Server time (UTC): 2021-09-18 14:05

Blood, Bullets and Politics
TODAY | 2021-09-18 20:00:00 (server time) | Starts in 5 hours, 54 minutes

Regarding NLR

Absense

• Sapphire

So I saw a discussion on the topic of execution rights and a topic was brought up that I'm confused about.

What's this about forgetting all about the events leading up to your death. I saw it in the rules, however I've always been under the impression that when you die and its not a perm death, you just roleplay it as sustaining injury. This is what I've seen every single person do up until seeing that thread.

I was always under the impression that, thats what people do and thats what the rule was and that NLR was just meant for you not to go back to the place of your death for a couple of hours.

If you're really supposed to have your character forget every little detail of his "death", why? Doesn't that kind of kill character story progression? Especially since in a hostage situation, pretty much everyone just executes now. 

Can I get some clarification? Thanks.

im not staff or anything, but yeah, you forget what happened pretty much.
people shouldnt be executing constantly unless they have reason to but ye, if you get executed you basically forget everything

• Sapphire
1 minute ago, N-ToxRP said:

im not staff or anything, but yeah, you forget what happened pretty much.
people shouldnt be executing constantly unless they have reason to but ye, if you get executed you basically forget everything

Damn. That should be changed. Thanks tho.

- user was warned for this post -

At least give me credit for pointing out this flaw ?

But nah, honestly I think it 100% neuters Lore Progression, and even the groups that execute a lot agree! If we forget everything before our death, how the hell is lore supposed to progress... relationships don't change... 

As far as we are concerned no group has ever , or will ever, get to a point of hostility where they try to kill you as , every time they try, you forget they tried... 

Seems like a loop hole that ... well sticks us in a loop of short term memory loss :S 

• Sapphire
11 minutes ago, The Traveler said:

But nah, honestly I think it 100% neuters Lore Progression, and even the groups that execute a lot agree! If we forget everything before our death, how the hell is lore supposed to progress... relationships don't change... 

As far as we are concerned no group has ever , or will ever, get to a point of hostility where they try to kill you as , every time they try, you forget they tried... 

Seems like a loop hole that ... well sticks us in a loop of short term memory loss :S 

I think I'm just going to ignore that part of the rule to protest against it. If I get banned because I care for my story progression oh well. 

Also heres some beans as credit for pointing it out.

• Diamond

Why? because people abused it in a manner that would allow them to die and remember everything that happened to them just because they can.
Also.

• 3.4 When your character dies you lose all memories from the situation that lead to your death. You also must stay away from the location where you died for 1 hour and not get involved again with the situation that lead to your death. Server restarts, crashes or other OOC events do not affect these restrictions or time limit. This is known as "New Life Rule" (NLR).

I will gladly report you if you abuse this.

Edited by Eagle
  • Server Manager

Didn't we recently have a poll about which variant community prefers, to forget or to remember? AFAIK we went with the majority which was to forget. Can't find the poll right now.

Here it is, check the poll: 

• Sapphire
6 minutes ago, Roland said:

Didn't we recently have a poll about which variant community prefers, to forget or to remember? AFAIK we went with the majority which was to forget. Can't find the poll right now.

Well you got me on this then. I never saw the poll so I guess that's why I didn't know. Even though I disagree, I can't argue if the majority of the server agrees. Thanks for the info rolle.

• Sapphire
50 minutes ago, Eagle said:

I will gladly report you if you abuse this.

-User was cautioned for this post-

10 minutes ago, Roland said:

In my defence I was banned at the time :L 
Tis a shame,  get's rid of so much possibility to progress inter group relations. As said, as far as washington is concerned Kamenici are good blokes who are on good relations with Lawkeepers... not a bunch of guys who executed him a few days ago or anything ?

Which do not get me wrong, on a personal gain note, bloody brilliant. But it does sort of warp the relationship a bit haha. 

But hell, rules are rules so *shrugs* 

• Diamond
9 hours ago, The Traveler said:

Brought back NLR because people were tired of the constant bullshittery that was happening in regards to hostilities. Nothing was being progressed, people refused to PK and would just initiate over and over for fuck all. Better this way imo, even if it has some drawbacks.

Edited by Zero