Jump to content
Server time (UTC): 2019-06-21, 00:24
Sign in to follow this  
Wumbyyy

This is odd

Recommended Posts

@PsiSyndicate

@PsiSyndicate

 

Hello, we would like your thoughts on this. I dont want you to feel as if we are all sitting here attempting to talk ish about you. We are not. I hope you can see that, and I hope you can see our side of this. 

 

 

@The Traveler There ya go buddy. Hopefully we can get Lewis into this discussion and have a good talk. 

Edited by STAN

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, STAN said:

@PsiSyndicate

@PsiSyndicate

 

Hello, we like your thoughts on this. I dont want you to feel as if we are all sitting here attempting to talk ish about you. We are not. I hope you can see that, and I hope you can see our side of this. 

 

 

@The Traveler There ya go buddy. Hopefully we can get Lewis into this discussion and have a good talk. 

This is how the thread should of started tbh... as said, I hope it goes well. Peace everybody! ^_^ 

Share this post


Link to post

I don't know what to say, can't say I didn't expect it, but I'll break down the responses anyway:

 

Timestamps:

- Avoiding RP : 1:04:00 - Explicitly states he does not want to RP

I wanted to meet with my friend before engaging in RP, there is nothing wrong with this.

- Avoiding PR: 1:15:43 - Again, OOCly says "Don't talk to me" and "Leave me alone", clearly not wanting to RP

I wanted to meet with my friend before engaging in RP, there is nothing wrong with this.

- BadRP: 1:28:00 - Force feeds uncooked food to another player

For all intents and purposes, uncooked food has the same effect as cooked food in this build, he seemed to have no issue with it, but my bad.

- RDM/NVFL: 1:37:00 - Attacks another player with melee without a valid initiation (in my opinion), tries to attack the player with melee (who has a m4)

If my memory is correct, it was my teammate who did this, not me, regardless, the guy was a baiting stream sniper, or seemed it.

- BadRP: 1:42:30 - Immediately starts looting the guy knocked out, focuses on gear and disregards RP entirely

We had a deal before we fought, if I won, I would win his gear.

- Killing a complying hostage: 3:56:00 - The dynamic group initiates on others, he clearly sprays down someone with his hands up

I honestly forgot this is a rule because it isn't on any other server I play on, but let's be real for a second, if I DIDN'T kill him, what would he have done considering our situation? Oh, tried to kill me! But yes, if this person wanted to report me, I wouldn't be looking too good, the rest of the stuff above, not so much.

- OOC: 4:18:00 - Discusses with another person IG (over voice) how much he spent on his gear from the item shop

No I didn't, I asked how much his clothes would cost if he were to buy them.

- Killing a complying hostage: 4:56:00 - His mate kills a complying hostage (clearly he used that emote to "put his hands up" and complies)

Not me again.

- Trolling: 5:04:00 - Trolling around with his mate, his mate is playing despacito over the megaphone and shoving it in peoples faces (was this song even release pre-infection?)

Not me again.

 

Just to confirm, I am not "paid to be here" (LOL), I have been banned from DayZRP (temp) in the past. Come up with something more than a witch hunt from someone directly involved, and you'd see that I guess.

 

Yikes.

Edited by PsiSyndicate

Share this post


Link to post
31 minutes ago, STAN said:

But do you agree that the staff have an obligation to pay attention to clear rule breaks on the server they govern? 

Sure, but if the people who were, we’ll say, “victims” of the rulebreaks don’t care why should staff and why should anyone else? If it happens to you, report it, if it doesn’t, don’t worry about it.

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, Quill said:

Sure, but if the people who were, we’ll say, “victims” of the rulebreaks don’t care why should staff and why should anyone else? If it happens to you, report it, if it doesn’t, don’t worry about it.

I suppose thats a good point, but more of a principle thing I guess. 

9 minutes ago, PsiSyndicate said:

I don't know what to say, can't say I didn't expect it, but I'll break down the responses anyway:

 

Timestamps:

- Avoiding RP : 1:04:00 - Explicitly states he does not want to RP

I wanted to meet with my friend before engaging in RP, there is nothing wrong with this.

- Avoiding PR: 1:15:43 - Again, OOCly says "Don't talk to me" and "Leave me alone", clearly not wanting to RP

I wanted to meet with my friend before engaging in RP, there is nothing wrong with this.

- BadRP: 1:28:00 - Force feeds uncooked food to another player

For all intents and purposes, uncooked food has the same effect as cooked food in this build, he seemed to have no issue with it, but my bad.

- RDM/NVFL: 1:37:00 - Attacks another player with melee without a valid initiation (in my opinion), tries to attack the player with melee (who has a m4)

If my memory is correct, it was my teammate who did this, not me, regardless, the guy was a baiting stream sniper, or seemed it.

- BadRP: 1:42:30 - Immediately starts looting the guy knocked out, focuses on gear and disregards RP entirely

We had a deal before we fought, if I won, I would win his gear.

- Killing a complying hostage: 3:56:00 - The dynamic group initiates on others, he clearly sprays down someone with his hands up

I honestly forgot this is a rule because it isn't on any other server I play on, but let's be real for a second, if I DIDN'T kill him, what would he have done considering our situation? Oh, tried to kill me! But yes, if this person wanted to report me, I wouldn't be looking too good, the rest of the stuff above, not so much.

- OOC: 4:18:00 - Discusses with another person IG (over voice) how much he spent on his gear from the item shop

No I didn't, I asked how much his clothes would cost if he were to buy them.

- Killing a complying hostage: 4:56:00 - His mate kills a complying hostage (clearly he used that emote to "put his hands up" and complies)

Not me again.

- Trolling: 5:04:00 - Trolling around with his mate, his mate is playing despacito over the megaphone and shoving it in peoples faces (was this song even release pre-infection?)

Not me again.

 

Just to confirm, I am not "paid to be here" (LOL), I have been banned from DayZRP (temp) in the past. Come up with something more than a witch hunt from someone directly involved, and you'd see that I guess.

 

Yikes.

But why couldnt this be done on the report? Ya know? People just dont like things having the look of being covered up. If that makes sense to you. 

Share this post


Link to post

I'm pretty sure I remember some time when I think it was @Aiko (I could be wrong) reported someone when they were just reading over logs and found someething suspicious and there was no issue banning them there so idk what's happening here.

Edited by Dan

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, PsiSyndicate said:

- Killing a complying hostage: 3:56:00 - The dynamic group initiates on others, he clearly sprays down someone with his hands up

I honestly forgot this is a rule because it isn't on any other server I play on, but let's be real for a second, if I DIDN'T kill him, what would he have done considering our situation? Oh, tried to kill me! But yes, if this person wanted to report me, I wouldn't be looking too good, the rest of the stuff above, not so much.

Thank you for at least responding to the criticism. I clipped this because this rule is stupid. Like I said I'm not advocating for you to get banned I just want to get clarified the SOP regarding the report against you being closed. Roland says one thing, Jim says the other, which is it? Who knows.

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Cipher said:

Thank you for at least responding to the criticism. I clipped this because this rule is stupid. Like I said I'm not advocating for you to get banned I just want to get clarified the SOP regarding the report against you being closed. Roland says one thing, Jim says the other, which is it? Who knows.

Yeah, this is the one thing I will say I did which was defo a rule break (or at least when I last read them REALLY HARD), but of course I still did it for a reason :D!

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, PsiSyndicate said:

Yeah, this is the one thing I will say I did which was defo a rule break (or at least when I last read them REALLY HARD), but of course I still did it for a reason :D!

Honestly not your fault, the rules are too wordy and complicated to grasp from just reading them.

Share this post


Link to post

People who arnt in involved in a report shouldn't report, Their just looking to get people banned. Clear as day. That report was just about getting @PsiSyndicate in trouble. Im not a fan of  his in any nature. @JimRP is staff, he funds this community. He is only reason why we are still able to play. If he has to do things, here and there then let the man do it, Hes doing it for the community. 

 

People who was involved should report it. And if it they dont It has nothing to do with us. People break rules everyday and nobody causes a fuss over it. Its just the fact Psi is famous and people want to get him banned or in trouble and be the person who got him banned. Psi will help the community if he decides to keep playing here after the shit thats been said. 

Edited by EndeavourRP

Share this post


Link to post

Honestly looks like a massive witch hunt on the kid, who goes through a five and a half hour stream just to timestamp every 'rulebreak' that happens. It is a pretty well known thing in the community that you can't report someone unless you were directly involved in it.

Share this post


Link to post

honestly if its true that people break rules all day and you don't report it you're apart of the problem. and i think theres more to it than just a hurr durr i'll get famous for reporting a streamer but hey since when hasn't jumping to conclusions been a popular thing.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Dan said:

I'm pretty sure I remember some time when I think it was @Aiko (I could be wrong) reported someone when they were just reading over logs and found someething suspicious and there was no issue banning them there so idk what's happening here.

It's always been different for staff, no one has ever had an issue with staff reporting things like that even if not involved mainly because we had the tools to do so and others did not. It never happened that often, but when it did, the situations were usually pretty bad. 

Share this post


Link to post

Did @PsiSyndicate fuck up? Yeah.

Did anyone who even met him in game report him? Nope.

Instead a bunch of people have taken it upon themselves to police a streamer that they don't like in the hopes of getting him removed from the community. Jesus just look at This thread from when the stream was live! 

If Someone who actually encountered him wants to step forward and report him please do, If no one steps forward then I don't understand why everyone's upset because we all damn well know that everyone in this community has let someone slide on a report worthy offense at least once in the past. I'd also like to point out that A LOT of the current generation of DayZRP's playerbase including staff are here because of @PsiSyndicate's videos. I'm one of the only members of this community left who has been here through every wave of Psimania, Yes a chunk of the players he brings in will be problematic but 50% of that chunk won't make it past the whitelist, 10% will be banned for breaking the rules and the rest will stick around and create awesome new content for all of us to enjoy.

Share this post


Link to post

I said it before, I'm saying it again. This never was a democracy. Jim and Rolle pay for this project, they can do as they please. It's their investment and they know the best how to handle their own money /shrug.

We're users, not shareholders. Think we should remember that.

Edited by pijkaCZ

Share this post


Link to post

While I agree, people should accept the consequences for their actions I don't agree going on a witch hunt for people.

Those who he supposedly broke rules against didn't put up the report and I think one was talked out?

The 'victims' were fine with what happened, drop the pitchforks and torches and chill lmao.

Share this post


Link to post

Has it ever occurred to anyone that maybe the people who have issues with Psi's level of role play did not encounter him because they specifically chose to avoid him?
 

He clearly wasn't here to do anything but frag and fuck around like he does on A3L, and the people who defend him saying "Lmao none of the victims reported it chill" should try to think about the overall picture and message that he is sending.

 

Arma Life and DayZRP are two levels of roleplay, one being at a significantly higher standard than the other.

Psi's stream does not reflect that, infact it puts DayZRP at a simillar level rather than an elevated level, and it drags us down into the mud which is "drop weps 10 secs" and all the other failrp/badrp scenarios we all hate so much.

 

How can you possibly defend his actions? Like genuinely?

Edited by Ducky

Share this post


Link to post
35 minutes ago, Ducky said:

and the people who defend him saying "Lmao none of the victims reported it chill" should try to think about the overall picture and message that he is sending.

 

-Sniped-

it has been discussed, in the thread that was locked as people kept repeating this same point (rather than talking to the poor guy btw). 

He just went through all the supposed rule breaks, most of em even I, DayZRP's biggest fucking pesimistic arsehole (so much so @Roland banned me for being such a negative cunt ffs) think were fair justifications .

If people had been willing to just ask Psi for his input at the begining of the first frigging thread about this, this whole situation would of been a lot less hostile and "witch hunty" as people are saying... 

There were issues, he's adressed em, if I see him in game and he gives me shit RP or rulebreaks i'll report him, and fuck he's the reason I joined in mod... ! 

But this witch hunt? Nah... it's gone on long enough now I think man. Time to pack it in and let time tell if this was just breaking in back into the game or not for him. 

Genuinely think all that could be said, has been said, and the man himself replied to the accusations... 

/thread @STAN? ❤️ ?

Edited by The Traveler

Share this post


Link to post

Haven't posted anything in a very long time because this place legit depresses me.

 

Seems to me that the place has been taken over and either @Roland has just lost the reins or given up entirely. I see tons of reports being closed after people "talking it out" which to me really seems more like "being bullied into closing it". This though is just plain sad and disheartening. None of that would make it past staff approbation even 9 months ago, but at this point it seems like everyone's just tilting their head down in fear and letting it happen. It's cool, if that's the way they want the place to be and have kids go around the place breaking rules and providing abysmal levels of roleplay, I say let them have it and see where it gets them. At this point the ones who cared about roleplay are mostly all gone, so what's left are going to just go and have their fun breaking rules and no one's gonna do anything about it because the only ones who would report are breaking rules themselves so it's just a big, "hey gimme a break I'll give you a pass too" mentality. #NotMyDayZRP

Share this post


Link to post
30 minutes ago, GenericName said:

Haven't posted anything in a very long time because this place legit depresses me.

-snip-

FopqTp.gif

Now memes aside listen to me very carefully. I have hated some of the rule breaking arseholes who have come through this place 100's of times over the last few years... I missed the days of mod so much it was a frigging meme... I was this community's biggest critic and pessimist... and boy did I let people know it through my page long rants.... 

But this....

This... this amazing, newly reinvigorated, active community, where people do not cower in corners for internal RP for months on end ,where people do things other than sit around fires and seek out fire fights, where lore progresses through players events and interactions (not stagnated through droves of players begging staff to progress it for them) where OOC hatred between players (this current controversy not withstanding) be at an all time low where I have seen good chunks of dead players from both sides of a firefight chilling in TS afterwards and having a laugh as friends (AS IT SHOULD BE).... it is wonderful... 

This dystopian vision you have of the server... no... of the community as a whole right now is the only depressing thing I can see... 

And it is 100% wrong... 

So I have a challenge for you sir... if you want to come here, and try and tip the precipice of true change in the direction of failure through proposing that somehow this brink of a new golden age is nothing more than some dying scream... THEN I CHALLENGE YOU TO! *Drum roll* 

Join us... ^_^  come RP with me, with Free Medics , Saviours, Kamenici , Tortugan State, the plethora of new and old players alike, Stand alone players and players who have been here since the very start of 2013.... 

Allow us the opportunity to prove you wrong... and if you don't like what experience you get after a few weeks, I will personally find a way to reimburse you for your lost time ❤️ 

 

Edited by The Traveler

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Ducky said:

 

I'm not defending him, at all. 

However, I and many others can't really give an opinion on the RP given by him or anyone in the community without it being considered flame and outright 'OOC hate' even though that's not the intention.

Same thing happens if you report someone, I've had friends come to me and say they've been belittled and constantly told that they're wrong on the matter and that 'if the report stays up you'll get banned too' among other things like threats of constant IC harassment (which seemed to happen anyway). 

 

Reports aren't worth the trouble they bring.

 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, GenericName said:

Haven't posted anything in a very long time because this place legit depresses me.

 

Seems to me that the place has been taken over and either @Roland has just lost the reins or given up entirely. I see tons of reports being closed after people "talking it out" which to me really seems more like "being bullied into closing it". This though is just plain sad and disheartening. None of that would make it past staff approbation even 9 months ago, but at this point it seems like everyone's just tilting their head down in fear and letting it happen. It's cool, if that's the way they want the place to be and have kids go around the place breaking rules and providing abysmal levels of roleplay, I say let them have it and see where it gets them. At this point the ones who cared about roleplay are mostly all gone, so what's left are going to just go and have their fun breaking rules and no one's gonna do anything about it because the only ones who would report are breaking rules themselves so it's just a big, "hey gimme a break I'll give you a pass too" mentality. #NotMyDayZRP

1

Rolle lost the reins over the community when he fked the tax man.  JimRP bailed him out giving him the rank of a Co-owner meaning he has as much of a right to do things he feels will benefit their community,
People report rules all the time look at the section it's full of reports on people that have trolled killed people etc. If someone doesn't want an action to be taken against a person because they talked it out is now them being bullied into submission by your standards is just ludicrous, mate stop blowing this out of proportion it's not that bad and the staff team 9 months ago nuked literally every single person that did anything wrong leading to almost no members willing to play on the server, forcing new rules being formed to sustain a more enjoyable community. Btw back then staff had less of a spine then now.

Literally every time a popular streamer or youtuber comes here and plays and gets caught in a rule-break, people legit snoop through there videos or stream to make a point just to get them banned, leading to them not being interested in playing here and going somewhere else because some chap felt the rule break that had nothing to do with him hurt him because ''Rules''.
#:trolle:

Edited by Eagle

Share this post


Link to post

Reporting people for an event you weren't apart of is dumb. Don't care if its a streamer or not. I was one of the people he committed a rulebreak on and I had no intention of reporting it. The pros outweigh the cons. I don't understand how people can talk about how they want a high quality roleplaying server and that him and his followers are bad. Yet all the times the server has had player droughts they were no where to be seen and decide to come out of the woodworks when someone with an audience comes on the server. Really makes you think.

RP elitism is terrible. You want it your way and only your way and are willing to dig up shit no one had a problem with to get it.

Share this post


Link to post

Read the rules and close this stupid thread. Stop trying to remove content creators who will bring more people to a dying sever based of invalid reports. No one is on during the NA time zones, stop cunting my ability to play.  

Share this post


Link to post

Honestly, you shouldn't be able to report people for things you aren't apart of IMO unless it is a thing like hacking or another serious offense of the nature.

I was blatantly KoSed by one of PsiSyn's fans yesterday and he took the exact gear I had on me up to him and said, in game," Hey Psi, want some loot?" He's new, and I don't want the guy banned, though I wouldn't mind coming into contact with him to help coach him on appropriate IC behavior in this community.

This is the equivalent of you being a bystander watching someone tap my car in a very minor fender bender, and I get out and tell them it's all good, no damage or offense taken and you still report it to the police because you want to. People should mind their own business if you aren't involved.

Edited by Hollows

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...