Server time (UTC): 2021-09-23 23:37

'Error creating enfusion engine"

Sylva

• Sapphire

image.png.ba2d890868e98b7e1da07435502877a0.png

Tried through both launcher and Steam. Reinstalling now to see if that works.

Edited by Sylva
  • Diamond

I had this problem, Its an issue to the graphics card from what i gathered when I had it

• Sapphire

1500th post, congrats. On another note how should I fix?

Update your drivers if you haven't already

• Diamond
9 hours ago, Sylva said:

1500th post, congrats. On another note how should I fix?

Saved it for the best.

Well, for starters.

• Update all your drivers.
  • Direct 12 
  • Get the windows update. (Perform clean installation of newest build of Windows 10) 
  • Roll back if already updated
  • Delete the DayZ folder in your Documents and let it regenerate the configs. I don't think reinstalling from Steam does this.
  • Double check in Steam to make sure you don't have any launch parameters set for DayZ. Those are no longer supported.
  1. You can update legacy DirectX with this

What seems to fix this the most if you roll back your windows. From feedback given from different sources.

before you try all this force start DayZ see  if that does anything 

report back if anything works and let me know so I can carry on  helping. 

I had a guide half made, but never found a correct solution for the issue, so if you can get something to fix this lets us know so we can help others  

• Sapphire

Negative, ghost rider. Appreciate the help but the fix was a complete computer reset. I’m thinking I may have had a virus or something or other.

I guess that girl on Camster had more than a nice pair to show me...

Edited by Sylva
That’s a joke, btw. Laugh.
  • Server Manager
4 hours ago, Sylva said:

Negative, ghost rider. Appreciate the help but the fix was a complete computer reset. I’m thinking I may have had a virus or something or other.

Haha

9 hours ago, Sylva said:

Hey dude, let me hook you up with an awesome arsenal that will keep you through any of the terrors of the apocalyptic world of the intranets.

First... You've heard of the LAWS, you've heard of the SAW, now get ready for MBAR!

This awesome tool will not only scan your computer for the latest virus heuristics, but will also dig in and find those traitorous Rootkit spies. Then, to the gas chamber with them.

Now that you've got those elusive Rootkits removed, let's move on to....Bootkits!
"Wait, Sketch, what the fuck's wrong with you? Bootkits and Rootkits are the same thing!"

Shut the fuck up, Private. They are absolutely not.  If your shit smells funky even after you've cleared it of viruses, rootkits and ruled out the amazing possibility of USER ERROR then you probably still have viruses, rootkits, etc. They can be hidden or brought in by Bootkits. Bootkits are stored in the Master Boot Record. Every time you boot up your computer, they take effect as soon as you hear that wonderful "beep" as your BIOS posts. Because they take effect before you even start, you aren't going to have a chance in hell at removing them easily. Best to start fresh.

If you want to give it a go, there's a low probability you'll be able to remove them with those advertised "Bootkit removers" (they are jokes) but your best bet is to use something like Boot Repair Disk that can clear and rebuild your MBR.

Also, dude, antiviruses are a dime a dozen, make sure you get one if you don't have one already. 

Next up! Basic Maintenance. Would you drive your Abrahms into battle without having those pussy techs over in base do the basic maintenance? Fuck no you wouldn't. The next piece in your arsenal is just that. Maintenance. MemTest64 is something that will check your RAM and make sure there are no corrupted memory locations in your hardware.  Run this sometime when you are going to be away from your computer for a few hours. 

Next up, the SFC. This amazing abbreviation stands for Windows System File Checker! Just as it seems, it'll check your system files. Crazy, right? In order to use this bad boy, all you gotta do is open your CLI, type the following:

sfc /scannow

And of course, the last bit of info, the disk defragmenter. This should be set on automatic intervals, so you should never have to use it. Just make sure it's running routinely and never think of it again. It's like a fire-and-forget missile.

I could go on, but that's the basics. Hope some of these will be useful to you!

Disclaimer: none of the above information keeps your computer 100% safe. The safest thing you can possibly do for your computer is unplug it, go in an underground bunker with 14 separate manlocks with impenetrable vault doors, lock it in a room comprised of walls made of Faraday Cage material and then destroy the entrance to the bunker. Then your computer will be 90% safe.

Edited by SketchParker
  • Sapphire

That was...glorious to read. 

Thanks for the help as well!

• Server Manager

And none of the above fixes the user issue which is lack of hardware 3D acceleration available to the system. 

My sides ?

• Sapphire
Just now, Roland said:

And none of the above fixes the user issue which is lack of hardware 3D acceleration available to the system. 

My sides ?

oof