Server time (UTC): 2021-09-25 04:32

Increase plate carrier attachment spawns?

Hex

• Diamond

So it’s pretty hard to deny that the plate carrier is one of the best pieces of protection you can have in game currently. With the Introduction if weight and sprint endurance with .63, the plate carrier has one of the hardest trade offs in the game. Do you want more protection at the cost of halving your endurance? Do you go without the protection for a longer sprint time? The potential for different roles in groups due to this alone is wonderful, having dedicated scouts, hard hitting close quarters fighters and light weight snipers. However, there is precious middle ground in terms of protection, it’s either all or nothing to be frank. 

The plate carrier has two attachments for it, Being the pouches and the pistol holster, needless to say they have such a low spawn rate that I have yet to see them in.63 or they are just not in the game currently. Should they be in game, I highly suggest we increase the spawn rate for said items, however it would not be without inherit risk to balance. As it stands the plate carrier is amazing but offers no carry capacity, making it an important trade off and allowing others to outrun you should you not plan your load out properly. Chances are if a player is usIng a plate carrier, they are not running a large backpack so they are already limited on space. The additional slots and pistol slot the attachments give could lesson the impact of the downsides. But In doing this we risk making the plate carrier too good and the best in slot item to have for everyone ( unless you prefer the style of another as opposed to its effectiveness )

Along with this we have the vest alone nearly halving your endurance with its weight alone meaning even with the addition  of pouches, you would not be loaded more then someone with a bag and a light weight carry rig like the assault vest. You may say that the press vest is the middle grong, but in terms of protection I have seen it’s performance fluctuate wildly from tanking 5-6 mosin shots to taking 1 shot straight and ending the persons life. Without more testing and proper results, it’s pretty shit for the time being.

what do you think? Should we look into increasing the spawns for the plate carrier attachments?

The pouches as well as the pistol holster are currently not spawning naturally, admins only can spawn them in.

Hopefully soon they'll be added to the loot table, but when they do i hope they're rare.

90% of this suggestion was explaining why having attachments for the vest would border line turn it instantly into the best piece of protection in the game and, in turn, everyone would wear it... as it mitigates the downsides. 

So unless I am missing something all I am getting from this suggestion is "If we add X attachments to the vest, it becomes an OP piece of shit for anyone that cares about PvP efficiency that everyone will wear if we make them common,  but we should make x attachments more common anyway because lol why not?" 

Regardless Jack is right, not in atm and personally? Your post has convinced me that is a good thing, which I think was the oposite of what this suggestion was supposed to do.

When the attachments are added in, make em rare as shit because hex has just explained to us that they would be worn by everyone if they were common. 0_0

Edited by The Traveler
17 minutes ago, The Traveler said:

When the attachments are added in, make em rare as shit because hex has just explained to us that they would be worn by everyone if they were common. 0_0

12+ Kg and worn by everyone?

*Laughs in sprint*

1 minute ago, Aleksi-Baraszkov said:

*Laughs in sprint*

20 minutes ago, The Traveler said:

I never said he was right ? 

• Diamond

So as someone who has/does wear a fully loaded plate carrier and a pack loaded with all sorts of bullshit, I can tell you it’s not fun nor realistic to run for very long with all that weight.

but no, I don’t fully believe the plate carrier is or will become the best item because stamina derversifies the needs of players. No longer does weight not matter, players have to take into account what they need to do. One loadout will rarely suit all situations perfectly as it used to in the past. The vest itself still weighs a fuck load and half’s your endurance, adding pouches and a pistol to it will only lower it further. Just because it’s the best protection doesn’t mean it will be the best for those who value carry weight and run distance as opposed to protection ina firefight. 

As with the modern military, mobility and not being hit in he first place will always trump full protection. That’s why we don’t have bullet proof juggernauts running around on today’s battlefields, because it’s not practical. If you don’t get shot, you don’t need the protection.

• Emerald
2 hours ago, Aleksi-Baraszkov said:

*Laughs in sprint*

You see my friend, we will be fine.

Please all use platecarries 2 guns and max amount of ammo and magazines! thanks

• Sapphire
2 hours ago, Hex said:

As with the modern military, mobility and not being hit in he first place will always trump full protection. That’s why we don’t have bullet proof juggernauts running around on today’s battlefields, because it’s not practical. If you don’t get shot, you don’t need the protection.

Try being in the Infantry for a day ?

Full combat load is about ~110 lbs of equipment. And that's wearing my plate carrier, not my IOTV. And nobody can outrun bullets, it doesn't matter how much you are carrying. That being said, this is why the Army makes us run two miles on the PT test, right?

That being said I agree with you - more attachments should spawn, but the ceramic plates inside the plate carrier should also spawn separately. Realistically, you can easily (ish) swap a damaged plate for an undamaged one. This would also allow people to wear the plate carrier for the aesthetic instead of the protection.

• Diamond
Just now, Sylva said:

Full combat load is about ~110 lbs of equipment. And that's wearing my plate carrier, not my IOTV. And nobody can outrun bullets, it doesn't matter how much you are carrying. That being said, this is why the Army makes us run two miles on the PT test, right?

That being said I agree with you - more attachments should spawn, but the ceramic plates inside the plate carrier should also spawn separately. Realistically, you can easily (ish) swap a damaged plate for an undamaged one. This would also allow people to wear the plate carrier for the aesthetic instead of the protection.

I've done enough bullshit in the Marines to know. 

Its true that nobody can outrun bullets, but the military's doctrine is not to tank rounds, its to stay mobile with protection in vital area's should you be hit. The plates would be a valid idea and they had planned to do that, but it was just another thing they forgot about when they were trying to fix their game for the past like 5 years. A standard plate can take some serious punishment though, with most if not all military grade plates designed around stopping the 7.62 caliber rounds.  

As for the asthetic of it, I'd fucking love a black plate carrier, the tan does not really go with much, or at least the stuff I find myself wearing. Hopefully modders will include some new vests and recolor old ones. 

Cheers to modders finishing the game for us.

5 minutes ago, Sylva said:

Would be nice if you could take the plates you don't need - like for example on your back, because...well, you're not planning on getting shot in the back.

• Diamond
Just now, DerrickStorm said:

Would be nice if you could take the plates you don't need - like for example on your back, because...well, you're not planning on getting shot in the back.

For sure. I'm certain this will be an option in the future and add another layer of immersion. Yeah you may find the plates but not the vest or vise-versa, do you carry those heavy ass plates around in your pack or do you leave em? It also adds items that have wear on them as you use them. Get shot enough and the plates stop working so you have to find new ones. gives players reasons to get out and look for stuff even after they have been alive for long periods of time.

• Sapphire
Just now, DerrickStorm said:

Unfortunately that would lead to a huge disparity in weight. The back of your neck would be chaffed to all hell because of how front heavy your plate carrier would be.

That being said, taking out side plates is a common practice. 

5 minutes ago, Sylva said:

Unfortunately that would lead to a huge disparity in weight. The back of your neck would be chaffed to all hell because of how front heavy your plate carrier would be.

That being said, taking out side plates is a common practice. 

Ah, allright. Sorry, I just remembered the scene from Black Hawk Down when they removed plates, just forgot which ones - so as you may already know I'm not an expert ?

5 minutes ago, Hex said:

For sure. I'm certain this will be an option in the future and add another layer of immersion. Yeah you may find the plates but not the vest or vise-versa, do you carry those heavy ass plates around in your pack or do you leave em? It also adds items that have wear on them as you use them. Get shot enough and the plates stop working so you have to find new ones. gives players reasons to get out and look for stuff even after they have been alive for long periods of time.

Interesting solution. It's always nice to go on those small questes "pimping out a rifle with attachmets" etc. But here we are, dreaming about that, when we have 7-9 guns in loottable ?

Edited by DerrickStorm
  • Sapphire

Personally, I'd be very willing to run a plate carrier as standard infantry, if... I could get my hands on pouches. I've been all over the place, and while the vests are indeed common, the pouches appear to be nowhere to be found. Some tests do show that the Ballistic Vest can take quite a beating before it stops protecting you. One of the videos I saw showed 5-6 shots from an AK before the person started to drop health. 

Of course that doesn't stop head-shots, but... Having something that could catch a round would be nice as opposed to getting absolutely shredded wearing just a tactical rig without any sort of protection.

All for increasing the spawns.

• Emerald

If they aren't currently spawning it would be a nice "thing" to have.

Personally I favor an Assualt Vest or High Cap, but to each their own.

I would suggest that were they to return to add them to the heli crash loot table as it was in the beginning. Plate Carriers and Attachments for Hueys. Smersh and Smerch Backpacks for Mi-8s.

2 hours ago, Razareth said:

If they aren't currently spawning it would be a nice "thing" to have.

Personally I favor an Assualt Vest or High Cap, but to each their own.

I would suggest that were they to return to add them to the heli crash loot table as it was in the beginning. Plate Carriers and Attachments for Hueys. Smersh and Smerch Backpacks for Mi-8s.

tenor.gif?itemid=5660268

Honestly best idea I've heard on the subject. You work for Fosters? Because that was a good call! ?