Server time (UTC): 2021-09-25 02:29

Is killing someone who steals from you while knocked out rule play

Diamond

• Sapphire

Situation 

I fight a guy in grishino and his friend with an svd and ump steals almost all of my ammo for a mosin and ump. 

There is 4 of them only one has a gun out so I could have killed all of them but they continue to talk shit and lock me in a building until I say sorry for accusing them.

I did not pull the trigger because I am bound by shackles at the moment. 

Would this be ruleplay? I don’t know what is ans isn’t considered anymore from my vacation

• Emerald

I think in that situation, having the authority to make people produce evidence as to whether or not they took your stuff could lead to further hostilities for those guilty but it's definite rule-play if you just woke up and gatted them... imo.

Spoiler

However if you had have mowed us down, it would probably have been a report purely because we didn't take anything, it was the other dude sitting on the bench. ?

• Legend

In the past theft of belongings was considered a hostile action and granted you KoS, however just because you have the rights doesn't mean you should use them, so depending on the situation I could see the verdict going either way. 

• MVP
2 hours ago, keibancz said:

one of us took off your clothing and set it on the floor while you were on the ground

What would be IC-reason to strip some dude, you knocked out naked?

@Diamond I know it is not always possible but you could have initiated on them just to be on the save side and then beat the shit out of them for stealing your stuff. This ofc only works if there was some ammo of yours left and so on.

Edited by Ron
  • Emerald

Well if they initiated on you and it somehow ended in being knocked out, then sure it's just a robbery.

I's also a workable trick to rob someone blind without having to make them take all their clothes off. 
The bandits however MUST make sure you have a survivable situation.

They cannot knock you out and then let infected slaughter you. They must ensure you have a chance to live, otherwise it's just an execution that didn't need to happen.

• MVP

This is a complicated scenario due to it having multiple people involved. Someone stealing from you is a hostile act imo, but you would then have to identify the person that robbed you, be 100% sure that it is him and then think if the others are even in his group (dynamic/official) to even shoot at them. Even in the case of you being with only one other person, it would still be risky as reading the ruleplay verdict in regards to Sasha's actions, it seems to me that ruleplay has moved a bit from what it was originally supposed to be. What I think would be the best approach would be to tell him to get your stuff back and if he declines, I'd say shooting him is fair. Although keep in mind that staff can still pull a ruleplay verdict.

As to what you should do, I'd say don't shoot. Not because you would be in the wrong, but more because it's quite the risk especially thinking of the shekels you have spent. Personally, I don't even shoot at people that I am 99.9% sure I have KoS rights on, let alone in cases where it's debateable.

• MVP
1 minute ago, Dinkle said:

How does one actually get knocked out in 0.63?

Multiple circumstances such as hits to the head, extreme blood loss and so on. However for some reason it is not always certain and is just a random chance.

3 minutes ago, Dinkle said:

How does one actually get knocked out in 0.63?

Alot of punching. xD and kicking and tom-foolery. It happens alot in Grish. <_< Over things like making fun of someone's mother.. Or shoes... etc. 

You used to straight up die as I recall - but no! you can definitely knock people uncon now too.

Edited by Bounty
  • Sapphire
5 hours ago, Kordruga said:

I think in that situation, having the authority to make people produce evidence as to whether or not they took your stuff could lead to further hostilities for those guilty but it's definite rule-play if you just woke up and gatted them... imo.

Hide contents

However if you had have mowed us down, it would probably have been a report purely because we didn't take anything, it was the other dude sitting on the bench. ?

Hahahaha all signs pointed to the girl, but in any case it’s good to know for the future 

Like Kenneth says. Yell hobo code and run. The crime is in getting caught

• MVP

should be allowed to straight up gas them I would have but the way things are now if there was a report it wouldn't of went in your favour.

• Developer

I'd say a better solution would be to initiate if you can. No need to jump 100 mph in escalation of violence. Though theft like that is a hostile action soooooo. I guess you have kill rights lol. Whether or not that is rule play or not is debatable. 

• MVP

Not really. If you had a fist fight or something then people will hobo code you if you’re the loser. It’s one of those “you’re unworthy of this” situation unfortunately. Such as when you loot a dead person I suppose. 

4 hours ago, ShaneKOS said:

should be allowed to straight up gas them I would have but the way things are now if there was a report it wouldn't of went in your favour.

I agree.

It's still a robbery, even though you're knocked out.  The only difference being is they are not verbally initiating on you, so you do not have the chance to defend yourself.

I'd like to see a bit more of an official statement or some sort of guidelines so we can take out the guessing game when it involves being robbed while unconscious.  Since most initiations now are robberies, it should be treated as such, since it allows people to perform hostile actions on others without repercussions. 

• Legend

In my opinion if someone steals from you while you're knocked out, you have KoS rights on them as they committed a hostile action toward you. Just make sure you don't misID.

• MVP

@Roland clarification pls

• Emerald
8 minutes ago, Sleepyhead said:

Just make sure you don't misID.

How can you ID a person who took your stuff if you're unconcious?

Sure you can somehow ID (or not) who knocked you out. But from that point until you wake up all information is void.

• Sapphire

I think its logical to assume that kos rights would be gained

2 minutes ago, Osaka said:

Sure you can somehow ID (or not) who knocked you out. But from that point until you wake up all information is void.

Easy.  You check your inventory for anything missing.  If something specific is missing (such as your weapon) and you see someone who, previously did not have that weapon, it's pretty safe to say they stole it from you.  Or, they'll brag they stole it.

Example:

• Sapphire
10 minutes ago, Osaka said:

Witnesses, the person that knocked you out, guess work, etc.
Plenty of ways. All depends on the circumstances.

And yes, it's a hostile action and as such KOS rights are granted. Whether you should immedietely use them is a different matter and again, depends on other circumstances.

Edited by Sasha
  • Legend
Just now, Sasha said:

Witnesses, the person that knocked you out, guess work, etc.
Plenty of ways. All depends on the circumstances.

Yup, this pretty much. If you genuinely can't tell, then don't shoot anyone. Just because you have KoS rights doesn't always mean you should or need to use them. Simple.