Server time (UTC): 2021-09-25 03:28

Executions and their purpose

MoodyOG

• Diamond

So as of late I have noticed a large increase in unneeded executions, I think this due in part to the lack of rules regarding executions. IMO a lot of the executions come with mediocre rp and serve no real purpose other than making sure said captive can't comeback with a gun and shoot you.

Also for someone like me it makes it hard to really just go into a hostile group and try to progress my characters/groups lore due to the fact that I believe it'll just end up with me getting unnecessarily executed. Because back in the day when GMTC was around, I had a hostile encounter with them and ever since then I tried going back to their location and making peace and trying to improve relations, and I typically was never executed and the Rp was always amazing even if I got tortured.

Now onto all you wonderful community members: Do you think there should be execution rights and if so please explain why. 

I am looking forward to your opinions and hopefully this topic can help solve some issues with some of the IG situations. 

I feel kinda the same way, how the execution works, now days is just like "Oh we are a hostile group against them, let's just execute them" or there is the other party where "Let's just execute so they don't come back and shoot us". I think there needs to be a more clarification and / or some major changes to the execution rights.

I must admit I think they are too "high" (most i've seen have had decent rp at worst, good RP more commonly). But even at the height of their power groups like S-Gru and SVR never executed on a "regular" basis. 

Only reason I think executions cause a bit of an issue atm isn't "oh wahhh I died" or anything like that. 

It's Lore Progression.... when you die atm you forget all about the circumstances of your "death" due to the NLR... 

Because of that, a load of amazing RP encounters become one shot, none significant things... because people HAVE to forget about them... and the moment a significant about of interactions are forgotten about... 

An example is my boy @RebelRP  with Kamenici executing me on my first day back. I loved it, beautiful RP
giphy.gif

But... because I was executed, Washington forgot all about it... a few days later Washington makes friends with Kamenici and is now ok-ish with them... 

He would of never a million years done that if he'd remembered they'd shot him in the fuckin head 2-3 days earlier ?

This is the only reason I think executions are too high... how are we supposed to progress the lore if we keep forgetting significant chunks of our RP? ? 

Edited by The Traveler

Agree 100%, it's lazy and just means people are less likely to comply even when they're outnumbered as they know they'll just die anyway. A lot of the time I feel it's done just so the executioners have more time to rob and then quickly execute multiple people rather than having to actually RP and then have to actually worry about the kill rights that people have on them. Executing is the easy way out.

• Emerald

Executions from what i've always understood and have been told are suppose to be a end to a story. Someones death with meaning

I've always hated how people would execute for almost any little thing. You lose all that Rp and character progression. Next thing you know people are trying to kill you and you have no idea why. Executions should be the last resort of any hostilities.

• Sapphire
8 minutes ago, Lucky1911 said:

Executions from what i've always understood and have been told are suppose to be a end to a story. Someones death with meaning

I've always hated how people would execute for almost any little thing. You lose all that Rp and character progression. Next thing you know people are trying to kill you and you have no idea why. Executions should be the last resort of any hostilities.

If you get executed you should perm and we should create that as a rule and there has to be a lot of hostilities against that one character 

• Diamond

But there's a flaw there Diamond, because with a set hostilities needed, groups would abuse it and try and hold up that person as much as possible so they can reach this number and be able to execute and perm them. I think what would be best is if we went back to the need to ask permission from said captive to execute them. 

• Sapphire
Just now, MoodyOG said:

But there's a flaw there Diamond, because with a set hostilities needed, groups would abuse it and try and hold up that person as much as possible so they can reach this number and be able to execute and perm them. I think what would be best is if we went back to the need to ask permission from said captive to execute them. 

I mean hosilites as in like if I rob toruture and kill your friends multiple times then you find me you can execute

• Diamond

But you also stated, that if you are executed you should perm is what im saying. If there was a rule for execution I don't think you should have to perm.

I think having to ask permission to execute would be the best thing right now, because we would be able to stop people from trying to just end a hostile act and not worry about the aftermath. 

Like The Travler said these hostile situations that end in executions destroy any attempts at character progression, and honestly I think the best way for character progression is through these hostile acts. But instead if you are executed due to nlr you can't remember the situation you were in thus destroying any character progression you could of had

• Sapphire
2 minutes ago, MoodyOG said:

But you also stated, that if you are executed you should perm is what im saying. If there was a rule for execution I don't think you should have to perm.

I think having to ask permission to execute would be the best thing right now, because we would be able to stop people from trying to just end a hostile act and not worry about the aftermath. 

Like The Travler said these hostile situations that end in executions destroy any attempts at character progression, and honestly I think the best way for character progression is through these hostile acts. But instead if you are executed due to nlr you can't remember the situation you were in thus destroying any character progression you could of had

But it will also stop people from being assholes in character and knowing that if the people they keep fucking with get them they will die for good too 

but I get what ur saying. It’s just weird to execute someone and see them walking around 

Edited by Diamond
  • Diamond

No no no, reread what I said, I am saying there should be nothing that gives someone the ability to execute someone without their consent. Kinda like perma scarring

Personally from what I've seen everyone just wants to execute hostages regardless of the circumstances or even if they've been a fulling complying hostage, straight to the //can we execute you? Makes me feel like everyone is just out for an easy +1 on their kill count

• Diamond

Well the beauty of consent is if you say no and they still do it, then it'll be a rulebreak. But it seems we have all came to the same conclusion, that is that there needs to be a rule regarding executions. 

Hopefully some staff members can comment and voice their opinions.

• Emerald

It just ruins all character progression when getting executed.

person getting shot loses character development  and story. It would make no sense to your character to hate them. You "forget everything. Its dumb.

Well it depends. When it comes to any RP community I'll always be "roleplay over ruleplay", I expect everybody to have a high RP standard. An example of good execution "rights":

A while back I was a member of an absolutely incredible group, The Vale of Shadows ( @Sleepyhead) we were a primarily Cannibal group, however one of our biggest goals unlike most cannibal groups in the past was to keep the fact that we were cannibals a secret for as long as possible. This meant if we knew somebody had found out our secret, or the person had overheard one of our conversation on the subject, we would take them, interrogate them, and if they knew something, ultimately execute them. We believed if our secret got out, every single person in the server would be gunning for us, I mean who wants cannibals running around amirite?

However, executing somebody because "Oh they might come back and shoot me if I don't" I mean, this isn't a 1990's bank robbery film. So do I think there needs to be "guidelines" on it? Not really. Do I think the RP of execution situations needs to be held do a very high standard? Absolutely.

• Diamond

@Rainey The problem is there are no guidelines on it and I am starting to see more and more people abusing it and its sad IMO

Just now, MoodyOG said:

@Rainey The problem is there are no guidelines on it and I am starting to see more and more people abusing it and its sad IMO

IMO, that's where staff discretion comes into play. Staff have all proved themselves to be pretty good RPers, let them decide if they feel the execution was just in the given situation. When you put specific guidelines on it, it really gets rid of a lot of RP as well, like in my above example. 

• MVP

I believe their should be execution rights but I personally think it has to hang with Perma-killing a player. BUT the reason for the execution has to be solid like you killed my best friend or put him in a wheelchair or something like that and not like "Oh you stole my Beanz that one time guess i'll put a bullet in the back of your head"

• Emerald

Executions are a means to end RP for the aggressors. Personally I only would execute people in extreme situations such as they are a traitor to our faction, or betrayed information about us. Something in rp that would very much cause our group or people we know issues. Being a long time bandit, I have learned that good rp has nothing to do with gear, and in many situations I even let those I rob leave with their equipment. The ending of a robbery shouldn't end in an execution. Maybe in reality humanity would turn to survival instincts, and one less person is one less to share resources with. However I would like to think that we would value life as there is not much of it left.

Anyway, if you ever run across me I will never execute you. I will just drag my knife slowly along your arm to your hands, poor hot water on your back or in your eyes... so on. Ergo, don't get caught by me because it will be painful.

• Diamond

I don't know why they went back on these rules and made them bare bone. The rules were fine before, all that needed to be changed was the fact that dynamics and KOS rights were shit. Why can't we just revise it back to where you have to speak both in game and in TS if talking to your pals and all that other shit? I don't know, we asked for one thing to be changed and everything was changed despite it not being needed. It use to be you had to have a certain number of very hostile encounters to be granted execution rights, like PKing someones friend or group member. Everyone just executes for the hell of it nowadays it seems.

Edited by Zero
  • MVP

I am confused and need help. With the current rules can you just execute people whenever you feel like it? Because reading it, it mentions nothing about executions, all it says is:  "You must do everything in your power to keep your hostages alive and in a relatively good health.".

So like how do executions work because from looking at this thread it sounds like some unwritten rule.

• Sapphire

Being forced to perm your character against your will after being executed is beyond unfair. I would hope that every group willing to execute someone would ask for permission to permanently kill the character or execute in the first place.

Keep in mind, we're still players playing a game. It has to be fun for both sides. I have put a lot of heart into my character for it to be executed against my will, which would only make me frustrated and probably stop playing for a while until I think of a whole new character to play. It shouldn't be that simple. You should have to ask permission to execute someone, and perming should be optional, depending on the context.