Server time (UTC): 2019-11-15, 08:49
Deer Isle Purge
ONGOING | 2019-11-15 00:01:00 (server time) | Ends in 12 hours, 10 minutes | Deer Isle Server | PvP
Sign in to follow this  
Jackfish

DayZ Update Thread

Just saw this video. Melee with a gun is pretty good. (if there is a thread for this please link me it) 

Base buildinggggg

Added a new video

Things we will be missing:

Some changes..

And another one..

Edited by Jackfish

Super psyched. Wonder if there's no other vehicles other than the off-roader, or if they were just spawning off-roaders to test. 

Might seem dumb, but I'm pretty pumped about being able to have a map. 

It has been a bit of fun to play although the cars are a bit fragile...seems like you need only hit a small rock or a bush and they just stop working.  They can drive underwater again however...

Still not sold on the Infected audio but there is still time for that, like the all 4's animation it is kinda creepy!  I love the staggering effect of being hit too and nice to see the death cam back if even for a moment so you see your body fall down!

One of the best thing about the stress test for me was the staggering amount of friendly players I ran into. Everyone was so excited and just wanted help each other test and see the new things.

HYPED

I'll have to give the DayZ devs some credit for realizing their current engine sucked and developing a new engine for this game. Guess that's why it took so long. Better do it late and do it right versus doing it wrong, on time. Maybe.

Cannot wait until .63 becomes stable. Gonna be sooo good.

Legit coming along a lot quicker than even I anticipated... 

Really hype ^_^ 

Seems I need to open up Drivers Ed School to teach people to driver correctly and not wreck themselves, others or their cars :trolle:

@Shanoby

I'd like to schedule some driving lessons, hit me up with prices per lesson and times you're available, cheers.

34 minutes ago, Cipher said:

I'll have to give the DayZ devs some credit for realizing their current engine sucked and developing a new engine for this game. Guess that's why it took so long. Better do it late and do it right versus doing it wrong, on time. Maybe.

And that's kinda the thing, really.  Bohemia's real mistake was realizing that the goal that they wished for this game wasn't possible with the "Arma 2.5" engine.  Instead, they pushed out DayZ amidst the hype from the mod, which I think now they realize was a mistake.  Now that the base of the new engine is complete, it's only a matter of time before DayZ gets to a place where it should have been all along.  I don't think it will take nearly as much time as we are used to, and hopefully there is still a chance to rebuild the overall community for the game.

On topic, the features they are putting in are really going to start fleshing out .63 for when it hits stable.  I can only imagine what the build after will have in store and I'm just overall super excited that the game seems to becoming more and more enjoyable again.

The HUD for vehicles looks much better also.. No more having to guess where to place a tent ? 

This looks great, cant wait for it to come out

1 hour ago, Cid said:

Now that the base of the new engine is complete, it's only a matter of time before DayZ gets to a place where it should have been all along.  I don't think it will take nearly as much time as we are used to, and hopefully there is still a chance to rebuild the overall community for the game.

I deliberately made a steam review of the game the other day to combat all the needless 'hahaha DayZ still in alpha it might release in 2030' bullshit you always get. 

People can't grasp the engine realisation sadly.  If they get the features into this engine and things running smoothly it will be the apex survival sandbox and I am sure player numbers will follow.

Edited by Osmund

1 minute ago, Osmund said:

I deliberately made a steam review of the game the other day to combat all the needless 'hahaha DayZ still in alpha it might release in 2030' bullshit you always get. 

People can't grasp the engine realisation sadly.  If they get the features into this engine and things running smoothly it will be the apex survival sandbox and I am sure player numbers will follow.

People who say that aren't devoid of a point. The state the game is currently in is what it SHOULD have released as in 2013. But instead we got a broken pile of shit for 4 and a half years. 

1 minute ago, Syoto said:

People who say that aren't devoid of a point. The state the game is currently in is what it SHOULD have released as in 2013. But instead we got a broken pile of shit for 4 and a half years. 

True enough and I understand the point what I object to is the constant bashing and memeing over the game based on nothing but prior expectations.  It beggars belief that people that have played the game for 1000's of hours can give it so much stick.  When you work out out your entertainment cost per hour on that it is so low as to be a complete bargain. 

What do people want?  A game that has limitations and would already be dead or something that looks like it now has a future?  For a broken pile of shit it has done pretty well really!

1 minute ago, Osmund said:

True enough and I understand the point what I object to is the constant bashing and memeing over the game based on nothing but prior expectations.  It beggars belief that people that have played the game for 1000's of hours can give it so much stick.  When you work out out your entertainment cost per hour on that it is so low as to be a complete bargain. 

What do people want?  A game that has limitations and would already be dead or something that looks like it now has a future?  For a broken pile of shit it has done pretty well really!

My first 400 hours were from pubbing. I played it because, while I recognised it as a shit game, it was my first survival game and I was addicted to it. Since then, I don't play this game for the game itself, I play it for the RP this community provides. I wouldn't even have reinstalled it were it not for this community.

What I want is for Bohemia's management to get their shit together. Their studio is very experienced in the game industry. There is no excuse for the first 5 years of pathetic development and uncountable broken promises.

Anyway, I won't derail this thread any further, I've said my thing ?

7 minutes ago, Syoto said:

There is no excuse for the first 5 years of pathetic development and uncountable broken promises.

The development of a whole new engine for DayZ is a good enough reason for me.

Also on a completely unrelated note, what's your avatar from? It looks awesome. 

2 minutes ago, OliverPlotTwist said:

The development of a whole new engine for DayZ is a good enough reason for me.

Also on a completely unrelated note, what's your avatar from? It looks awesome. 

I'll PM ya the source

Added a new video. Our first look at basebuilding.

Added a new video. Thanks Bohemia. 

Damn, the base-building looks so confusing. Hopefully they make the base-building a little more user friendly.

Bummed that things are being postponed for a rushed 1.0 release, but glad everything is all still coming.  I think I'll be more upset if those post-1.0 updates take forever to come out.  Either way, with full modding support, anything DayZ doesn't get fast enough will likely be covered by the community in one way or another.

Added things that we will be missing in the beta.

On 10/24/2018 at 12:27 AM, Cid said:

Bummed that things are being postponed for a rushed 1.0 release, but glad everything is all still coming.  I think I'll be more upset if those post-1.0 updates take forever to come out.  Either way, with full modding support, anything DayZ doesn't get fast enough will likely be covered by the community in one way or another.

Yeah... this is the equivilant of a kid rushing his homework because he left it till last minute. 

I just really hope this isn't just a rush to 1.0 so they don't get dunked on by steam, and then go back to being slow bois because "Lol no more repercussions! ❤️ " 

Either way yes, modding tools will support us if the worst case scenario happens ^_^