Server time: 2017-10-19, 14:54
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Skates

Testers

Skates    0

A certain group of carefully selected people who can have access to read and accept/deny applications for the whitelist. I feel this will free up the staff to deal with other important matters as they won't be bogged down with applications. Discuss.

Skates    0

Not a bad idea. Maybe someone with an editing backgroud.

Of course. People who understand the expectations and quality of people wanted in the server. People who can filter out the bad.

Meatlunk    0

I like this, but everyone has a different good or bad. I think it's good for now.

Perreh    0

Although I agree with different perspectives, it doesn't really change too much as what they look for is a solid story and sensible behaviour. I don't see people disagreeing about an application. I Personally wouldn't mind giving it a go! Think it'd be nice to see the audience before it enters the game.

Rolle    2942

Not going to happen, it's too big responsibility, even for GMs. That's why only admins review the apps.

Guest Cadan   
Guest Cadan

Must be a bitch for you, with the recent influx of people.

Meatlunk    0

Must be a bitch for you, with the recent influx of people.

I bet it hurts him everytime when he opens the whitelist.

Guest Kilgore   
Guest Kilgore

Keep up the good work!

Caesar    438

Imagine the painfulness of having a committee judge 280 applications each time, the amount of disagreement would destroy everyone's patience.

Even jobs limit the potential pool before some offer a committee interview with at most like 15 people.

Skates    0

Imagine the painfulness of having a committee judge 280 applications each time, the amount of disagreement would destroy everyone's patience.

Even jobs limit the potential pool before some offer a committee interview with at most like 15 people.

It's been done before on other RP servers I've been on. For example LS-RP. A very popular Roleplaying server for GTA SA-MP and it has almost 400 players on it at all times. Over a hundred people apply each day and the applications are FAR more complex than those of DayZRP. They have a carefully selected team of testers who can decline or accept applications. No discussion it's down to the decision of the tester.

Caesar    438

So basically what we have now but with more people to judge?

The admins will I am certain ask new people to help when and if they need them.

Over a hundred people apply each day and the applications are FAR more complex than those of DayZRP.

That's why extra testers aren't needed for DayZRP. If the admins think it is necessary, they will ask for it.