Server time (UTC): 2019-11-14, 15:18
Sign in to follow this  
Jackfish

DayZ Update Thread

5 minutes ago, The Traveler said:

I just really hope this isn't just a rush to 1.0 so they don't get dunked on by steam

That's EXACTLY what this is. They're scrambling together whatever they can, to pass it off as a legitimate 1.0 launch, so Steam doesn't yeet them. I wouldn't expect things like helicopters or most of the guns to be added at any point in 2019, based on their track record over the past 5 years. I'm holding my breath for modding too, as we still don't know how extensive the tools are actually going to be.

1 minute ago, The Traveler said:

Again, this is BI we're talking about. I wouldn't be surprised if they give us only the very barebones of mod tools come 1.0

Really hope that the modding tools isn't barebones (Wouldn't be surprised either) as I feel like the modding tools is what will make or break DayZ SA's success post 1.0 release.

Edited by LightGhillie

Added a new video! Feel free to discuss.

New video added.

Edited by Jackfish

How do I join the server. I have the launcher but it says bad version when I go to join.

Are we on experimental?

2 minutes ago, Moxy said:

How do I join the server. I have the launcher but it says bad version when I go to join.

Are we on experimental?

we JUST moved to stable I believe

Just now, The Traveler said:

we JUST moved to stable I believe

I had to re download dayz, and got the launcher. Just can't join for some reason

Never thought I’d live to see the day

feels so good to finally play this beta

Does anyone know what or if they are going to add stuff in the next update? 

2 hours ago, Jackfish said:

Does anyone know what or if they are going to add stuff in the next update? 

Farming is being added. No new weapons.  

17 minutes ago, Zero said:

Farming is being added. No new weapons.  

giphy.gif

Well I played on some servers that added new weapons, they looked fucking cool (only missing a proper animation but.. who cares?). Maybe we can add more stuff into our mod?  And cant we mod the missing weapons / items back in?

Edited by Jackfish

On 12/9/2018 at 12:30 PM, Jackfish said:

giphy.gif

Well I played on some servers that added new weapons, they looked fucking cool (only missing a proper animation but.. who cares?). Maybe we can add more stuff into our mod?  And cant we mod the missing weapons / items back in?

I hope we can Because I really don't understand why they are releasing 1.0 with LESS content than we had back in 2016. Don't get me wrong I am really glad DayZ SA is finally gaining a little bit of traction and added modding finally but it is still disappointing to see them releasing in this state just so they can get out of EA.

On 12/9/2018 at 9:30 AM, Jackfish said:

giphy.gif

Doubt it, idk why but for some reason people seem super against using content not made by our devs, we could have our own custom mod, but have a dayzrp collection with all the other cool stuff in the workshop. Seems slightly redundant to me that everyone is preaching that modding will save standalone, yet there is little support for the array of mods that exists.

So they 100% confirmed that persistance issues are still an issue ,and they have no intentions of fixing them for the 1.0 release... 

Laziness reaching peak levels bois :L 

I think its even funnier they're raising the price by 10 bucks across the board. Like what is this madness?! 

27,99 EUR / 34.99 USD / 22.99 GBP. After launching the 1.0 update, DayZ will be sold for 37,99 EUR / 44.99 USD / 31.99 GBP

*He would shake his head in disbelief*

Day(light robbery)Z

15 minutes ago, yuthee said:

I think its even funnier they're raising the price by 10 bucks across the board. Like what is this madness?! 

27,99 EUR / 34.99 USD / 22.99 GBP. After launching the 1.0 update, DayZ will be sold for 37,99 EUR / 44.99 USD / 31.99 GBP

*He would shake his head in disbelief*

Day(light robbery)Z

What... they are raising the price of the game before dealing with the game breaking bugs... 

That's honestly disgusting -_-

3 minutes ago, The Traveler said:

What... they are raising the price of the game before dealing with the game breaking bugs... 

That's honestly disgusting -_-

Yep and heres a link in the email they sent me of the full message itself. I'm pretty confused on this very obvious money grab tactic. 

http://data.bistudio.com/mailing/html/dayz-is-leaving-early-access-on-december-1.html

HAHAHA, $45.00 FOR A STRIPPED DOWN VERSION OF DAYZ? WOW, JEEZUZ, LORD HELP ME NOW. This pile of trash ain't worth $35.00, it ain't worth $30.00, it ain't worth $25.00. You'd be stretching it saying it is worth $20.00. Bohemia and it's DayZ devs need to be spanked this Christmas cause this is just naughty as fuck.

Edited by Zero

They announced it would go up in price as the game progressed years ago. I still think it's a game that'll never be finished by the devs, but it's not a shock in the slightest at this point.

And I'd argue the fact I've gotten nearly 2500 hours into the game, it's been worth the $30 I paid for it in 2014.

This game doesn't deserve any sympathy, nor do its developers. It's been five years of broken promises, dogshit development/PR. This isn't 1.0, this is a watered down piece of shit excuse of a game. All 1.0 does is give them an out to wipe Dayz off their hands at any point and say "that's all we intend on developing, bye!". It's 3 fucking days to "launch" and the game is still plagued with bugs. And then they're increasing the price for what is literally an inferior product compared to the end of .62

I would seriously reccomend that people check out Miscreated if you want a decent survival game to play when you're not RPing. It's everything this game wants to be and has come a long way from its rough development start, and launches on December 18th.