Server time: 2019-03-23, 23:39 WE ARE RECRUITING
The Nikitin Prodejna - Trade Post Event
TODAY | 2019-03-24 17:00:00 (server time) | Starts in 17 hours, 20 minutes
Brett

Rules Regarding Racism, Sexism, Homophobia, etc.

Just now, PsiSyndicate said:

At this point, I would actively avoid the group, yes. Too many shitty run ins. I do like development of "faction vs character" but since literally every situation has lead to my death, accidental or not (I think about 4 times now), I would rather avoid them to be perfectly honest.

It's more than 1 situation, I could name them all if you really want.

It doesn't really matter if you're run ins do not end up well in you're opinion, you should never actively avoid someone's or a whole groups roleplay, that is just a bit ridiculous to be honest.

Just now, Oisin said:

Right first off why don't you lads stop having a pissing contest. 

That's fair. I'm gonna chill out before I get banned and lose Amnesty.

Third time isn't the charm, he he...

Just now, Sylva said:

That's fair. I'm gonna chill out before I get banned and lose Amnesty.

Third time isn't the charm, he he...

Probably a smart idea mate :3

@PsiSyndicate  "b-b-but it's a serious roleplay server, for mature adults only"   I guess anyone who disagrees with you sounds like that. Reality is it's not against the rules and if you really do want these rules changed instead of arguing with community members why not PM a staff member or even the owner and see if you can have a chat with them? I can guarantee you arguing with community members will be a waste of your time.

Just now, Oisin said:

Right first off why don't you lads stop having a pissing contest. 

Anyways lad im not sure if you're aware but your character is currently in Chernarus, more specifically South Zagoria the dirt fucking poor region of the country. It's people are not educated and full of hatred. Hatred of Russians due to the civil war, some hatred towards foreigners as an excuse for 'ruining' a country that was already in a bad state. Hatred towards those of different races as yet another excuse. Most locals will rp out at least one of these. Like real life it is from either experience or as failure for ones own shortcomings. In other words people are ROLEPLAYING what would happen in real life in a dirt poor country with a bloody past and unaccepting culture. 

Yeah dude, I seen someone have an orange arm band, better call them a faggot! This man made me take his clothes off, better call him a faggot! Explain the epic roleplay in this clip:

I come from a pretty poor/shitty area IRL, but not everyone is racist and homophobic lol. Seems like everyone is that here (IC).

Nice, another hater who doesn't even know me. Yeah, join the sheep dude. But no, I have never been perm banned.

WhO DosEnT EVen KnOW Me

16-spongebob-explainer.w700.h700.jpg

I've been following you're youtube and twitch for a while, hell you're the reason why I found dayzrp back in 2016

But it's just funny how you come on here expecting people to cater to you're sensitivities when we have a clearly defined set of rules is kind of pathetic

Just now, Scar said:

@PsiSyndicate  "b-b-but it's a serious roleplay server, for mature adults only"   I guess anyone who disagrees with you sounds like that. Reality is it's not against the rules and if you really do want these rules changed instead of arguing with community members why not PM a staff member or even the owner and see if you can have a chat with them? I can guarantee you arguing with community members will be a waste of your time.

I enjoy talking to you guys, we're all having fun here. I get it won't get me anywhere, but ultimately, I'm talking just trying to understand, I'm learning!

Just now, Viking said:

WhO DosEnT EVen KnOW Me

16-spongebob-explainer.w700.h700.jpg

I've been following you're youtube and twitch for a while, hell you're the reason why I found dayzrp back in 2016

But it's just funny how you come on here expecting people to cater to you're sensitivities when we have a clearly defined set of rules is kind of pathetic

I don't expect people to cater to me, I'm expressing my opinion. I'm not even the person who made this thread, if so, sure, have that opinion.

2 minutes ago, Scar said:

PM a staff member or even the owner and see if you can have a chat with them?

uh oh.....

Spoiler
15 hours ago, Roland said:

Game is rated mature. Community members are recommended to be 18+ before joining. IC is IC, it's all role play. People who get offended OOC because of IC role play have a problem seperating the two, this usually manifests as increased sodium levels.

Sure, one can get angry when subjected to rule breaks or bad role play, but if one is getting good role play, but still get angry or offended because of what kind of character someone is playing or which derogatory words they use, that's not healthy.

Third party ToS like Twitch or YouTube are irrelevant to us, that's a problem of the content creator to comply with. My personal opinion is that if one can stream Mafia 3 which is full of racism, one can stream DayZRP.

With recent rule changes we have abandoned outright banning certain types of RP and instead focus on judging quality of RP in general. If you believe someone is overdoing their racist/homophobic role play or doing it in a trolly way, submit a report with a video and we'll take care of it. 

5 minutes ago, Shroud said:

It doesn't really matter if you're run ins do not end up well in you're opinion, you should never actively avoid someone's or a whole groups roleplay, that is just a bit ridiculous to be honest.

I mean yeah, 4 run ins, 4 deaths, 1 accidentally, one swarmed by 4 groups, 1 KoS'd even though RP could occur, 1 no value for hostage (not that you even need to give this). I will run across you guys again, I'm sure, just saying how I feel.

2 minutes ago, PsiSyndicate said:

Yeah dude, I seen someone have an orange arm band, better call them a faggot! This man made me take his clothes off, better call him a faggot! Explain the epic roleplay in this clip:

I come from a pretty poor/shitty area IRL, but not everyone is racist and homophobic lol. Seems like everyone is that here (IC).

Well first off, it seems like the guy calling him a faggot is trying to get a reaction from him. Which could lead to more hostilities between the character, or the guy being called a faggot (clearly not liking it) could always round up some lads to deal with it. I just see roleplay opportunities there to be honest. 

And you may come from a shitty area but your country didnt have a brutal civil war with war crimes being committed left right and centre. 

Just now, Oisin said:

Well first off, it seems like the guy calling him a faggot is trying to get a reaction from him. Which could lead to more hostilities between the character, or the guy being called a faggot (clearly not liking it) could always round up some lads to deal with it. I just see roleplay opportunities there to be honest. 

And you may come from a shitty area but your country didnt have a brutal civil war with war crimes being committed left right and centre. 

I guess we will agree to disagree. Ah well, thanks for the talk fellers.

I guess we will agree to disagree. Ah well, thanks for the talk fellers.

Any time.

4 minutes ago, PsiSyndicate said:

I mean yeah, 4 run ins, 4 deaths, 1 accidentally, one swarmed by 4 groups, 1 KoS'd even though RP could occur, 1 no value for hostage (not that you even need to give this). I will run across you guys again, I'm sure, just saying how I feel.

Just to clarify - is the problem with him calling you a faggot? Would it have been okay if he called you an asshole or fuckface or something? 

Or is it just because we need to cater to your sensitivities regarding homosexuality? 

EDIT: Honest question here because I might be misunderstanding where you and the thread OP are coming from.

Edited by Sylva

2 minutes ago, Sylva said:

Just to clarify - is the problem with him calling you a faggot? Would it have been okay if he called you an asshole or fuckface or something? 

Or is it just because we need to cater to your sensitivities regarding homosexuality? 

You do you, we live in a world of snowflakes, if DayZRP wants to be THAT community full of IC racism and homophobic statements, that's fine. But yes, I don't enjoy being called a faggot IC or OOC.

Edited by PsiSyndicate

3 minutes ago, PsiSyndicate said:

You do you, we live in a world of snowflakes, if DayZRP wants to be THAT community full of IC racism and homophobic statements, that's fine. But yes, I don't enjoy being called a faggot IC or OOC.

I don't enjoy it when people call me an asshole in real life. But I'm a big boy, and I can solve my problems by myself, without having society impose rules on how other people can behave. If you don't like being called an asshole, the solution is to say "Hey, fuckhead, stop calling me an asshole," not running to the mommy, daddy, or whoever makes the rules and crying about it.

Grow up.

9 minutes ago, PsiSyndicate said:

That community?

So the one that is mature enough to deal with that shit and not let it affect their attitude and not take IC things OOC'ly?

Honestly I think I'd like that kind of statement for this community

1 minute ago, Sylva said:

I don't enjoy it when people call me an asshole in real life. But I'm a big boy, and I can solve my problems by myself, without having society impose rules on how other people can behave. If you don't like being called an asshole, the solution is to say "Hey, fuckhead, stop calling me an asshole," not running to the mommy, daddy, or whoever makes the rules and crying about it.

Grow up.

Right, because having opinions about how a video game should be means I'm immature. May as well have had the first post, this post right here, and then /thread, right?

3 minutes ago, PsiSyndicate said:

Right, because having opinions about how a video game should be means I'm immature. May as well have had the first post, this post right here, and then /thread, right?

Rite so another question here.. 

Are you saying this shit shouldn't happen as Ur opinion? (Which is fine) 

Or..

Are you saying this shit shouldn't happen or be allowed? 

Server's got issues to sort out regarding the state of RP but this ain't one of em. 

There are some sources of content that just doesn't conform well to a livestreaming platform like Twitch. Perhaps roleplay servers where some words need to be censored is one of them.

Seems to be more of a technical challenge on how to best censor or avoid these kinds of situations to make it Twitch friendly/a decision on whether streamers should be the kind of people we are looking to attract versus those who create their content in post, a controlled environment.

1 minute ago, Oisin said:

Rite so another question here.. 

Are you saying this shit shouldn't happen as Ur opinion? (Which is fine) 

Or..

Are you saying this shit shouldn't happen or be allowed? 

I enjoy DayZRP thoroughly, without change, I cannot see myself playing on DayZRP in the long term. This thread is all about opinions on the matter, but yeah, in my opinion it shouldn't happen. I get why people think it should, don't get me wrong, but regardless of whether I did or didn't have the job I do, my fondest memories of DayZRP were prior to the rule change. Never did I wonder, "if I could be call this guy a faggot, wouldn't that be REALLY cool?" 

I don't expect shit to change, but I do like talking to people regarding the topic, it's an interesting one.

I didn't watch your stream so I'm just gonna ask you @PsiSyndicate, did you go Ooc at any point and tell people that this rp is making you uncomfortable? Like if it legit hurts s your feelings and considering the rdm I assume it did, people would probably stop if you told them. 

2 minutes ago, Grimnir said:

I didn't watch your stream so I'm just gonna ask you @PsiSyndicate, did you go Ooc at any point and tell people that this rp is making you uncomfortable? Like if it legit hurts s your feelings and considering the rdm I assume it did, people would probably stop if you told them. 

No, I'm sure I'll play on the server again and do this rather than being so emotionally driven.

Edited by PsiSyndicate

1 minute ago, PsiSyndicate said:

No, I'm sure I'll play on the server again and do this rather than being so emotional driven.

So isn't the problem solved with that? You can let people know you don't like it but other people can still engage in whatever rp they want without rules restricting them. 

I think it is better not to make rules about this. Anybody can say whatever he/she wants.

Sometimes people use funny expressions that I don't know, and they surprise me! XD!

Just now, Grimnir said:

So isn't the problem solved with that? You can let people know you don't like it but other people can still engage in whatever rp they want without rules restricting them. 

Not really, I still like I said remember DayZRP's roleplay to be better BEFORE everyone was calling each other fs and ns. I find it very jarring, edgy and forced. You can easily show distaste of even hatred without using those words.