Server time (UTC): 2019-08-23, 10:08
Sign in to follow this  
King

Lore wipe?

Would you like to see a new lore wipe?   

125 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just thinking about this for a little bit of fresh rp. Haven't asked anybody about this so I just want to gauge an opinion. 

Edited by King

Yes, but it was over a year ago and it might be nice to spruce up rp. 

I like creativity. Just feels like we've regressed back to the same and I want something exciting. Fun. Something to keep me playing. 

At the moment it's more of the same

Nah. You're alright. 

It'd be fun but nah. After two weeks the same RP Will happen. I don't see the point. I'd rather have a lore progression (For example, 20 years ahead) rather than a reset.

How about....no lore, just let the server play out with nothing set in stone.

Lore sucks I've said it before please don't hate but it really really is not needed.

No

Well that's what I mean. Just something different 

We have modding now. 

The possibilities are literally endless. 

Why bother if we don't have lore masters? 

I would support a wipe after a full dayzrp mod comes out and the loremaster position gets reinstated though.

Rolle posted this a few months back. I don't know if this is still something that is scheduled to go ahead or not.

Never again.

The lore wipe didn't bring any of the changes people wanted it to. Everyone did the same shit all over again. I'm guilty of this, we all are. It didn't go how we expected it last time with 3 LMs, lore factions and months of planning, it wouldnt if we did it again without all of that prep work.

Just read the lore for the first time, people don't actually use or quote this in-game? It's basically you're in chernarus and there's zombies now..

delete lore poll please

Edited by Jerry

Said it once before, will say it again.

Lore advancement, not lore wipe.

The last lore wipe did nothing, people play the exact same way with, in some cases, the exact same groups and characters.

Instead, give people reason to get invested in what you've already got. Resetting the slate and hoping something eventually sticks just ain't it.

I could see (with base building) perhaps a time jump by a few years, where everything is rarer and trading becomes much more viable and important, but that's just one idea.

We don't need to wipe the lore. It is fine how it is, the one thing that needs to be done is progression. We need to get the lore to progress from its current state. This would be better than a lore wipe.

4 minutes ago, Cipher said:

Said it once before, will say it again.

Lore advancement, not lore wipe.

The last lore wipe did nothing, people play the exact same way with, in some cases, the exact same groups and characters.

Instead, give people reason to get invested in what you've already got. Resetting the slate and hoping something eventually sticks just ain't it.

I could see (with base building) perhaps a time jump by a few years, where everything is rarer and trading becomes much more viable and important, but that's just one idea.

+1

Maybe RP is stale because everyone is chilling in the same town. Noone was calling for lorewipe 2 weeks ago when people were hailing the progression and fun RP?

1 week into Grishino and chill (and I emphasise the "chill") , and we are pushing threads like this, with nearly  over 30% asking for a wip,e and the most of the rest agreeing RP is getting stale?!?!

I actually made a bet with a few guys that it would take at least a month... guess I was wrong *shrugs* 

-1 as you buggers keep trying to treat the symptoms rather than the disease... 

Edited by The Traveler

This is just an opinion based survey, 

I just want a gauge of what people are feeling. 

Edited by King

12 minutes ago, Jerry said:

Just read the lore for the first time, people don't actually use or quote this in-game? It's basically you're in chernarus and there's zombies now..

delete lore poll please

You're wrong. 

People who actually are confident with the lore and have characters dating back quite a while will reference The Lore. Just because you don't reference it doesn't mean others don't. 

I know my character does it all the time anyway. 

Edited by Beni

2 minutes ago, Beni said:

You're wrong. 

People who actually are confident with the lore and have characters dating back quite a while will reference The Lore. Just because you don't reference it doesn't mean others don't. 

Well my character has his own lore to why he is in Chernarus, the server lore has fuck all to do with him. (my character isn't from chernarus though if he was obviously id have to use the lore)

Edited by Jerry

Just now, Jerry said:

Well my character has his own lore to why he is in Chernarus, the server lore has fuck all to do with him.

Pretty sure every character will have their own story of why they are in the country... 

Just now, Jerry said:

Well my character has his own lore to why he is in Chernarus, the server lore has fuck all to do with him.

On topic please. 

Just now, Beni said:

Pretty sure every character will have their own story of why they are in the country... 

Most people are RPing characters born in chernarus though, I've met a good few people in my first few times playing, only one guy wasn't from chernarus, pretty boring to be fair.

6 minutes ago, Jerry said:

Most people are RPing characters born in chernarus though, I've met a good few people in my first few times playing, only one guy wasn't from chernarus, pretty boring to be fair.

>in chernarus

>why so many chernarussians

I don't think it's about basing your characters lore on the server lore, since you are correct in stating that it primarily relates to Chernarus.

There are however key events that all should know, like the UN Intervention and involvement of Russian Forces.

A lore wipe is a bit radical. Give us some new material in line with the current lore and I think everyone will be content

1 minute ago, Ducky said:

>in chernarus

>why so many chernarussians

I don't think it's about basing your characters lore on the server lore, since you are correct in stating that it primarily relates to Chernarus.

There are however key events that all should know, like the UN Intervention and involvement of Russian Forces.

I feel like the chernarussians would be fleeing the country at any chance they got, or they are all dead to the outbreak. That was the first thought that came to my mind, the lore kinda adds restrictions in a way, I know it was added to give people a storyline for their characters and a bit of sense to whats going on but I've read countless times how the lore hits a "wall" and just stops going anywhere, no matter what it will go STALE there's nothing you can do. 

Right now the 'lore' is just dreamed up, heres the story blah blah. Its getting old now talking about "mod days" or whatever, but seriously we didn't need to have set lore and the RP was so fucking good compared to now.

18 minutes ago, Jerry said:

I feel like the chernarussians would be fleeing the country at any chance they got, or they are all dead to the outbreak. That was the first thought that came to my mind, the lore kinda adds restrictions in a way, I know it was added to give people a storyline for their characters and a bit of sense to whats going on but I've read countless times how the lore hits a "wall" and just stops going anywhere, no matter what it will go STALE there's nothing you can do. 

South Zagoria is only one reigion of Chernarus. If your character wants to leave to one of the other provinces they can at any stage. If you're in South Zagoria thats by choice.

As for lore adding restrictions? Hardly. It gives some depth to the country you are in, should you choose to roleplay from here. Otherwise it gives rough guidelines so you can stay true to the world created. It doesnt take much and the lore doesnt have to be greatly in depth, similar to as is now, but it is still needed for that rough guideline. 

As for lore not going anywhere, well first we dont have loremaster to progress that anymore so its more down to the playerbase. If shit is stale, thats the players issue and its up to them to come up with something creative. Its not the lores fault if people cannot do that, which in many cases they can. 

18 minutes ago, Jerry said:

Right now the 'lore' is just dreamed up, heres the story blah blah. Its getting old now talking about "mod days" or whatever, but seriously we didn't need to have set lore and the RP was so fucking good compared to now.

RP was great 2 years ago, RP was great 3 years ago, 4 years ago, however many years ago. It doesnt bloody matter mate, times changed. Be creative, enjoy what you have and try to offer the best rp you can rather than saying that shit that dont matter. 

As for lore wipe, nah. Progession ahead 10/20 years fuck yeah. That could create some really interesting storylines and groups. And it kinda fits into the look in game atm 

Edited by Oisin