Jump to content

Server time (UTC): 2021-09-20 20:00

2 70 player servers


Guest

Recommended Posts

The server cannot handle 100 players concurrent or even 90. Here is your proof.

Make it like how it used to be with two servers, 1 EU and 1 US, 70 slots, instead of the shit we've got now.

Edited by Guest
Link to comment
  • Legend

Cipher is quite right, even on the not pvp side of things I've put 4-5 sounds into zombies without them flinching. Bullet reg just gets absolutely screwy past a certain point and it feels like the server thinks you don't have direct line of sight on a target when you do, so you see yourself hitting your target numerous times to no avail. 

Link to comment
  • Emerald

I imagine that man was honestly wondering how he had not be been turned into red mist. Anyways, although I havnt seen anything on this scale personally I experience lag spikes and bad zombie hit detection on the daily, I was honestly starting to get used to it. I only hope by the time base building/persistent stashes are brought back in the devs will have isolated the cause of these issues, otherwise we are gonna be in for a world of lag if we stay with 100 player cap.

Link to comment
  • Diamond

The last I heard about this was that it's a pretty common issue in which the dev's are looking into fixing.

https://dayz.com/blog/status-report-9-october-2018

1950762340_Screenshot_20181030-175914_SamsungInternet.jpg.dc1432bb6c35f4c2b3a8c3788c871c3f.jpg

Link to comment
  • VIP
7 hours ago, Stradic said:

The last I heard about this was that it's a pretty common issue in which the dev's are looking into fixing.

https://dayz.com/blog/status-report-9-october-2018

Regardless, this issue seems magnified by more players. I've never had an issue with it when there are 60/70 people on.

Edited by PsiSyndicate
Link to comment
  • Sapphire

Can confirm that Grishino gets pretty fucking unplayable if the number of players reaches a certain point. People freezing, sliding around, rubber banding (which hasn't been an issue for a long time).

Wouldn't mind a return to old days of two servers, specially if one of them is US based and doesn't give me 200~300 ping constantly.

 

But keep in mind that hit reg is a known issue atm, with both humans and zombies. It just gets amplified by the number of players. But I doubt splitting the servers will fix much of these core issues with the game.

Edited by XieAngel
Link to comment
  • Server Manager

A US server is planned, soon. However, private servers have separate HIVEs, so your characters or items won't transfer between two servers.

Link to comment
30 minutes ago, Roland said:

A US server is planned, soon. However, private servers have separate HIVEs, so your characters or items won't transfer between two servers.

But how will I ghost people then? ?

Link to comment

It's going to be weird splitting into two servers because you'll never encounter US players on the EU servers vice versa.

Edited by JackZRP
Link to comment
  • MVP

Should not matter much due to time zone differences. I am sure US players would play on the EU server during its primetime and vice versa. Therefore it would not be splitting the player base; just simply giving the US players the ability to play more comfortably during their own peak hours.

Link to comment
  • Sapphire
4 minutes ago, JackZRP said:

It's going to be weird splitting into two servers because you'll never encounter US players on the EU servers vice versa.

Just play on the us time to time people are 100% gonna jump servers

Link to comment
  • Sapphire
15 minutes ago, JackZRP said:

It's going to be weird splitting into two servers because you'll never encounter US players on the EU servers vice versa.

Way back everyone would kind of intergrate based on who played on what and what groups played on s1 or s2, i can see something similar happening. 

S1 used to be far superior in my eyes for roleplay and we would pvp on s2 for good ping ?

Link to comment

Personally I’ve had one instance of hit reg fucking up and that was weeks ago. Seems fine imo

Link to comment
  • Sapphire
43 minutes ago, N-ToxRP said:

Personally I’ve had one instance of hit reg fucking up and that was weeks ago. Seems fine imo

It's bad for most people, in most cases. But it's more of a game issue that needs to be fixed by the devs than something related to our server.

Servers like Trump's Wall which are 120 player PVP fests are plagued by it because of the amount of people and shit going on. We're on the better side of the issues.

Link to comment
  • MVP
2 hours ago, N-ToxRP said:

Personally I’ve had one instance of hit reg fucking up and that was weeks ago. Seems fine imo

no, its fucking horrible took me 2 clips to kill a zombie and I shot someone yesterday like 7 times and they didn't drop shit is fucked once it goes past 80 players.

Link to comment

I barely receive lag spikes but I get fps stutters quite alot which could and almost is 100% on my end but I have come across zombies that look and feel like I'm shooting the call of duty zombies on round 100.. i don't think different timezones are going to matter as people will just flock to the most popular server

Link to comment
  • Sapphire
8 hours ago, Roland said:

A US server is planned, soon. However, private servers have separate HIVEs, so your characters or items won't transfer between two servers.

US SERVERRRRRRRRRRRR. Hell ya. 

 

+2 Cipher I enjoy this idea. 

Link to comment
  • Diamond

I don't think the server population should be split yet. It would have to wait until one HIVE will work on both servers. Then this would need to be addressed at that time. I've had some problems when the server gets close to full but not many. 

Link to comment
  • MVP

Playing on 2 servers with different characters would be really interesting. I agree I've also had problems with the lag on the server and it's getting annoying but the staff is trying to fix it as fast we can. Splitting into 2 differently servers with 70 as the maximum population wouldn't fix it I believe as when we had 2 different servers in the past people just went on the first one anyway even if it was full since there were people on it

Link to comment
  • Diamond
11 hours ago, Roland said:

A US server is planned, soon. However, private servers have separate HIVEs, so your characters or items won't transfer between two servers.

What? Why is that? It’s never been that way. 

Link to comment
  • Emerald
56 minutes ago, lukaszxe said:

Playing on 2 servers with different characters would be really interesting. I agree I've also had problems with the lag on the server and it's getting annoying but the staff is trying to fix it as fast we can. Splitting into 2 differently servers with 70 as the maximum population wouldn't fix it I believe as when we had 2 different servers in the past people just went on the first one anyway even if it was full since there were people on it

Nah, When we had two servers people played on both. I know that some people had a preference but I don't think I've ever met anyone who straight up refused to play on the other server.

Link to comment
  • Diamond
3 hours ago, HenningRP said:

Nah, When we had two servers people played on both. I know that some people had a preference but I don't think I've ever met anyone who straight up refused to play on the other server.

I'll straight up refuse to play two different servers if they're on separate hives. Fuck that shit. Only way I would if it was different maps.

On another note, server cap should probably be 70. Quality is shot past that point.

Edited by Zero
Link to comment
  • Emerald
20 hours ago, Zero said:

I'll straight up refuse to play two different servers if they're on separate hives. Fuck that shit. Only way I would if it was different maps.

On another note, server cap should probably be 70. Quality is shot past that point.

Oh I agree, I don't understand why they have two HIVE's.

Link to comment
On 10/31/2018 at 5:44 AM, RebelRP said:

It may be laggy etc and the whole issue with the hitreg is something thats an issue across all servers, easiest way to prevent this is not spray your gun as shown in that clip but rather try to tap your enemies, works with zombies and players

Yep

Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...