Server time (UTC): 2021-09-18 14:15

Blood, Bullets and Politics
TODAY | 2021-09-18 20:00:00 (server time) | Starts in 5 hours, 44 minutes

Body Types

Razareth

• Emerald

Well, it is me again and after seeing the hilarious video of a body glitch:

It got me thinking...

Would it be possible, once BETA rolls around in 2948 to do body modifications.

Like having 3 Body Types in the Character Creation screen:
Type 1 - Child
Type 2 - Normal
Type 3 - Bulky/Fat

It would help a lot just on a visual queue to know when you are dealing with a Child Character or just a "Child" at heart Character.

• Diamond

Possible, yes. Doable? Highly unlikely. From what I understand it would suffer from the same problems with people wanting toggable hoods on raincoats and other clothing. The entire player skeleton apparently would be need to reworked and any ALL the clothing redone to fit properly on the skeleton. 

• Emerald
1 hour ago, Zero said:

-snip-

I see. Unfortunately I'm not a developer, nor do I really know the scope of the modding tools once they would be fully implemented.

Though I suppose our current developer has looked at the character skeleton.

If they are separate entities there might be an way to accomplices it.

The hoods would be possible if you make two separate items (hood + raincoat) the hood would be in the background sharing a slot with the hats. Once enable (put hood over head) it would switch our visual position with the hat slot.

This becomes more difficult with different hat pieces, but you would be required to remodel the raincoat (to show without the hood on the back) and hoodie (to show with either no hat or different onces).

An project like that would require more then just an developer. It would require an modeller as well.

This on top of it only being possible with it the character skeleton supports it.

Something similar I suppose would then had to be used for making different body types.

Definitely not an easy task to undertake.

Edited by Razareth
  • Legend

Well, first off ..

All clothing, weapons, animations, items, interactions would need to be reworked for different model types. ?

Child sized, you'd have to decide whether to maintain the same hitbox ratio or not. And from that ensure all clothing fits ... All weapons sit correctly, all animations are posed at the correct height, all jumping is scaled, all blood and bone values are set correctly. It would be a huge endeavor and is usually built into the games framework as a functionality before any models are actually added in. 

Ever play Skyrim? Ever mod it to play as a child character or a dwarf or a horse or a dog? Notice how the swords and weapons float in front of you and how people will aim and smack at the space above your actual head to where your hitbox is? We would have the same issues here. 

Also people would pick child models simply to have a better advantage to PvP as, ya know, they be short and harder to see. ? It's why height sliding is only ever ever so slight in games and usually keeps the same hitboxes in MMOs as to not give shorter players an advantage which then breaks immersion because you think you're behind a wall and suddenly a bullet whizzes over your head and you die because it hit your hit box. 

Whomp, whomp.

While I don't doubt smaller models, or fatter models will be added in by other modders in order to not have them mostly broken they would need a full re-working! But, I too long for different character types. I am hoping in the least we can get some different skins uploaded! ? Those would just be textures! 

• MVP
1 minute ago, Brayces said:

Child sized, you'd have to decide whether to maintain the same hitbox ratio or not.

inb4 all the PVPers pick child characters to make their hitbox smaller.

@Razareth I like the idea, but as @Brayces said;

2 minutes ago, Brayces said:

All clothing, weapons, animations, items, interactions would need to be reworked for different model types.

I don't see Bohemia taking their time to do this, and if they did it would probably take them another 5 years.

• Emerald

8 minutes ago, Banshee said:

You need to act like the type of body you have.

People somehow glitching themselves into a child body, which is fine by me, should act like children.
So they don't get to fire high powered rifles, and should pack lightly and act like a child.

If it comes to the fact you are harder to hit as a child, people will be abusing that benefit and we'd have hoards of supersoldier midgets running around carrying backpacks roughly the same size as them.
It would definitely kill the immersion. 

Oh god not the Child RPers again! ?

MAKE IT STAHP! 

8 minutes ago, Osaka said:

If it comes to the fact you are harder to hit as a child, people will be abusing that benefit and we'd have hoards of supersoldier midgets running around carrying backpacks roughly the same size as them.

I changed my mind this sounds awesome! Army of little lamplight from fallout 3 let's go haha 

• Emerald
11 minutes ago, Osaka said:

-snip-

This ^ @Brayces

That was my point I was about to make. There would need to be restrictions tied to said body type.

First off an Fat Body Type would have less stamina. As usually large people can't travel or run far.

An Child Body Type would have weight increase. Wearing something like a platecarrier while being a Child should be nearly impossible. It would drain your stamina entirely. You could even once soft skils finally gets added in, apply an increase to weapon sway for them. So child character would need to survive twice as long as normal characters to be weapon experts.

Of course this suggestion is more speculation and enjoying a good laugh.

Edited by Razareth
12 hours ago, Zero said:

Possible, yes. Doable? Highly unlikely. From what I understand it would suffer from the same problems with people wanting toggable hoods on raincoats and other clothing. The entire player skeleton apparently would be need to reworked and any ALL the clothing redone to fit properly on the skeleton. 

I think you might want to see this and rejoice with me

Edited by Guest
4 hours ago, Banshee said:

This was my first thought also, like others have said implementing it now I assume would require a fair amount of reworking models etc.

Edited by Scottd
  • Emerald

Please implement. I wanna cry again in a fit of laughter while playing the server.

• Emerald

More customization = gud

As long as it doesn't look as weird as in the video, I'm all for child and fat characters.

@WhiskeyFoxtrot Ugandan child soldiers when?