Server time (UTC): 2021-09-25 12:09

Need Help With How My Character Came To Chernarus.

Absense

• Sapphire

Planning on making a new character and getting back into the server after a short break.

My new character will be 15. I want to just say that he just walked into Chernarus from one of the borders, but time and time again I'll say that for a character in-game and someone will just say "I thought the military guards the border and shoots anyone who tries to get through." Which leaves me not knowing what to tell them. 

So I need some Ideas for how a 15 year old finds his way to Chernarus. I don't want to say he has always been here either. It's been more than a year since the outbreak, he wouldn't just surface from the woods now. My mans not a camouflage genius who also has a stash of food to last him a year without having to leave his nuke bunker.

So any ideas?

• Sapphire

came on vacation before the outbreak? adopted by chernarussians? I dont really, know my mans, just try to think of something ? 

• Sapphire
Just now, Descendants said:

came on vacation before the outbreak? adopted by chernarussians? I dont really, know my mans, just try to think of something ? 

That's my problem. I don't have any ideas.

• Emerald

The sole survivor of a helicopter crash works out well.

Seriously, you could also RP that you have been here for a year, gone through some stuff, invent some stories of hiding out with a group up north, things like that.

There is no real reason that you would just show up now a year later, unless stories like trying to find someone etc.

Edited by Unknown Entity
  • Sapphire
Just now, Unknown Entity said:

The sole survivor of a helicopter crash works out well.

Seriously, you could also RP that you have been here for a year, gone through some stuff, invent some stories of hiding out with a group up north, things like that.

There is no real reason that you would just show up now a year later, unless stories like trying to find someone etc.

That's a good idea actually. The heli crash. I can work with that. Thanks man.

• Legend

You can always sneak in, you know?

People sneak in all the time, look at the US Boarder. ? (Not baiting, but no seriously people sneak in all the time undetected.) There's no way they have every single inch of the border blocked off or watched constantly.

Maybe you paid your way in? Paid off a guard? 

Maybe you took a boat? Which dropped you off on shore?

Maybe you were already in Chernarus and only now decided to come out of hiding after being in the woods/a boarded up house/etc for so long in search of food? 

• Sapphire
1 minute ago, Brayces said:

You can always sneak in, you know?

People sneak in all the time, look at the US Boarder. ? (Not baiting, but no seriously people sneak in all the time undetected.) There's no way they have every single inch of the border blocked off or watched constantly.

Maybe you paid your way in? Paid off a guard? 

Maybe you took a boat? Which dropped you off on shore?

Maybe you were already in Chernarus and only now decided to come out of hiding after being in the woods/a boarded up house/etc for so long in search of food? 

I just don't like that method because when ever I tell someone that's how I got in, they act like its impossible. They question it and then it just kills the rp for me at that moment. Sometimes it doesn't happen, but it usually does. The boat one is a good one though. I've used that before and it makes sense to use. Thanks for the info though.

I've had 3 primary characters in this community, they've all made their way to Chernarus under different circumstances.

Mack James - a journalist in Chernarus for I can't remember what and didn't make it out when the outbreak started

Jeremiah Neumann - was in Iceland (one of the only places unaffected by the outbreak in the old lore) and was volunteered for a suicide expedition by the Icelandic government

Harrison Foulke - was overwatching an illegal shipment of cars from America to Eastern Europe and got stuck in transit

Hopefully these give you some ideas. You can really get away with a lot here, be creative!

• Sapphire
1 minute ago, Cipher said:

I've had 3 primary characters in this community, they've all made their way to Chernarus under different circumstances.

Mack James - a journalist in Chernarus for I can't remember what and didn't make it out when the outbreak started

Jeremiah Neumann - was in Iceland (one of the only places unaffected by the outbreak in the old lore) and was volunteered for a suicide expedition by the Icelandic government

Harrison Foulke - was overwatching an illegal shipment of cars from America to Eastern Europe and got stuck in transit

Hopefully these give you some ideas. You can really get away with a lot here, be creative!

Thanks man. These are good ideas. I like the third one, so I might adapt it and change it around a little to fit my character. Thanks, really appreciate it.

• Diamond

They were on a plane heading from another country when the plane crashed in the Chernogorsk hotel.

Mum and Dad are news reporters, wanting the inside scoop on Chernarus, brought you along because "Lol parents who are too into their work and have no free time to do anything but bring kids on assignments"... news helecopter nearly gave the border guards the slip, but got blown the fuck up just as they were landing. 

Plausible way of getting in, way to keep you stranded and kills your mom and pap before you even get your feet on the ground ^_^ 

Maybe, just maybe,  I didn't quite understood the lore... isn't whole world gone to shit? Who would be guarding borders, when the situation is same in every other place? Quoting from the lore section, I can't seem to find a single reason why crossing the border at this point (day 400+ of infection) would be impossible. What would be the reason to try to contain Chernarus outbreak, when every country is suffering same way?

After two weeks, the majority of Chernarus was a desolate burnt-out shadow of its former self. By the conclusion of week two, Ukraine and Turkey were suffering from a total societal breakdown, and many areas across Europe, Asia, and the Americas were containing major outbreaks in and around transportation hubs.

So it was, the decline of humanity was insured by the failures of our own arrogance. While our globalized society connected people in ways unfathomable by our ancestors, it also revealed a vital flaw in our very being. As a result of our interconnectivity, the infection was able to travel far and wide before anyone was able to throw the alarm. From Tokyo to Paris, Anchorage to Buenos Aires, the infected walked among us and war raged. Our nature of abstract blindness made us weak and vulnerable, and thus we suffered. Even what was occurring in one's own country was secondary to the drama unfolding right in their own neighborhoods. Similar stories would play out within nearly every country and continent on earth, all with one inevitable final climax. After a month, the remains of a global society was crucified on the graves of those who built it. However, resistance to the virus and its after effects remained as entire nations attempted to eradicate the threat in the midst, the winners and losers of this titanic clash yet to be determined.

How far has the infection spread?

The outbreak of the infection begins in July of 2017, and due to Miroslavl and Novigrad being international hubs, the infection was able to escape chernarus and spread globally. By July 24th, there are outbreaks in most major countries, some big and some small. Turkey and Ukraine are almost completly overrun.

Edited by DerrickStorm

To add:

You could just say you've arrived through russian border. You just went through different checkpoints and they we're abandoned and you don't even know at what point you've crossed the border.

That story can be as true as people stating that there's a fully operational checkpoint somewhere. As true as every single story I hear from foreign survivors talking about what's going on home...

Edited by DerrickStorm