Server time (UTC): 2021-09-20 20:25

Dayz Server Monetization Rules

Shanoby

• Sapphire

Made this thread cos I do believe, if I understand this correct, we might not be able to access bought clothes at some point ???

So I do believe there should be bigger WARNING banner in shop to notify customer about the Terms of Service. Maybe in here: https://www.dayzrp.com/shopguide/

https://www.bohemia.net/monetization

After reading this, I have few questions to @Roland

We consider this a test run and therefore permission is given for a limited time. It will expire on January 31st 2019. At that point, we will evaluate its effects on the community.

What will happen to the items that we buy from "Item Shop".

1) Do we get to keep those items we bought after said date and can continue to spawn them in or do we lose rights to do so?

2) Will others who did not buy said items will not be able to get access to this feature, whilst others who did can?

3) Should everyone get the right to spawn in clothes after said date?

I have brought this topic up before in inner circles and I was kinda confused... what if I buy clothes for 100 Euros and not might be able to spawn them in after that date. I would not be happy...

I kinda want to get this clarified to know if I should even consider buying said items.

Also if we lose all access after said date, maybe it should be brought out more on the item shop?

I also found this under our Premium "Terms and Conditions"

As such we cannot guarantee that the Premium perks that are listed at the time of the purchase will always be available or stay the same. Because of this you are hereby warned that all Premium perks are subject to availability and may be changed or removed without prior notice.

But it is kinda hidden away...

Again if I misunderstood something or this is common knowledge I do apologize and this thread might be /close-ed.

Edited by Shanoby
  • Server Manager

What if someone buys Tycoon today and DayZRP shuts down tomorrow?

There's dozen of such "what ifs" that have no answer until the thing you ask about actually happens.

The snippet from Premium terms of service basically answers your question. It works today, it may not work tomorrow. 

Buy on your own risk. 

• Sapphire
2 minutes ago, Roland said:

What if someone buys Tycoon today and DayZRP shuts down tomorrow?

There's dozen of such "what ifs" that have no answer until the thing you ask about actually happens.

The snippet from Premium terms of service basically answers your question. It works today, it may not work tomorrow. 

Buy on your own risk. 

That is fair... but then I do believe it should be pointed out in the shop as a big WARNING...

Lets say I am a new member who buys items on 30th on January 2019 and I spend like 100 Euros... all of a sudden... I get nothing out of it...

So all I am saying... people should be warned publicly about it to avoid drama and bad publicity in the future, do you not agree ?

• Server Manager

I do not agree, since those monetization policies for DayZ and ArmA3 have been in that time limited "testing" status for several years now and every time they are renewed and extended for another year. We have no reason to believe anything will change this year, therefore there's no need to spread uncertainty or panic amongst the users with a large warning. 

• Sapphire
3 minutes ago, Roland said:

I do not agree, since those monetization policies for DayZ and ArmA3 have been in that time limited "testing" status for several years now and every time they are renewed and extended for another year. We have no reason to believe anything will change this year, therefore there's no need to spread uncertainty or panic amongst the users with a large warning. 

So as I understand your response... "No... cos this will hurt my sales..."

Ok.. I mean that is just not cool in my eyes... but hey... your house your rules.

I lost some respect for you... sadly.

45 minutes ago, Roland said:

I agree for the most part. BI know they'd lose  out on a lot of foot traffic / an outcry if it was cancelled this year (especially with 1.0 for dayz around the corner, it would probably lose a lot of faith in the people still clinging to the game). So I completely get why we arn't putting a big warning on the store, I personally would of done the same. 

However, I think the issue here is now it LOOKS LIKE IT WAS (and I really do stress LOOKS LIKE IT WAS... not just " IT WAS") it was swept under the rug. Because you now got random concerned community member @Shanoby pointing this out to everyone like "Oh shit look what Rolle didn't tell us"... which I think is gonna cause more panic than  telling us out right ever was gonna :S 

I think your reasoning was clear as crystal, but the execution has caused this thread to emerge, it was bound to happen eventually :S  So honestly? Maybe now it's been made a public thread people can chill. Ya'll knew about it, you got that shit handled. 

We gucci ^_^ 10/10, would buy cowboy hat again

Edited by The Traveler
  • MVP
1 hour ago, Shanoby said:

Ok.. I mean that is just not cool in my eyes... but hey... your house your rules.

If that was your takeaway, you didn't listen to what he said, and injected what you wanted to hear into the conversation.

3 hours ago, Shanoby said:

Shanoby how about the skins i bought back in the mod? This is not a new thing. And i dont remember i was complaining about it. You cant expect everything to last forever. Especially in game items, you should know that before you buy them

Edited by Itsmez
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Sapphire

@Roland So I saw PsiSyn video and I do not care about most of the stuff he says... but in one point: timestamp 12:00

He talks about how the shop is not following the Bohemia Monetization rules and that they have apparenlty contacted the owner of DayZRP about it.

So the question stands then... what will happen with the shop?

Has it been resolved or did they give you timeframe to deal with it?

• Diamond

Not sure if thats legit, if contacted them or not. If he did hes salty for getting banned again. But if they have contact Rolle, i say he would of taken it down by now if they have contacted him.

Edited by Falk
13 minutes ago, Falk said:

Not sure if thats legit, if contacted them or not. If he did hes salty for getting banned again. But if they have contact Rolle, i say he would of taken it down by now if they have contacted him.

They definately are in contact, they allow him to monetize their game by hosting a server and gain donations from the playerbase, but I think an item shop like we have now is a bit too far.

Edited by Jerry
  • Diamond
8 minutes ago, Jerry said:

They definately are in contact, they allow him to monetize their game by hosting a server and gain donations from the playerbase.

That's for different reason

8 minutes ago, Jerry said:

But I think an item shop like we have now is a bit too far.

Well it's there for the people. Most of the gear is in game. So if you want to pay for it you can. I would jump on that as well if it was me. It's a great idea tbh. 

• Diamond
3 minutes ago, Falk said:

That's for different reason

Well it's there for the people. Most of the gear is in game. So if you want to pay for it you can. I would jump on that as well if it was me. It's a great idea tbh. 

I don’t mind donating some money here and there for the convienience of having the outfit I want. That was generally the whole concept for skins as well, though there was the exclusivity of most skins in the mid being donator only and unable to be found in game. 

I see it as donating to the server that I enjoy playing on more then getting any sort of edge over others or getting things quicker. 

It is slightly worrisome that the monitization rules may change and we may be stuck with nothing to show once more

Edited by Hex
  • Server Manager

We're in contact with Bohemia, so far they haven't been able to explain exactly how we're breaking against the monetization rules we were approved for more than "it's bad". We're awaiting their response, until then the shop will remain open. 

• Diamond

Only reason I could see how the shop breaks the rules is because it might give players a little bit of an advantage because of extra inventory space, from what I understand that is why there can’t be premium shops in Arma 3 that give access to special vehicles that others can’t access. 

But regardless..

I’m personally fine if the shop had to be shut down despite me having spent almost €60. I spent money on the shop because it supports the community, the bonus is it makes my life a little bit easier when RPing.

3 hours ago, Zero said:

Only reason I could see how the shop breaks the rules is because it might give players a little bit of an advantage because of extra inventory space, from what I understand that is why there can’t be premium shops in Arma 3 that give access to special vehicles that others can’t access. 

But regardless..

I’m personally fine if the shop had to be shut down despite me having spent almost €60. I spent money on the shop because it supports the community, the bonus is it makes my life a little bit easier when RPing.

Lmao you’d be happy if you spent €60 on stuff that you can’t keep permanently? Each to their own I spose 

Edited by Ben
Un necessary
  • Sapphire
7 minutes ago, Kabe said:

I thought as long is just cosmetic items that dont give any advantage its fine? 

Well it sort of does give you an advantage in regards to the amount of items you can hold in the clothing. 

21 minutes ago, ZrMz_x said:

Well it sort of does give you an advantage in regards to the amount of items you can hold in the clothing. 

But its a roleplay server... The amount of stuff you can hold doesnt really affect the gameplay tbh 

• Sapphire
1 minute ago, Kabe said:

But its a roleplay server... The amount of stuff you can hold doesnt really affect the gameplay tbh 

That's not why Bohemia see nor the outside people of the community, if they allowed it here they would have to allow it for everyone.

9 hours ago, Roland said:

We're in contact with Bohemia, so far they haven't been able to explain exactly how we're breaking against the monetization rules we were approved for more than "it's bad". We're awaiting their response, until then the shop will remain open. 

dayzrp.png.ff9b8108618d9d4da8649e02f209814c.png

Hope it goes well dude, personally love my cowboy hat and rain coat ❤️ 

• Sapphire

Anyone who thinks buying a shirt that gives you a couple extra slots is a competitive advantage is... dumb. But i'm sure if worst comes to worst they can make every item in the item shop the same slots as the default clothes and it will be fine.

• Emerald
1 hour ago, Scar said:

Anyone who thinks buying a shirt that gives you a couple extra slots is a competitive advantage is... dumb. But i'm sure if worst comes to worst they can make every item in the item shop the same slots as the default clothes and it will be fine.

Also you can find way better clothing within five minutes after spawning in.
The shop items aren't OP at all.