Server time: 2017-10-21, 23:16
Safe Zone: CLOSING SOON

Sign in to follow this  
Guest John Le Bear

CDCR zombie survival guide

Guest John Le Bear   
Guest John Le Bear

LdUYnBz.jpg

On the inside of the cover there is some badly wrote handwriting, looks as if it was done in a hurry, it reads: "Property of Dr.John Edwards" if this is found make sure it is destroyed as it is my personal copy and contains dangerous information concerning the Orthomyxoviridae virus that i don't want falling into the wrong hands".

ZOMBIE

SURVIVAL GUIDE

How to Survive Zombies!

Compiled by Doctor John Edwards

The 'Ask a Zombie' expert.

What are Zombies?

Zombies are the dear departed folks. Like you and me, who died of the mutated cross gene virus known as an Orthomyxoviridae.

Where did the virus come from?

On 6 August 2012 Britain was accused of arrogance over its failure to implement measures to stop the spread of Orthomyxoviridae. On that day Orthomyxoviridae claimed its first human victim, followed by many more. This virus Orthomyxoviridae mutated into a new variant, that was more resistant and progressive. The virus took just one day to kill, but it wasn’t permenant, all who were infected would rise again in mere hours, only they we not alive, the were mindless corpses looking for blood.

The Infection spread throughout Europe in weeks, months the world. It was an epidemic!

The Biology of the infected

It has been determined that the source of the motivation to feed on living flesh is the “zombified” brain. Or to be precise, the brain stem.

Function of the brain stem:

• Alertness

• Arousal

• Feeding and hunger

• Breathing

• Blood Pressure

• Contains Most of the Cranial Nerves

• Digestion

• Heart Rate

• Other Autonomic Functions

• Relays Information Between the Peripheral Nerves and Spinal Cord to the Upper Parts of the Brain

Location of the brain stem:

The brainstem is located at the juncture of the cerebrum and the spinal column. It consists of the midbrain, medulla oblongata, and the pons.

Infection

Symptoms of zombie infection appear quickly: within one or two hours, the victim will develop a headache, fever, chills and other flu-like symptoms.

Coma

Zombie comas are brief than. While physiological changes-slow pulse, shallow breathing-are disturbing, the coma lasts only between four and six hours. Only the very young and very old do not survive zombie comas. Zombies have been found as young as five years old and as old as 90.

Transformation

Zombies awaken from their comas in a catatonic state. They are unresponsive to most stimuli as they shuffle about, trying to locate their prey. A zombie will begin hunting immediately upon transformation.

How to survive a zombie attack

First things first, you have to know your enemy. Zombies come in two flavours: fast and slow. Fast are definitely cool, but you'll need more than a hatchet and a pair of running shoes to survive that zombie attack. Slow zombies, well why the hell would anyone die from a slow zombie? If you can't run away from a slow zombie or simply avoid it, you deserve dismemberment. After all it is survival of the fittest from now on!

Let's suppose that you made it through the first 10 minutes of the zombie-fest, and while most of your town are looking for live flesh to feast on, you're wondering how to hot-wire a car and get out of town. You are going to need a plan of action...

The most important thing that you can do in a zombie attack is to act decisively from the start. Zombies are slow and stupid, before they have great numbers to rely on; their greatest advantage is the element of surprise. Remember to act decisively to neutralize any zombies you do encounter. Even if they are loved ones. In the long term this is better for you, more humane for them and it is more than likely what your loved one would have wanted.

Preparation

Preparing is probably a good idea. Remember that time you were watching TV and the crazy preacher said, "When hell is full, the dead will walk the earth." So… This is kind of awkward now, I guess he wasn’t crazy. Well its time to brick up your windows and start stockpiling rifles and ammo, don’t forget food, we all like lots of food!

First, remember that guy down the road? Yeah that’s him, the one who bought a pallet of Spam to survive Y2K. He probably still has a ton of that stuff around, and knows all the good hiding places. Best go speak to him and ask for some, if not just beat it out of him, either way works fine.

Next you will need to find out the location of all the big stores and scout them out. Collect all the food, drinks and ammo available, any guns if possible too. Then get to your local gun store, take as many guns as possible, you are going to need them. A big bonus would be a nearby building store or some such place so you can get plenty of lumber and quick-mix concrete for fortification.

Sorry what was that? You live in a village, tough luck buddy, get walking to the cities.

While you're preparing, always keep in mind locations where people congregate you're likely to find lots of zombies there. Motorways, shopping centres and schools are especially bad. You also might want to mention to your friends and family in passing how well your hiding place could be defended, You are going to need some friends for this apocalypse.

The fun stuff

After your initial panic, it's important to remember that a significant component of your survival is the demise of the ghouls trying to get your tasty brains. Despite some reports to the contrary, the only way to permanently un-animate a zombie is to cause massive trauma to the brain. This isn't rocket science. A gunshot to the head is the most direct way to kill a zombie, but not the only way. Decapitation also works, although the head will probably still function so don't let it bite you, you can just try taking a couple swings with that trusty crowbar you found in your garage, that usually works. If you survive long enough, and all society collapses along with any hope of rescue, you'll need to develop some means of skull penetration that doesn't involve the use of a firearm. May I suggest a professional hunting bow, this setup works great if you can get it. You might be squeamish at first, taking out your neighbours; with time this will pass, you might even adopt a gleeful hangman's sense of humour in your executions, after all we all love to hit things with blunt objects.

“If TV has taught me anything, it's that you can turn pretty much any handy vehicle into a near tank in an hour or two. All you need is a big angry black guy with a welding torch, a slightly insane pilot, a face man, and a cigar-chewing leader to get 'em all working together. If you can fend off the zombies for a little while, you're fine. And if the guy with the welding torch does his job well, you can probably just drive right through the accumulated horde.”

Use the Buddy System

Remember the buddy system? You do? Then use it!

Don't be dumb. If your buddy is bitten by a zombie, shoot him in the head and get it over with. Otherwise, gather the refugees, Rambo, and lead them to safety. People will follow anyone who acts like they know what they're doing, and you need the manpower to steal all the beans at your local supermarket. Remember not to gather too many people. There's a trade-off here between having enough people to defend your fort, and enough food to keep them fed. I don't know if zombies are edible, but that's a possibility if things get rough. It's not really cannibalism, is it?

DO NOT, I repeat, do not eat the zombies. Zombies have been infected with Orthomyxoviridae, a virus that has proven to be 100% fatal. Eating a Zombie would most likely cause you to contract Orthomyxoviridae. The previous statement said was a joke!

The basic idea to get from this section is, have enough people to root out the zombies and block the entrances, but not so many people that you have to ration the food heavily. Also, make sure you have some girls. Preferably some good looking ones, but in the absence of those some tough butch babes would work just fine, after all beggars can’t be choosers!

Remember not to stay in the cities and towns, although they seem like easily defendable areas to defend and fortify throughout the zombie apocalypse, it’s actually a huge death trap if the situation requires you to stay there indefinitely. Think about it: Yes you can grow food, but how much soil and open space is actually available in a city/town that is safe. Also remember not all the food in the supermarkets is useful for you and you buddies, you need food to stay fresh for long periods . All produce, frozen goods, dairy, and meat will be useless after the power goes out. Basically, only a third of the food will be edible after a few weeks.

The art of fortification

Be generous and thorough with your fortification. A few pieces of lumber nailed up is OK for an emergency start, but don't forget to make it permanent. You might consider some kind of buttress design as well, since I'm not sure what kind of force thousands of zombies could put on an amateur brickwork. don't make the mistake of assuming your fortifications will hold. Check them everyday, measuring the wall to make sure it hasn't moved. You also might consider building a second wall in case the first gets broken through.

I would advise you to just build a wall with as many bricks available.

Protection

T-Shirts aren't Bite Proof! This is one I've never figured out. Zombification occurs shortly after being bit by a zombie. So why are people running around in t-shirts for days and weeks after DayZ? Get yourself some armour for the sake of humanity! Thick leather will work in the short term. Later on, get some aluminium siding or something else metallic and affix it to your clothes. Even zombies can't bite through that stuff. If you are really lucky you might just come across some Kevlar, now that’s useful! Helmets are a good idea too, anything from motorbike helmets to a workman’s helmet will do the job.

As for armour, the added weight of leather would slow you down over time. Tight fitting, thin, breathable clothing combined with mobility will save you from the undead ones.

Long term survival

Oh you are still alive? Don’t expect me to congratulate you! We still have a long way to go until you are ready.

Let's recap: you've survived the initial zombie invasion, banded together a few dozen survivors, and fortified nice place with plenty of food and goodies. So what's your long term prognosis? Not good.

You'll eventually run out of water, canned food, and fuel for the generator. In fact, you'll be in the dark in a day or two, and the water will be gone shortly after that. Unless, of course, you don't panic, and plan ahead. Don't worry; I'll help you out just this once.

So your souce of light during the night is going to be a problem. Battery powered flashlights will be OK at night time. But if you're brave, you can venture outside to get fuel from filling station. And if you're lucky, you'll find a tanker truck to drive back to home base, then you will have all the fuel you could need to fuel your generator for your lights. Personally, I'd rather live in the dark.

For water and food, I can help you out there. The first thing to do after securing your fort is fill every container you can get with tap water. You might have a few days of water available, but I wouldn't count on it. Electricity, water, and sewage will disappear soon, so you want all the drinking water you can get. Remember not to rely on fizzy drinks like Coke and Pepsi too much, as there isn’t going to be many dentists working after the apocalypse.

Now that you've got that straightened out, you're going to become a farmer. Lucky for you, the Garden Centre has lots of seeds and soil, and the store has a big roof for planting. This is a good time to learn the art of composting and water filtration, i.e. your alternative to the toilet. I'd place that on the roof or a good distance away, otherwise things could get smelly inside.

So now you are set. You've buttressed the walls to protect against the press of the zombies, you have a few dozen armed followers, and enough veggies to keep everyone fed. You can hold out here for years. What happens next depends on a lot of variables. Are there any other survivors? I can imagine a naval fleet having no problems defending itself from zombies. Nuclear powered submarines should be especially safe, they can run for decades. Maybe enough people survived somewhere to come rescue you. If everyone else is zombied, well that would suck.

How long will zombies "live"? Even though they're dead, they still maintain some kind of metabolism and thought process. You'd think that eventually they'll cease activity and it will be safe enough to venture out. Then again, they might be immortal, in which case you are screwed. It's kind of hard to kill 6 billion zombies with just a few 22s and a shotgun. A person infected with the Orthomyxoviridae virus is transformed into a single-minded hunting machine, with all changes to bodily functions serving the zombie imperative: locate prey, capture prey and feed. Some of the stronger zombies have been reported to be dragging critically wounded survivors out of their safe houses and into the streets, either to feed the waiting hordes or to finish their own meal undisturbed.

How to move undetected from zombies

When in a known danger area and approaching areas of infestation by Zombies Such as the centre of Cherno

dayz-gallery-photo_p3.jpg

You should use the following;

• Low crawl

dayz-gallery-photo_p4.jpg

Only use this when:

1. WHEN THE ROUTE YOU HAVE SELECTED PROVIDES COVER AND CONCEALMENT LESS THAN ONE FOOT HIGH.

2. WHEN THE TERRAIN YOU ARE CROSSING PROVIDES GOOD ENEMY OBSERVATION

3. WHEN SPEED IS NOT REQUIRED

• Crouch jogging

mqdefault.jpg

Only use this when:

1. WHEN YOUR MOVEMENT ROUTE PROVIDES GOOD COVER AND CONCEALMENT

2. WHEN POOR VISIBILITY REDUCES THE POSSIBILITY OF YOUR BEING SPOTTED

3. WHEN THE TERRAIN OR VEGETATION ARE ONLY SUITABLE FOR THE LOW CRAWL, BUT SPEED IS REQUIRED

• Running/sprinting

pgldXj4.jpg

Only use this when:

1. WHEN YOU MUST CROSS OPEN AREAS.

2. WHEN TIME IS CRITICAL

Areas of interest for supplies (varies depending on where the location is published).

• North west air field Location: 047050

• North east airfield Location: 120026

• Balota air field Location: 047127

• Черногорск (Chernogorsk) Location: 067127

• Электрозаводск (Elektrozavodsk) Location: 103132

• Березино (Berezino) Location: 129053

• Зеленогорск (Zelenogorsk) Location: 027099

• Красностав (Krasnostav) Location: 111030

• Старый Собор (Stary Sobor) Location: 061076

• Солнечный (Solnichniy) Location: 134092

• Балота (Balota) Location: 045129

Buildings of interest for supplies (varies depending on where the location is published).

• Super markets

• Shopping centres

• Deer stands

• Churches

• Barns

• ATC’s

• Barracks

• Hangers

• Military based buildings

• Houses

So it looks like you know the basics. Good luck. You really are going to need it! If you are ever in ned of help search for the CDCR.

On the back page there is a plastic wallet containing assortments of scrap paper with formulas scrawled all over them and some kind of process to greatly enhance the Orthomyxoviridae virus to give some sort of super human mutation.

Notes:

notes_copied.jpg

There is also a map that has been wrote all over:

x27sU52.jpg

More to come, will be updated soon................

Egard    0

À page 1 would be nice Couse My friend turned and i need to make him à human again also would like to know if i Can protect Myself in any way?

Guest John Le Bear   
Guest John Le Bear

À page 1 would be nice Couse My friend turned and i need to make him à human again also would like to know if i Can protect Myself in any way?

Give me time, these things take a long time to write, i am still working on the cure as my main priority! The CDCR will for fill its promise to society!

Guest Akzu   
Guest Akzu

Good to know something new. Like why this is happening. Hope to see last pages soon.

Guest John Le Bear   
Guest John Le Bear

Good to know something new. Like why this is happening. Hope to see last pages soon.

They will be done soon, this takes a very long time

Guest Kilgore   
Guest Kilgore

Nice work.

Zhunk    2

Amazing, I didn't expect something like this.

JakeGriffin    0

Only problem that I have is there are stories from different folk contradicting each other. Some people believe the virus is Solanum, you say it's Orthomyxoviridae and some people say only Chernarus is infected, you say it's Europe!

I guess it's realistic that people have heard rumours that Britain or Germany or whatever country is still safe, or the origins of the virus are unknown, but you wrote it as if it is concrete evidence, even though it is contradictory to other sources.

Caeldon    1

Only problem that I have is there are stories from different folk contradicting each other. Some people believe the virus is Solanum, you say it's Orthomyxoviridae and some people say only Chernarus is infected, you say it's Europe!

I guess it's realistic that people have heard rumours that Britain or Germany or whatever country is still safe, or the origins of the virus are unknown, but you wrote it as if it is concrete evidence, even though it is contradictory to other sources.

It's what they believe is concrete evidence; doesn't make it so.

Recki    1

Germany, Poland and Belarus are infected aswell, I've been there and it was horrible!

Some critics: A lot of the things you wrote on the map are not that good to read. Maybe use another font, another color or make it a bigger text?

Guest John Le Bear   
Guest John Le Bear

Germany, Poland and Belarus are infected aswell, I've been there and it was horrible!

Some critics: A lot of the things you wrote on the map are not that good to read. Maybe use another font, another color or make it a bigger text?

Yeah I need to remake that

What? Do you expect me to write it based on what other people say? Orthomyxoviridae is the name given to a strain of bird flu, it muted into the virus that we know as the zombie infection. Also don't criticize me when you named your RP character Walter white, have some imagination

Can you read the notes? I'm curious what they are about, I just pulled some random notes of google

Zhunk    2

It would be a good idea to update the map and add the "Free Medic" bases location. Those bases goal is to aid the survivors. You can find there medical supplies, food, water, ammo etc'...

You should also mention the fact that there are military barracks at Guglovo.

JakeGriffin    0

What? Do you expect me to write it based on what other people say? Orthomyxoviridae is the name given to a strain of bird flu, it muted into the virus that we know as the zombie infection. Also don't criticize me when you named your RP character Walter white, have some imagination

Wow, dude, calm the fuck down. I wasn't criticising you. I was simply stating the fact that other people are making stories too and suggesting that people start to collaborate information into one large article, such as your own. I was just saying that alot of people have different opinions.

Secondly, the name Walter White was part of my previous backstory. Just because I decided to base my ingame character off of another character doesn't mean I lack imagination.

Guest John Le Bear   
Guest John Le Bear

Wow, dude, calm the fuck down. I wasn't criticising you. I was simply stating the fact that other people are making stories too and suggesting that people start to collaborate information into one large article, such as your own. I was just saying that alot of people have different opinions.

Secondly, the name Walter White was part of my previous backstory. Just because I decided to base my ingame character off of another character doesn't mean I lack imagination.

Woops, this sounds quite nasty, sorry, I wrote it early in the morning

JakeGriffin    0

Woops, this sounds quite nasty, sorry, I wrote it early in the morning

S'allright man :D

Fantastic work my Friend, it's always good to see that there are still scientists who work on a cure.

//I just realized that my Character would fit so perfectly in the CDCR since he actually is a virologist.Well, too bad that the recruitment is closed but maybe I should visit you guys anytime soon.

Stay safe

Guest A_Pesky_Alien   
Guest A_Pesky_Alien

This is very well done, I love it.

Guest John Le Bear   
Guest John Le Bear

This is very well done, I love it.

And there is more.....when i can be arsed to write it :P

Guest Martinez   
Guest Martinez

Great work.

Guest John Le Bear   
Guest John Le Bear

There will be more but the CDCR camp is taking up a lot of my free time

Guest Thor452   
Guest Thor452

Great guide and awesome pictures man. Just brilliant.

Sign in to follow this