Jump to content

Server time (UTC): 2021-09-25 11:39

New fire station and train stop


Felix Corten

Recommended Posts

Happy to see that they are revamping certain buildings.  Some structures just were too plain and simple.  However, from a survival/RP aspect, I wish they would finish with some of the mechanics of the game first before making things prettier, as I always thought the game looked just fine.  I'd like to see sickness re-implemented, along with emotes/animations and fixing keybinds.  

Make it playable, then worry about the looks. 

Link to comment
1 minute ago, Vytis said:

Happy to see that they are revamping certain buildings.  Some structures just were too plain and simple.  However, from a survival/RP aspect, I wish they would finish with some of the mechanics of the game first before making things prettier, as I always thought the game looked just fine.  I'd like to see sickness re-implemented, along with emotes/animations and fixing keybinds.  

Make it playable, then worry about the looks. 

I fink thay can do both things at the same time coz at the end of the day the people that are working on models for the game are not working on the code so it's not like this a priority but if you get people in the team that can do this and just do this then why not to let them model in improve this side of the game.

if you ask me the dayz team doing right now a very good job on making this game whay it need to be

Link to comment
10 minutes ago, Felix Corten said:

I fink thay can do both things at the same time coz at the end of the day the people that are working on models for the game are not working on the code so it's not like this a priority but if you get people in the team that can do this and just do this then why not to let them model in improve this side of the game.

if you ask me the dayz team doing right now a very good job on making this game whay it need to be

True.  They have a team dedicated to certain aspects of the game.  I just wish I'd see more of those mechanics put in sooner than later.

I think they are doing a great job trying to actually improve the game.  It just sucks it's been taking this long.  Once it's done though I think there'll be nothing like it. 

Link to comment
2 minutes ago, Vytis said:

True.  They have a team dedicated to certain aspects of the game.  I just wish I'd see more of those mechanics put in sooner than later.

I think they are doing a great job trying to actually improve the game.  It just sucks it's been taking this long.  Once it's done though I think there'll be nothing like it. 

Also finding 3D modlers is much more simple then finding good programmers and 3d animators

Edited by Felix Corten
Link to comment

This is definitely a very cool thing but I agree with @Vytis that they should first focus on the core mechanics which are "better" but still need alot of polishing. Take the ladder animations for example. It took they dev team about six months to work on this aspect of the game. While it is much better, there has been a glaring bug where if you climb a smoke stack ladder you can be launched into the air and throw quite a distance to your death.

In the last status report they mention that alot of the content from .62 will not make it into 1.0. This content includes throwing items, alot of weapons (which included my beloved winchester), and alot of other things which is very endearing to us Roleplayers.

The new firehouse/railway buildings would be new "features".  They need to focus. But if they can do all of this in a parallel dev cycle I would love it.

Edited by Ansolari
typos as usual
Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...