Server time (UTC): 2021-09-24 06:10

Events! - Ideas to bring together the community

Bounty

For a while I played on a server that made a point of conducting fun events for the whole of the community - These events offered special rewards for people that signed up and got involved, as well a specifically dressed / volunteer group that were in-charge of making sure the people involved followed rules during whichever event. ( Refs were not to be shot during event and usually took high positions to observe it as it unfolded. )  The server would be temporarily closed off ( password changed ) for the 1-2 hour period and streamers were invited to take the mod/volunteer/ref roles so that people who decide they'd rather spectate can see the action and cheer for a team.  There'd be a server event announcement a week prior, rules and guidelines would be laid out and people were instructed to make teams with a specific PID.  

An Example of an event Idea would be like so: King of the Hill! All teams required to post the members of their team, their selected uniform / armbands : Location Green Mountain - All teams must meet with a ref in a city location prior to pushing the hill and before the timer begins. Each team can have a minimum of 5 fighters and a maximum of 10.. You have  1 hour to move your team to the top of Green mountain and hold the main building.. If fire fight is still taking place within main building after end game timer runs out - fight goes into overtime until one team / team member is left standing inside.. 

There were/would be certain restrictions like closed comms, first come first in ( teams were given a time limit to get their group together for the event, maximum of 8-10 teams allowed to be involved. ) and if you're caught stream sniping for a team, perpetrator or the team would be disqualified and members could no longer take part in a server event. Rewards ranged from Team-speak icons, to bragging rights, to official post for the winning team and group photograph and so on.. I feel like perhaps this type of event could work for DayZRP too.. Something outside of role-play, that encourages a bit of competition and participation! 

I'm not sure if this has been tried before, but I'm hoping it could be something we could do! 

( Please post up any event ideas you might have.. Best way to get something rolling is getting some feedback on it or proposing something to shake things up. There IS some listed events from the past, but I guess I'm trying to figure out why they might be rare atm. )

Edited by Bounty
  • Emerald

I wonder if @Roland would be able to set up another server on it's own hive that GMs and Admins could teleport people around and give them kits for these events. Could be fun

• MVP

Have an in-game drinking night, but instead of just drinking in-game you also drink IRL. at the end of the night everybody would be wasted roleplaying with each-other. idk could be fun.

7 minutes ago, Banshee said:

Have an in-game drinking night, but instead of just drinking in-game you also drink IRL. at the end of the night everybody would be wasted roleplaying with each-other. idk could be fun.

No way i'm going to sit inside my house in my room alone drinking until i'm drunk. Count me out if this ever happens lol - I can see how some people could find it fun though

Edited by JackZRP
  • MVP
Just now, JackZRP said:

No way i'm going to sit inside my house in my room alone drinking until i'm drink. Count me out if this ever happens lol

ok, i will.

• Diamond

We could have a Netflix and Chill night on TS.

I mean shit as long as it's roleplay events then fuck it lets go! ?

Wars between groups decided through small event chains (3-4 events, the winner of each one getting a small advantage in the next one) , murder mystery nights with group diplomatic twists. Zombie horde survival where groups have to begrudgingly put aside past greviences to kick the shit out of some undead. 

It's fun, and it pushes the lore forward. 

Tbh, bring back lore masters, have them just focus on cool , not too complicated events that are fun as shit and use staff tools ^_^ 

+ infinity from me 

• Sapphire
Spoiler

ROYALE

• Diamond

I'm down for some events, if I'm able to make it to them

• Diamond

Less PVP events, thank you. We already got enough of that, need more RP focused events. 

• Diamond
13 minutes ago, Zero said:

Less PVP events, thank you. We already got enough of that, need more RP focused events. 

Give the optimal pve event then 

• Emerald

I've not seen a Prison Break event in a long while. With that being said, since Kamenci don't like foreigners, they should be the ones acting as the warden and officers who imprison all the foreigners. This event could possibly help Kamenci develop group lore and give them more of a reason to capture foreigners (If they wanted to do that), but this could also help the community develop their characters and introduce them to Prison RP due to all the new players. 

Or this event could happen either way with different groups or introduce a new group with.

Just an idea, if anyone wants to expand, go ahead!

How about a Talent Show, hosted in Cherno xD People can sing, speak poetry, do a comedy act, tell a story... *coughs* Marco should sing for us... *coughs*  ( as far as PVE goes ) //

Or we could see about pestering Admins to do a Melee only battle royale event on the island.. lol No guns, spawned in swords and knight helmets.. Winner gets cool knightly TS tag? xD  ( PVP ) 

Some of these would be pretty simple to set up, some might take alot more work for Admins if they are keen on it.. Would just be nice to see some events once a month or so. 

Edited by Bounty
  • Diamond
39 minutes ago, Eagle said:

Give the optimal pve event then 

@Falk seemed to do well enough without turning it into the shootout at O.K. Corral. 

• Diamond
1 minute ago, Zero said:

@Falk seemed to do well enough without turning it into the shootout at O.K. Corral. 

Do what?