Server time: 2017-10-24, 07:27
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Guest A_Pesky_Alien

Bio and Journal (Feedback wanted!)

Guest A_Pesky_Alien   
Guest A_Pesky_Alien

( I want to start off by saying a couple of things. The first is, I thought I would do something different with this character than I have done on every other game I've roleplayed on, and that is he is based almost entirely on myself. I tried to make him as realistic as possible, and while I didn't entirely want to make "Oh boy, another Soldier" it's what I know best, and what I enjoy doing. The second is, I'd like some feedback! I've written bios before, but it's never been my strongsuit. This is also the first time I've written a journal before. Thats all, please enjoy, and if you have any tips, feel free to let me know! Thanks! )

Name: Jason McKnight

Height: 5'11"

Weight: 174

Service: United States Army

Bio:

Jason was born to a pair of loving, if strict, parents. His father was harsh when he needed to be, but otherwise very much encouraged Jason to do whatever made him happy. His mother was a very rule oriented woman. He typically had no problems following the rules, and only got in trouble when it came to doing his schoolwork. He hated it.

While growing up, he very quickly became attached to all things military, the initial interest sparking from plastic Army Men, and his fathers books. His father was happy provide Jason with all the books and war movies he could want. From all of this, Jason developed a deep respect for every military man and woman.

As he grew even older, and people began to ask him what he wanted to do with his life, he could answer confidently. He knew down to his very core that his only goal in life was to become a Soldier. It was no surprise to anyone when he said he had enlisted with the Army. His mother took it hard, even though she knew it was going to happen one day. Jason's parents, nevertheless, supported him fully as he went off to follow his heart.

Journal Entry 1: October 13th, 2013.

So here I am. First deployment, only months after getting to my first real unit after training. Have to say, it's alot more boring than I had been expecting, but at least I don't have to worry about much.

Journal Entry 2: November 27th, 2013.

Might as well keep doing this, I guess. It gives me something to do while sitting around at work. My Squad Leader is fine with it. Nothing new to write in today though, just the same old thing every day. My books finally arrived in the mail, and I've been reading and re-reading them daily.

Journal Entry 3: December 4th, 2013.

As a whole, the job is alright. Certainly can't complain, at least I'm not some infantry guy kicking in doors. I just wish there was more to do sometimes. It's too much sitting around and waiting. We have drills everynow and then, but that's about the most excitement we get for now.

Journal Entry 4: May 12th, 2014.

I have been dubbed "Zombie Boy" by some of the others, due to my fascination with the Undead. I carry the "Zombie Survival Guide" book around with me everywhere. Of course it's all nonsense, but it's a fun read.

Journal Entry 5: July 16th, 2014.

Finally going home. Just another two weeks. I can't wait. Then we get to go on Leave soon after.

Journal Entry 6: August 27th, 2014.

The family threw me a huge welcome home party. Made the whole thing worth it. The whole family too, all my aunts, uncles, cousins, and even half the neighborhood.

Journal Entry 7: September 28th, 2014.

Something big is going down over in Chernarus. We just got back from Leave, and already the unit is packing up to go out again. I knew some people had been sent there before to help deal with some civil wars, maybe they're having another one? I haven't seen anything about it in the news.

Journal Entry 8: September 29th, 2014.

Seems to me like there is a full-on media blackout of Chernarus, I've tried doing some research on it but I can't find any recent news at all. I don't like the looks of this. It certainly doesn't help that our briefing about this deployment is just as vague. Another relief mission. If that is so, why is our unit being sent? I have a terrible feeling about this. They wouldn't send us unless there was an absolute need for manpower.

Journal Entry 9: October 3rd, 2014.

They all called me Paranoid. Nobody believed me or my suspicions about what was truly going on here. I'm glad I decided to bring along that survival guide. Who knows, it may actually come in handy.

Journal Entry 10: October 4th, 2014.

I'm sure this country was beautiful once, but now it looks like hell on earth. Scorched fields, bodies, brass, blood and guts everywhere. Not what I had in mind when I signed up. Sure I knew it was a possibility to see Combat...but this is something else.

Journal Entry 11: October 5th, 2014.

We have to wear our gasmasks everywhere we go, until they decide it's all clear and theres nothing in the air. I can't stand wearing this thing all the time, but I guess better safe than sorry.

Journal Entry 12: October 6th, 2014.

Bodies. Nothing but bodies. So far we've passed through areas that have been deemed "cleared" all that's all we've seen. Bodies, blood, guts, and empty brass. The thing is, alot of the bodies look like they were just abandoned there, like those responsible either didn't have the time or the care to move and bury them. They're just scattered about the streets, hanging from windows...everywhere. Alot of them are...missing peices too, like they've been eaten. This isn't right. We shouldn't be here.

Journal Entry 13: October 6th, 2014. During the Night.

We've set up a checkpoint in one of the mountain passes. This has "Bad idea" written all over it. We set up a defensive line, and have plenty of ammo...but I don't see us making it out of this if my suspicions are true.

Journal Entry 14: October 7th, 2014.

We've been taking shifts on watch. While we haven't been told what we are watching for, we all know. The problem is, we don't know how many to expect. We've been losing contact with other units frequently...I'm hoping against all evidence and reason that this thing is contained, but they won't tell us anything about the outside world anymore.

Journal Entry 15: October 7th, 2014. During the Night.

There it is. The moans on the wind. I knew it. I just knew it. There is no way in hell a living being made that sound. We're lining up at our positions now...I don't think we have the ammo for this.

Journal Entry 16: October 8th, 2014.

Saw one today. Just one, at first. Of course our orders were to see if we could provide any assistance. A couple of us hopped the barrier to try to get close enough to get his attention, despite my protests. Orders are orders. He went hostile as soon as he spotted us. He just started sprinting. We didn't expect that, he was just feet away when we put him down. I managed to get a good look at him, not that I wanted to. His eyes burned liked the fires of Hell itself, and his skin...gray...rotting...soaked in blood. I'll never get that image out of my head.

Journal Entry 17: October 9th, 2014.

More showed up today. What that single one was doing way out here by himself I have no idea. Can they sense the living somehow? Or maybe it just smelled us? We weren't making any noise, not until we put him down. That's what drew the rest of them in. This time, they flooded out of the woods. Far too many to count, and certainly too many to hold off, but we have to try. If I don'*--(It looks as though the writer scrawled off the last letter in a hurry.)

Journal Entry 18: October 9th, 2014.

I made it. Barely. In the middle of writing my last entry, somebody knocked over a canteen and the clatter it made got their attention. There's only four of us left. We managed to get out of the checkpoint just before it was overrun, and found a path up the mountain that was almost too slippery for us. We are confident those things don't have the coordination to climb it. We're going to wait for them to clear off, then we're going to try to go back down to collect supplies. We need some kind of plan.

Journal Entry 21: October 9th, 2014.

That was a bad idea. While we managed to get our MREs, and ammo all back...the sights and smells of that place will haunt me forever. People I knew, close friends, drinking buddies...all devoured.

Journal Entry 22: October 12th, 2014.

Nightmares. In what little I've been able to sleep, all I get are nightmares. Sometimes it's images of home, choked with these things, othertimes I see our fight at the Checkpoint play out over and over. The screams and gunfire...the blood and smoke...I wake up in a cold sweat everytime. To make things worse, our supplies are dwindling. We all know that no help is coming. We have decided to make for shore and try to signal the Navy, ours, or anyone elses. It's not much of a chance, but we don't have any other options. Someone has to be out there, right?

Journal Entry 23: October 13th, 2014.

We decided to stick to the woods, as the infected don't seem to wander into them unless something draws them from the cities. We haven't seen any sign of any other living people either. I hope this infection hasn't spread back to the States.

Journal Entry 24: October 13th, 2014.

I think I'm going to have a nervous breakdown. I'm twitching at every little sound now, and I can barely sleep. The sound of those things is constantly on the wind...now I know what it feels like to be hunted. The only thing on my mind lately is home. This thing can't hit home. It just can't.

Journal Entry 25: October 14th, 2014.

We made it to the shoreline, but we can't see any ships of any kind out on the horizon. We need to figure something else out. We need food, water, and shelter. No kind of training can ever prepare you for something like this. Maybe if we're lucky, there are other survivors out there, ones willing to work with us. I have no doubts that we won't survive for long on our own. There are too many of those things. Maybe I can find a way home.

( Edit: Forgot to give credit where credit is due. I used this Timeline for the dates in the journal. )

Gullio1    0

Dang. This is pretty good. I like the episodic feel to it, but isn't leave for soldiers usually longer than two weeks?

Guest A_Pesky_Alien   
Guest A_Pesky_Alien

Dang. This is pretty good. I like the episodic feel to it, but isn't leave for soldiers usually longer than two weeks?

Yup! Fixing it now. I kept looking over this because I felt like I was missing something. Thanks!

Sign in to follow this