Server time: 2019-03-23, 07:27 WE ARE RECRUITING
The Nikitin Prodejna - Trade Post Event
TOMORROW | 2019-03-24 17:00:00 (server time) | Starts in 1 day, 9 hours, 32 minutes
Banshee

DISTRICT // Recruitment Open

*The lads have just woken up after the Victory in Tortuga*

*You hear "Come out ye black and tans" in the back ground*

"Well done lads, fucking solid, we've pushed them out of Novaya, made them run to Novodimitri or whatever that place is called.

After constant shite on the Radio, this that, whatever. We've backed our fucking word. We went to Novodimitri, and we slaughtered them."

*Black and tans stops*

"Therefore lads I think an appreciation is needed for a few members"

"Frankie Begum" (@Biiddy), Frankie lad, you were undeniably the main man the other day, foolin' those saviors and making you the the "Official Trader". Got us in there, and from there we know what happened. Proven to Soldier

Micky McGee (@Cuchulainn),  you've been a good asset to have, for a fookin' priest. Without you and your sword of Saint Patrick, the Irish catholic church would be at a loss, you are a good lad. Soldier to Enforcer.

Abroon Cabass (@Pirate), Don't really know what to say about yourself, you're one weird boy. However, Awimba likes you so we'll keep you around as the Ubuntu Priest. Recruit to New Blood

Vrach Zipcouda (@Zipcouda), You're new around here, but I do like you, you've proven yourself with the situation we've been in. Hope you enjoy your time here. Recruit to New Blood

Nathaniel Rowe (@BongoJoe), Don't think we've met before lad, heard good things from the boys. Enjoy your time. Recruit to New Blood

"Now that's wrapped up boys, Viva La District"

Edited by Challenger

Its been a great ride. Met amazing people and had alot of great RP moments.

Real life came around the corner and because of that I lost interest in RP for now. Might be for a week but could be for longer. I hate groups who have a ton of inactive players and to avoid that I will leave the group.

Thank you @Ryan Shepherd and @Banshee for allowing me in this amazing group.

@OxeN Brother, you always make me laugh. The spirits will watch over you.

Rest of the boys, thanks guys. It was amazing.

Goodluck with the group and maybe I will knock on @Banshee's PM again to apply back :).

- Jack

EDIT: Thanks @Challenger

Edited by Jackfish

Thanks for the hostage RP today guys. I will in fact be permadeathing my character after the hostage situation. Gotta do something to push this war forward.

Lev Markov 1997-2019

2 hours ago, Jackfish said:

Real life came around the corner and because of that I lost interest in RP for now. Might be for a week but could be for longer. I hate groups who have a ton of inactive players and to avoid that I will leave the group.

Goodluck with the group and maybe I will knock on @Banshee's PM again to apply back :).

- Jack

wow not paddy?

It was fun having you around, enjoyed the moments we had. Hopefully we can see you back in the group at some point.

Thanks for the time!

Edited by Challenger

2 hours ago, Jackfish said:

- Jack

It's been a great run with you Jack.

Peter made a massive impact on the group and will always be apart of it.

Thanks for being a solid member!

You will be missed, I hope everything works out for you and don't be afraid to hop on the discord whenever you get a chance.

Have a good one man!

Azimo, Hoho & mattberridge will need to be removed from the roster due to their extensive inactivity. 

Sehestedtxd should also be asked whether or not he plans on getting in game any time soon since he hasn't been online in two weeks. If not, he will need to be removed as well.

Best of luck x

A bit of feedback for this group:

(Now, before I'm accused of being salty, I'm not. I work too much to be ingame enough to be salty. Look past me being in the French, ty)

Since I've came back to the server, I've been sort of disappointed by the level of hostile rp provided by this group, especially since it contains so many veteran rp'rs and led by a GM. I'm really sorry if it comes across as flamey, but I don't know how else to say it other than, it seems really generic and almost trolly at times.

Now, don't get me wrong, I've also really enjoyed the rp from Paddy and Ryan at times, especially during the summit. 

However, outside of rp events like that one, meeting in person has always seemed like forced hostile rp. Now, trust, I'm not afraid of hostile rp, ask anyone. It's pretty much exclusively all I've done since 2015. But, most of the time, an argument will immediately spark, for seemingly nothing. I've seen this at GM multiple times and now recently other places. Unfortunately, it's usually paired with spamming ear rape music and sounds over megaphones. Come on dudes, no one enjoys that ? 

These almost forced and over hostile situations seem more ooc driven than anything. Most of the time, it seems like an excuse to PvP as much as possible in an roleplay community. On top of that, it almost exactly goes against your group goals outlined on this thread. 

Both the IC one:

d4790a30d385fecdda217376674f315d.png

And the more important OOC one:

acdb514059ce57c0653032995a78516c.png

Neither of these goals seem to be fulfilled by the rp members in the community have experienced from this group. 

The most relevant and recent example of this is the ongoing conflict with the FFL:

Now, I want to address first, our previous group interactions to show why I'm confused. We obviously have never been on amazing terms, but we organized the summit to help ease relations. But, at this summit, you did sign a ceasefire, intentional or not. On top of that, we were never on opposing sides of the war or fighting IC. In fact, we saved a member of your group as well in a show of good faith. Anywho, we set up New Paris and stuck to our area, just gathering civilians to rp and chill. We never once made a move against you or did any sort provocation. 

Now, just a couple days ago (the day after the summit) an argument broke out because someone in your group, @bigmac just started grilling us about our group lore. We literally just walked up and immediately got verbally attacked for being "French dogs" yikes. You then continue by demanding us to speak French to him because all FFL members are required to learn French. I don't really want to address how poor that rp is. Not everyone can speak the language of the characters they are portraying. I know you guys don't speak all the languages you should either, so it's kinda unreasonable to expect us to. It's an rp community after all. There was a thread about this awhile back, but I couldn't find it. But on top of that, even after we actually had a member speak French back, you continued to light us up in a field with no initiation. We simply didn't report for not wanting drama and another report. 

I love hostile rp, but that's not it guys. Hostile rp should lead to something. Not just be a stick measuring contest that leads to a firefight no matter what. I'm fairly certain having a group who's rp solely revolves around fabricating ic reasons to initiate has never been allowed and it's the vibe you give off. Again, I'm sorry if that comes across as flamey, but I don't know how to put it lightly. 

Since the outcome of that firefight, you guys have seemingly done nothing, but attack New Paris for little IC reason. This does nothing, but fulfill ooc need for pvp and disrupt the rp of every random person around the city. Exactly what @Roland 's concern is with this war and the pointless fights within in. This seems to go directly against your group group goals. We were literally minding ourselves. So we weren't threatening the survival of the district, and were still technically on good terms. But this hostility comes from left field and there was no way for us to rp it out. It felt insanely fabricated and forced.

This naturally left us, and other groups, OOC'ly curious as to the reason; so, a third party asked and this was said in your discord:

image0.png

So the one Islamic extremist in your group had an issue with us, and that sparked the original two days of fighting?

Now, no one expects you guys to give your OOC reasons for anything, but with our history IC, it seems sus to a lot of groups. This questioning of your group goals has also only been escalated by the fact that you've attacked the settlement full of random people once a day. There's been no attempt to roleplay, no negotiations, just a megaphone on a hill and random initiations. This is a rp server guys. Not a server where anyone can PvP at every possibility.  

Finally, regarding this war drama, this was the official answer given tonight: 

79df3087c56114823d30f763ebb52ec9.png

None of that is true. We made no deal, asked no one, and I can't tell you the last time we "shit talked" outside of an argument started by your random hostility IC. All of this, especially the stuff revolving kamanici, could easily be found out IC, but like I said above there has been zero attempt to rp this conflict. It's mindless PvP day after day, after day. It's the same issue that @Roland has been addressing and is clearly affecting the random people just trying to roleplay on the server in a neutral settlement. 

A direct quote from the big man himself regarding the conflict: "Just away from major hubs, you can continue fighting all you want everywhere else on the map. In short I don't want mass initiations on random people in towns or hubs where there are many random players"

I don't see how initiating on an rp settlement twice in a two days without rp abides by that. I know just today at least two random civilians were murdered for no reason. No idea why they didn't post a report, but the rp of random people is being directly affected by this petty conflict. That's just including the attacks on New Paris too. I know there have been more than a few on GM in the last week as well. So many in fact, I've seen groups move across the map to internally rp away from it all, and I've seen new community members say they're leaving the community due to the attacks. 

Regardless of what I've said, we will no doubt keep fighting and nothing will change, but it's pretty obvious that there's more roleplay opportunities to be had with this conflict, and others.

All in all, I personally have a lot of issues with the level of hostile roleplay provided by the District. I know people have held back reports from multiple groups to avoid OOC drama, but I feel like this needed to be said. I also don't want to bring up any rulebreaks that have taken place, because that's just unnecessary and would just cause even more drama. 

In my sole opinion, the hostile rp always seems to be insanely forced and borderline trolly rp.

The group goals seem to be completely ignored

There is zero attempt to roleplay out any conflict.

Lastly, like I said, there have also been good interactions and I commend you and your members for that. You guys can clearly roleplay well, but it'd be nice to see that more often and less baseless PvP around rp settlements. 

All this feedback is solely from my experiences since I came back a couple months ago (even before the FFL). I did not post this on behalf of my group at all. I was even told not to. So please don't hold anyone other than me accountable for this feedback. I've read this over a shit ton to make sure it doesn't come across as super flamey, because that's not my intention. I'm truly sorry if you take offense.

I didn't do this "for the meme" or to attack the District. So please no beanz guys. 

Edited by Nightngale

@Nightngale

In my own point of view, you have every right to be upset and I won't try to change your POV. But I don't believe your officers have actually been honest with you.

When we first came to New Paris we asked for the bar. Later we asked about Kamenchi and the fact that they wouldn't let you guys change a name of their town. This is when Wong told us "We have an agreement with them, they are letting us stay here." Now, at this time we hadn't fought with the Nationalist, and we didn't press the conversation further.

When we went down to talk to the Nationalist, they initiate on us and execute one of our members. If you can't understand why we would attack FFL over this, then I feel you are being quite naive. You should know that we will exact terrible vengeance on the nationalist and those aligned with them.

This is at least, my reasoning for fighting FFL.

Information may come from Ryan further with changes or other information about the feedback, this is simply my pov of the situation.

Edited by Zipcouda

4 minutes ago, Zipcouda said:

@Nightngale

In my own point of view, you have every right to be upset and I won't try to change your POV. But I don't believe your officers have actually been honest with you.

When we first came to New Paris we asked for the bar. Later we asked about Kamenchi and the fact that they wouldn't let you guys change a name of their town. This is when Wong told us "We have an agreement with them, they are letting us stay here." Now, at this time we hadn't fought with the Nationalist, and we didn't press the conversation further.

Now when we went down to talk to the Nationalist, they initiate on us and execute one of our members. If you can't understand why we would attack FFL over this, then I feel you are being quite naive. You should know that we will exact terrible vengeance on the nationalist and those aligned with them.

Information may come from Ryan further with changes or other information about the feedback, this is simply my pov of the situation.

Sure, but why not attempt to rp this amongst the groups? Because there's no agreement other than "we won't harass you for being there." Can't you see that a three minute conversation could have prevented all this mindless PvP? That's the issue with the conflicts currently taking place in the community. There's no attempt to resolve it or stop it. Just like "fuck it, let's attack the settlement now."

That's the backbone to my feedback. There's no attempt to rp these conflicts. Just initiations

Edited by Nightngale

This is life and death @Nightngale. I understand this is a game and a community, and it may of been just that simple conversation. But you must look at it from everyone's point of view. We go down to meet the nationalist, after not changing their town names, after not having ever really met them, we immediately get initiated on being called foreigners. Their Initiation "All foreigners put your hands up."  They then Execute one of our members, putting them in the ground permanently.

But yet, you, the French, get to change one of their town names? Get to sculpt the landscape to your liking in their land?

Look at this from a different perspective. It would be unrealistic of us to not pursue what agreement you have with them.

Edited by Zipcouda

2 minutes ago, Zipcouda said:

This is life and death @Nightngale. I understand this is a game and a community, and it may of been just that simple conversation. But you must look at it from everyone's point of view. We go down to meet the nationalist, after not changing their town names, after not having ever really met them, we immediately get initiated on being called foreigners. Their Initiation "All foreigners put your hands up."

But yet, you, the French, get to change one of their town names? Get to sculpt the landscape to your liking in their land?

Look at this from a different perspective.

Idk man. Like I've said in the feedback, this isn't just about the conflict going on currently at all.

It's about the lack of attempted roleplay.

I don't really want to argue about it. I said my mind and I'll leave it at that. 

Edited by Nightngale

9 minutes ago, Nightngale said:

Sure, but why not attempt to rp this amongst the groups? Because there's no agreement other than "we won't harass you for being there." Can't you see that a three minute conversation could have prevented all this mindless PvP? That's the issue with the conflicts currently taking place in the community. There's no attempt to resolve it or stop it. Just like "fuck it, let's attack the settlement now."

There is no mindless pvp and i can assure you that we only do pvp if there is roleplay leading up to it, we are on this server to roleplay just like everyone else.

We captured your leader last night and started questioning him but unfortunately he died when getting punched, when asked to resume roleplay he answered with "naw we cool" So if anything my good friend the "No attempt to roleplay" was on your guys part but hey we can sit and talk about that all day. 

We both know here that you guys have been shit talking us for a long time IC, wether it is saying "Everybody in the field! Have a nice day" with a megaphone or just calling my character a sand n**ger or simply the n word.

So we can play the poor roleplay card too if you really want us too.

Prehaps you were not there for that?

Also let's not clutter the thread if you guys have any feedback please post it but keep the dissussion to pm!

Edited by OxeN

Thats fine @Nightngale. Regardless if the feedback is positive or negative we appreciate it. However I was merely trying to explain at least my reason for this recent conflict.

We will leave it here and let Ryan respond to the feedback further if he wishes.

Edited by Zipcouda

42 minutes ago, Nightngale said:

You're throwing around "OOC hate" a lot and seem to really believe people actually hate you or your group over a video game, I'm pretty sure I speak for all of District when I say nobody hates anyone over anything that happens in-game, people get angry from time to time obviously but you're making it out as if we HATE you and thats why we are hostile RPing, which is complete bullshit.

I just wanna mention that it wasn't Kamenici who executed your guy, it was my group. I get it can be confusing to have two nationalist groups but we even introduced ourselves. We have never really talked to the FFL and we have no deal with them or anything. If you want to say they are guilty because they are affiliated with Kamenici and Kamenici is affiliated with us fair enough. I just felt like that needed clarifying before the wrong people are accused of things.

I can't really comment on much besides that I enjoyed the rp with the two guys we had as hostages.

2 minutes ago, Jerry said:

You're throwing around "OOC hate" a lot and seem to really believe people actually hate you or your group over a video game, I'm pretty sure I speak for all of District when I say nobody hates anyone over anything that happens in-game, people get angry from time to time obviously but you're making it out as if we HATE you and thats why we are hostile RPing, which is complete bullshit.

I never said anything about OOC hate man. Not a single time.

I don't think anyone hates anyone. I wouldn't have posted feedback if I did. That'd just be fishing for drama.

Edited by Nightngale

Just now, Nightngale said:

I never said anything about OOC man. Not a single time.

"These almost forced and over hostile situations seem more ooc driven than anything. Most of the time, it seems like an excuse to PvP as much as possible in an roleplay community. On top of that, it almost exactly goes against your group goals outlined on this thread. "

To me it was the basis of your feedback?

Edited by Jerry

I think there's been enough posts on the thread now boys.

Pm's please.

3 minutes ago, Grimnir said:

I just wanna mention that it wasn't Kamenici who executed your guy, it was my group. I get it can be confusing to have two nationalist groups but we even introduced ourselves. We have never really talked to the FFL and we have no deal with them or anything. If you want to say they are guilty because they are affiliated with Kamenici and Kamenici is affiliated with us fair enough. I just felt like that needed clarifying before the wrong people are accused of things.

I can't really comment on much besides that I enjoyed the rp with the two guys we had as hostages.

We know that OOC. We didn't know Kam wasn't there. It was from our perspective Kam, Koz, and Dynamic Cherno Russians. I may name Kam but mean all Cherno Russians in the sense of who executed them. I should start just referring to Kam as nationalist as I agree it can be confusing. But yess... prepare for bloodshed REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Edited by Zipcouda

3 minutes ago, brk said:

I think there's been enough posts on the thread now boys.

Pm's please.

Yeah, sorry, didn't realize the whole group was gonna reply. Clearly I made a mistake with posting this.

Going to bed now, yikes.

Edited by Nightngale

Guess I have to start playing again. Things are going downhill since stopped playing daily. 

:trolle:

Edited by Jackfish

Zaahid and Sergey employed by an unkown contractor executes Sokol Zhakarov the second in command of District at green mountain infront of loads of civilians and then ambushes the remaining District forces coming up the road before making their leave towards their ticket out of South Zagoria and towards their payment.

Edited by OxeN

19 minutes ago, Challenger said:

Very good Video! Love the Music man