, etc.

Things I would like to see added in feature wise:

1- DayZRP server

In mod when you were on the server you would get the DayZRP logo in the bottom left. Like so:

Spoiler

72353397_dayzrpserverlogo.jpg.d9b2270a322f1a45f785598aa599242f.jpg

2- Group Emblems:

Another feature from mod was having the group logo appear on armbands and on vehicles. It would be a nice feature as well that when base building comes in if groups had the choice of putting the group emblem on a flag or spray paint it on the entrance.  

3- Player Position Logs:

This is more so a tool for staff to use, but player positioning logs being recorded so if someone was unable to identify someone for a potential rule-break staff can then see all the players located around that time/location.

4- Base Building logs:

Similar to the suggestion above, but when base building comes in all items built/damaged by players are logged. This would more or less be used to help staff in tracking down players who may just be trolling by building/destroying bases around the map. 

5- New Spawn Consequence:

This goes off an idea Rolle had a while back with character damage appearing on the character pages. If a player dies then when they re spawn for a set amount of in game time have reduced stamina or be stuck in the limping animation, this is to hopefully make players value their lives more by adding in a consequence should they die. 

6- Radio Frequency:

Rather then simply scrolling through radio frequencies have players manually input the radio frequency they wish to use. This would hopefully cut off people from using third party software to talk over the radio and gradually push for all IC information to be passed in game. 

7- Voip Distance:

Have the ability to tap and change the distance your voice is heard:

-Soft- Very close proximity almost like whispering. 

-Normal- Just normal proximity used in DayZ. 

-Loud- Far proximity for shouting things out. 

-Megaphones- Increase the range. 

8- Player Spawn Locations:

I think player spawns should be positioned around smaller towns along the coastline.

9- Decrease canned food

Seeing how DayZ is meant to be a survival apocalyptic setting I feel that canned goods should be reduced and mostly only found around new spawn areas. I feel players should be using other game mechanics such as fishing, farming and hunting (increase of animal spawns) as their main source of food gathering. 

10- Water Pumps

It would be interesting if a water pump only had a set amount of water before running dry. The pump would be usable again after some time, but players would have to use rivers/rainwater as a source of water and use purification tablets to avoid the chance of getting sick. 

11- Zombie spawns/hoards 

I feel zombie spawns should be readjusted so smaller towns (player spawns) only have a small handful while the larger cities/ military complexes should have a higher concentration of them. It would also be a nice feature to have large zombie hoards randomly spawn around the map. 

34 minutes ago, Stradic said:

7- Voip Distance:

Have the ability to tap and change the distance your voice is heard:

-Soft- Very close proximity almost like whispering. 

-Normal- Just normal proximity used in DayZ. 

-Loud- Far proximity for shouting things out. 

-Megaphones- Increase the range. 

Already a feature in TFR for ARMA 3, just a matter of time until it gets ported to DayZ when modding is supported.

It's a small feature, but, I think having 'helmet covers' would be a decent idea. Either for the Sh helmet or the Ballistic Helmet, but would basically function as a camouflauge cloth you can attach to the helmet to make it camouflauge. I.e., having a TTsKO pattern helmet cover, or a MARPAT helmet cover, so it matched the USMC jacket or TTsKO uniform.

I'm sure it's also already in progress, but more diverse clothing would be neat. Instead of just having like a base white T-Shirt, maybe a T-Shirt with a graphic on it. Or a hat with a logo on it (other than the CRG one, or whatever it says.)

On 11/1/2018 at 5:48 PM, XieAngel said:

image.png.ad10375848b72afef5251127abdf1c10.png

1KG can opener. Please fix.

Also the same can opener that goes from pristine to fubar after opening 10 or so cans.
I mean I have one in my drawer here that used to be my grandmother's and has probably opened million cans by now and it's still working.

Some tools shouldn't degrade so fast, if at all.

I understand you fuck up your knife if you use it as a can opener, but really? 10 cans? Its 1 kilo AND made of cardboard?

Dont add the DayZRP logo please. Will ruin my screenshots ? 

We have an item shop, why not a 'billboard' shop. Let people rent billboards to advertise IC content (like groups, events etc), so new graphics appear on billboards around Chernarus (and a new source of IC informations)

Edited by DerrickStorm

2 things

First make the black raincoat black, not some weird brown

Second more purple clothing. Purple raincoat and hiking jacket would be dope. Right @OnionRP?

29 minutes ago, DerrickStorm said:

We have an item shop, why not a 'billboard' shop. Let people rent billboards to advertise IC content (like groups, events etc), so new graphics appear on billboards around Chernarus (and a new source of IC informations)

That would be hilarious. But I'm sure that'll require some serious modding first. ?

Seeing some good suggestions so far (thank you for those!), keep them coming.

Just again a friendly reminder, this is not the thread for suggesting new clothing items or any other items for that matter. That thread is here.

Also, a lot of the suggestions have been of DayZ features that aren't in yet (old dayz guns & clothes, tying people up, putting your hands up, etc.), which is what this thread is also not for.

Loving your work Kerk! 

But I'd honestly love some new animations like the following;

Stretcher & Wheelchair animations.

• So we could place them on stretchers and carry them. Same with a wheelchair.

Dragging People

• Dragging people's bodies with animations not like arma 3 when you slide them around. Hopefully with an animation.

3 hours ago, Zanaan said:

2 things

First make the black raincoat black, not some weird brown

Second more purple clothing. Purple raincoat and hiking jacket would be dope. Right @OnionRP?

I would pay money to be the only person allowed said things. Right @Roland?

Edited by OnionRP

It'd be nice to enter the jail and armory in the Cherno police station. You can open the doors but something stops you from entering.

(Put them in spoilers because of the long lists).

Additional Admin Tools

Spoiler

- Player Position Logs. Player positioning logs should recorded so if someone was unable to identify someone for a potential rule-break staff can then see all the players located around that time/location.

- Base Building logs. When base building comes in all items built/damaged by players should be logged. This would more or less be used to help staff in tracking down players who may just be trolling by building/destroying bases around the map. 

Gameplay Changes

Spoiler

- Player spawns should be positioned around smaller towns along the coastline.

- Item degradation. Certain items should never degrade such as can openers, lock picks, and weapon cleaning kits.

- Increase wildlife spawns. By a lot. I realize hunting is hard to do but it's so rare that I actually run into a herd of deer or pack of wolves.

- Spread out wildlife spawns. More in the South and Eastern areas of the map, maybe some in the fields of nearby cities. With the collapse of civilization, I think creatures would venture further toward these areas.

- Adjust healing / wounded recovery times. As of right now, you can go from the brink of death to completely healed within 5-10 minutes. Personally I think this is ridiculous. It removes the need for medical supplies and medical RP all together.

- New spawn consequences. If a player dies then when they respawn for a set amount of in game time have reduced stamina and reduced blood or they should be stuck in the limping animation, this is to hopefully make players value their lives more by adding in a consequence should they die. 

- Zombie spawns/hoards. Zombie spawns should be readjusted so smaller towns (player spawns) only have a small handful while the larger cities/ military complexes should have a higher concentration of them. It would also be a nice feature to have large zombie hoards randomly spawn around the map. 

- Decrease canned food. Seeing how DayZ is meant to be a survival apocalyptic setting I feel that canned goods should be reduced and mostly only found around new spawn areas. I feel players should be using other game mechanics such as fishing, farming and hunting (increase of animal spawns) as their main source of food gathering.

Emote Wheel Additions

Spoiler

- If possible, add animations for various stages of being wounded. It would be nice if people could toggle the limping animations if they wanted to RP out injuries.

Loot Table Changes

Spoiler

- Decrease the amount of military grade ammunition.

- Decrease the amount of military grade weapons weapons in general.

- Make civilian grade weapons and low end police weapons spawn more commonly.

- Adjust the spawning of plate carriers and their attachments to very rarely spawn at Tisy and a guarantee of finding one at a Huey helicopter crash.

- Make certain areas only spawn essential items. Military grade weaponry should be found in the North. Medical supplies such as blood bags, saline, etc should be found ONLY in hospitasl. Clinics should only spawn loot end painkillers and bandages. The Southern cities is where you should be able to find base building supplies, car parts, and so on.

- Adjust where military grade weapons and types spawn. Example, AK-74s and AK-74u's found in Southern military areas such as checkpoints (checkpoints only very rarely, perhaps 15-20 % chance) and any military base in or below Zelenogorsk.

High end military weapons such as AKMs and AK-101s spawn at North-West airfield. At Tisy, make it to where AKMs, AK-101s, AK-74s, AK-74u's, M4A1s, Augs, and UMPs spawn there, with the Western weapons spawning more rarely but still available at only Tisy or heli crashes. SVDs could be found once in a blue moon, perhaps a 5-10% chance to spawn at Tisy. When the other weapons such as PKMs, M249s, Steyr Scout snipers, VSS Vintorez are added in, have them only spawn at helicopter crashes. 

The ammunition should be found in the respective locations as well.

Edited by Zero

Something I think traders and such would REALLY benefit from; At the moment, when trying to place a campfire, you can tap left mouse button to bring up a 'ghost' of the campfire then hold left mouse button to place it in that spot. 

If theres a way to add support for ANY item to do this then it would be wonderful. It would have to be bound to a different button though, maybe P (for placement :3). As an alternative, a trading menu would be pretty cool so that people could just pass items back and forth instead of awkwardly dropping stuff, such as meat, on the floor. This might also help resolve the invisible item bug where some things just dont appear when dropped.

Admin built settlements for RP!

Complete map overhaul.

Seperate maps made for different time settings with the infection. Say we decide to have a lore jump of 20 years into the future, then we use the map that's made to look like 20 years in the future. Complete vegetation everywhere. 

New buildings, towns, cities, and military areas. There's a lot of open space outside the map. 

Also underground facilities would be cool. Maybe an underground research center with working machines that can be discovered by a medical group, and they can use it to RP them trying to find a cure down there. 

Utes would be cool to have far off the coast as well. Once planes, helicopters, and boats are added, Utes would be a great spot for a hostile group to base their operations. Imagine an invasion of Utes to drive a hostile group out. Great RP.

Also I would like to see real torture mechanics. Cutting off a persons limb actually cuts off their limb. It would actually give consequences to torture, and eliminate awkward pauses while you try to type out an emote of the torture. 

Would it be possible to make it so your character model is permanent?
Ie. every time you spawn you'll be the right model. Would that be possible to set up in the launcher?

More character models ?