Server time (UTC): 2021-09-25 00:00

Kill rights?

Eagle

• Diamond

After seeing a report on Panda I am confused as to why people are allowed to fire at someone then just dip because of ''Roleplay''.
In the report found here a dumb situation occurs where the OPs friend is supposedly shooting at a zombie whilst the accused side claims it was attempt on his life, what confuses me is the fact that his friend shoots at the guy that was the Zombie/human and gets killed for it and after his friend gets told ''Kill that mother fucker right now'' he misses the shot and goes behind cover (<-- this is important he never surrenders or tried to make a deal with him but does it from cover) he keeps his gun out throughout the whole situation, even when he's running away after telling him that he's leaving the scene and once panda has a shot he kills the guy. 4.4
Here is where the issue arises this guy attempted to kill pandas friend with iffy rights as we cannot determine who shot what during the first altercation but either way he shoots, goes behind cover talks for a while, tells him he's leaving and runs with his gun out, only when he's behind the green double story does he place the wepone on his back and you guys tell me none of you would have done the same?  telling Panda pretty much ''You should have RPed instead of killing someone who has just tried killing your friend''.

So here is my question if one of my friends shoots Joffrey for the lols idk why but they shoot him a house member kills him but I'm not playing on my main character, I retaliate and miss my shot on the guy that killed my friend, I speak with him for about  30 seconds behind cover and then tell him ''Hey buddy I'm just gonna leave okay? Don't mind me attempting to kill your friend'' I run off, once I get behind cover I assess the situation but see that my attempts will be fruitless so I place the wepone on my back and keep running away but end up getting my head blown off... Can I now report him for Ruleplay? and can I not shoot someone who has just attempted to kill my friend because now they are seen as  ''Not a threat'' when their weapon is placed on there back and he tells me he's leaving the scene?

Edited by Eagle

I'm just spitballing here because I never saw the report.

I think what they are trying to say in this report is "if you have the opportunity to role play, you should do that over shooting someone".

The person who put his gun away and said he was leaving was vulnerable to a capture scenario.  Maybe what they are saying is instead of boom boom. Talk talk, torture, talk, execute.

You get the same result, but now more roleplay is involved.

• Diamond
1 minute ago, JoffreyRP said:

I'm just spitballing here because I never saw the report.

I think what they are trying to say in this report is "if you have the opportunity to role play, you should do that over shooting someone".

The person who put his gun away and said he was leaving was vulnerable to a capture scenario.  Maybe what they are saying is instead of boom boom. Talk talk, torture, talk, execute.

You get the same result, but now more roleplay is involved.

Just sounds like more confusion just to be confusing there was no RP to be had, he was in cover he ran away guns out he looks in the direction of the hostile then runs away after placing his gun on his back 300-500 m ish away.

• MVP

Here is my 2 cents. I don't believe the kill was ruleplay due to the fact that the situation was quite tense. People were screaming one at another and then Finn decides to say he is leaving and gets shot. This would have been a simple case of ruleplay if the people actually met and talked normally about it and made sure it was all a mistake. If that is what would have happened and Finn walked away and got shot then that would have been ruleplay. However, that was not the case as people were just screaming at one another, no conclusion was reached and tensions were high. From the attackers POV, he could have come back to kill them or it was all a ruse to get a better shot at them. Nothing was settled, nothing was made clear and therefore you can't blame Panda for not risking it by letting the man go.

• Emerald

Yeah I mean he shot at him, then yelled at him, then ran away. Kill him.

If he was someone that had KOS but didn't use them then ran away, maybe don't kill him.

• MVP
3 hours ago, JoffreyRP said:

The person who put his gun away and said he was leaving was vulnerable to a capture scenario.

This is a good explanation. Since there was opportunity for an initiation and to continue RP, that's the scenario that should be happening instead of immediately ending it with a bullet to the back of the head.

• Diamond
17 minutes ago, Brady said:

This is a good explanation. Since there was opportunity for an initiation and to continue RP, that's the scenario that should be happening instead of immediately ending it with a bullet to the back of the head.

What man in their right mind would initiate on someone who is clearly trying to kill his friend?

Edit: Look at the video he did put his gun away for a split second then put it back in his hand he then kept it out and only put it back once he was 300 m away.

1:52-2:01 keeps it there behind cover everyone is screaming at each other then he runs off with it still in hands and only puts it on his back once he deemed the situation not worthy of a fight and gets shot.

Edited by Eagle
  • Sapphire

I was the one who he shot, I was not expecting a verdict of Ruleplay against Panda. I actually was okay with closing the report because it was a big misunderstanding and an honest mistake but Raven didn't want to. I'd probably do the same thing, it's a realistic reaction to someone attempting to kill you. Yeah I was upset because I died, but I honestly expected that to happen because I did shoot at them.

I don't agree with the punishment, he shot me for shooting at his friend.

I dunno, I watched the video and to be honest I really like all the people involved.. I feel like they are good members of the community - but, to me? I dunno, It made me think.. If someone shoots at me ( though I don't fight, but let's say I was a fighter.. ) If someone shot at me or my friend I'd take that as being initiated on.. I mean, when it comes down to it, that's what it is.. It's a hostile action.. I mean I've read the rules and stuff, but if some guy shot my friend and then peeled out, wouldn't I have a right to follow them? ( remember the people involved have no idea what the others are thinking or saying in TS. Nor do they understand initial intent..All you have to go on is the fact that someone was shot at..) To shoot them for shooting at me? I guess I'm just a little confused with all of this because, whats to stop people from shooting at someone, then run away and put their gun away (?) Isn't that avoidance of subsequent role-play or consequences for role-play action.. Isn't that, in itself a form of ruleplay? Shooting someone without initiation, isn't that RDM? ? Not to point fingers at any of the players involved, just based on recent reports I don't... really get it. 

Edited by Bounty
  • MVP

Joffery kinda hit the nail on the head.  There were other options to choose other than killing him.  He tried to explain what happened and tried to bring himself away from the situation.  The kill looks like a cheap kill.  If those involved were truly upset, you had the opportunity to advance the RP further.  There wasn't anything to gain on an RP sense in killing him.  KoS rights shouldn't always be the option just because you technically have them, and this is a pretty decent example as such.