Server time: 2017-10-18, 22:08
Safe Zone: OPEN

Sign in to follow this  
DeadAntelope

Destiny

So it's the new game from Bungie (aka the company that made Halo 1-Reach). It looks pretty cool even if it isn't gameplay.

Watch in 1080p otherwise it looks bad. That may just be YouTube processing though.

[video=youtube]

Meatlunk    0

It seems it's going to be for the playstation, always thought Bungie only made XBOX (halo) games.

Guest Martinez   
Guest Martinez

This looks epic, Getting this on PS4.

Sky    1

Oh god, I've been waiting for a Destiny trailer for so long! Looks so sick, I can't wait :D

Also, I'm 99% sure its confirmed to be on the Xbox One, as well as the PS3 and 360 (no PC though).

Sky    1

Yeah, I meant as well as the PS4, as someone else had already mentioned it.

Pretty keen though, kinda reminds me of Mass Effect in that its a very large scale sci-fi game, set in its own universe.

Reacher    2

The notion sounds neat. Reminds me of a free-roam fortune hunter sort of adventure, combined with some Mass Effect as you said.

I'll be getting it, if only because I want to enjoy a decent MMO on a console - even if it's a shooter - not to mention Bungie have a great track record.

I hope they reveal the payment method, though, as they said an odd statement about it. Something along the lines of "There won't be a monthly fee, but you will still have to pay something."

But. Either way, I'm looking forward to running around alien planets with my buddies in a big-ass 'kill it all' group.

...and I suppose this means I'm getting an X1.

Sky    1

I do have a lot of faith in bungie, however MMO's are a whole other beast compared to more standard type shooters.

Interesting what they said about payment though. Not really sure what they're planning to do.

Guest Kilgore   
Guest Kilgore

Looks weird.

Activision is involved.

Prepare for disappointment. I will always love Bungie but never Activision...

Sky    1

It looks pretty sweet, but honestly what I saw was a bit of a let down compared to some of the other guys (Watch Dogs, The Devision etc).

Still, can't wait to find out more about it, as we don't really know much. The game didn't look as nice visually as I expected it to, but the indoor lighting was quite good.

Livs    0

Wait is this an MMO? How is that going to work...

XboX 1 and PS4 are gonna require always on internet connections to create persistent worlds.

The new console age is focusing on MMOs and this will be yet another 3rd person over the shoulder shooter with skill trees and peeveepee.

I love Bungie to bits but I am really worried about this game.

Reacher    2

I'm going to try it. It intrigues me, even if there's not that much information explained. I'd love to know more about classes and abilities and such, but I can wait - they still have a number of months to reveal things.

Sky    1

XboX 1 and PS4 are gonna require always on internet connections to create persistent worlds.

The new console age is focusing on MMOs and this will be yet another 3rd person over the shoulder shooter with skill trees and peeveepee.

I love Bungie to bits but I am really worried about this game.

T'was first person.

And it looks very akin to Borderlands, bar the artstyle. Just think Borderlands, but with 100~ players rather than 4. Same RPG aspects, with greater focus on customisation, skill trees, loot, classes etc.

BobitoZ    0

Looks exactly like Defiance..the title even sounds the same.

Anything with subscription is a no. I wasted to much money on FF11 already

[video=youtube]

Toorrik    4
From the creators of Halo and the company that brought you Call of Duty

So close.

Proxzor    3

I am still a little skeptical about this game, at the first glance it looks absolutely amazing. But I am not really too sure that what we've seen really indicates that the game actually is a MMO of some sort. Nonetheless it still looks like an amazing game to play.

Reptile449    0

here's the gameplay footage they had at E3. Looks good but the combat seems really boring and easy, I hope it's just because they turned down difficulty for the trailer. But then does that mean you can adjust difficulty?

[video=youtube]

Sky    1

here's the gameplay footage they had at E3. Looks good but the combat seems really boring and easy, I hope it's just because they turned down difficulty for the trailer. But then does that mean you can adjust difficulty?

Its an MMO, so I doubt you can. They, however, can do whatever they like. It was probably scaled down for the demo, or maybe its one of the earlier missions where you're just getting started and everything is easy, like in most MMO's.