Server time (UTC): 2021-09-18 13:20

Blood, Bullets and Politics
TODAY | 2021-09-18 20:00:00 (server time) | Starts in 6 hours, 39 minutes

Bring Beans Back to Reports

RecklessRDM

Bring Back Da Beanz  

72 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Sapphire

This is not a meme, but it is a meme endorsement

I think that this community needs to bring beans back to the report section of the forums. Some of my fondest memories of this community have come from the forums, more specifically, the forum tab. Most of the people in this community are pretty friendly people, of course there is the occasional bad egg. The majority, however, tends to be pretty chill. 

Lately, there has been a decent bit of OOC salt. The salt usually persists all the time, for whatever reason there will always be salt. I myself have fallen victim to getting a little heated towards super-groups on the occasion. Reports don't help that at all. Reports didn't use to be so negative unless the person being reported (or reporting) was just an asshole. We used to just all be friends and make a positive out of reports by just beaning the ever living shit out of them. 

Just think about it. Those of you who are here now that were here a while ago when beans were in reports. Tell me that you've never laughed at a bean war within a report. Yes- at times it did get out of hand, but so does ooc salt. Just watch this video... Yikes

Of course, no bad blood to those inside this clip. But I think that i beans were still in reports, OOC tensions wouldn't be so high. 

Questions?, Comments?, Snide Remarks? Im honestly curious as to the community feedback to this. 

• Sapphire

yes

• Sapphire
Just now, Diamond said:

yes

Im glad someone has seen the light just as I 

• Legend

hell yeah brother

• Sapphire
Just now, Sleepyhead said:

hell yeah brother

everyone wants it my individual

How good would it be if you pull off a top quality flame bait and one of the staff rewards you with some beans?

In all seriousness i think it would definitely encourage some to be a little more polite/nice in reports, also never seen a bean war myself but it sounds fun.

Edited by Matthew1996
  • Sapphire
1 minute ago, Matthew1996 said:

How good would it be if you pull off a top quality flame bait and one of the staff rewards you with some beans?

In all seriousness i think it would definitely encourage some to be a little more polite/nice in reports, also never seen a bean war myself but it sounds fun.

see, it all makes sense

Well as everyone knows, I am american on my dog's side. So I am all for a bit of war. 

LET THE BEANZ FLOW! ❤️ 

• Diamond

OH LORD HAVE MERCY!! Let the beanz flow

• Legend

let loose the beanz of war

• Sapphire

It would seem I have rallied the masses, It is up to our overlords now. 

I dont wanna be the negative nancy, but I personally don't like Beanz in reports. Reports should be for evidence, and PoVs.

Not for heated banter, and digs calling people kids, boys, idiots, w/e insulting thing to get your friends to plus one you over. The occasional joke is great in reports, but they are very few and far between. Mostly its people plus 1ing there friends for taking the piss out of someone they dont like. 

-1 from me ?

Favorite part about DayZRP was flamebaiting so yeah

My lawyers have instructed me to redact this comment and I must now disagree with this sentiment. Bringing back BeanZ will do nothing but encourage more lowkey digs in what is supposed to be a non-biased, objective part of the forums.

Edited by Guest
  • Sapphire
6 minutes ago, Cipher said:

Favorite part about DayZRP was flamebaiting so yeah

My lawyers have instructed me to redact this comment and I must now disagree with this sentiment. Bringing back BeanZ will do nothing but encourage more lowkey digs in what is supposed to be a non-biased, objective part of the forums.

12 minutes ago, JoffreyRP said:

I dont wanna be the negative nancy, but I personally don't like Beanz in reports. Reports should be for evidence, and PoVs.

Not for heated banter, and digs calling people kids, boys, idiots, w/e insulting thing to get your friends to plus one you over. The occasional joke is great in reports, but they are very few and far between. Mostly its people plus 1ing there friends for taking the piss out of someone they dont like. 

-1 from me ?

I’m not encouraging the flame in reports, I just think the occasional chuckle isn’t going to hurt anyone. It just needs to be moderated as it was before.

• Diamond

Like the time someone killed @JimRP and got over 20 BeanZ before they got removed ?
#Bringthemback

• Emerald

Let me guess, I'm the only one having not a single clue what this is about?

Beanwars in reports? uwotm8?

• MVP

I think beanz in reports is bad. It encourages more sarcasm and flaming behaviour so other people can get a laugh and applaud them for it. Meanwhile the opposite party (depending on the person) will feel like shit.

Beanz in reports in my personal opinion, encourage bad behaviour/attitude to see who is the big bad boy up in the reports and can get away with it whilst their friends +1 it. As well as seeing how much they can push their luck on such a thing.

• Sapphire
1 hour ago, Reckless said:

*video*

That's my clip, honestly there's no OOC tensions because you don't see me complaining on their group page(s). I think Mr.Panda is a pretty cool guy, I honestly thought at first they were another one of those people running around RDMing people because I encountered that a few hours before at the airfield when I was shot at and survived. I thought we'd just walk away from the situation and forget about it but they shot me which what unfortunate and made me upset but I roleplayed with them later and I felt a lot better.

Just because I get pissed because I died doesn't mean I hate a certain group, this is kind-of why I hate posting videos because people will think my anger issues mean I hate a person or group.

• Server Manager

Unfortunately this will not happen. I have observed significant reduction of poor and edgy behavior in report and appeal sections since the removal of BeanZ. I want to keep reports solely to the purpose they serve - finding and punishing rule breakers, and doing it as efficiently as possible, without having to deal with people intentionally fucking around to get a pat on the back from their peers or staff members wanting to be cool and funny and posting gifs in verdict. 

• Emerald
1 hour ago, Roland said:

Unfortunately this will not happen. I have observed significant reduction of poor and edgy behavior in report and appeal sections since the removal of BeanZ. I want to keep reports solely to the purpose they serve - finding and punishing rule breakers, and doing it as efficiently as possible, without having to deal with people intentionally fucking around to get a pat on the back from their peers or staff members wanting to be cool and funny and posting gifs in verdict. 

Reports are supposed to be serious threads. So I guess having "beanz games" over the necks of people trying to either get someone banned, or prevent getting banned is not the kind of thing you even want.

I do liked the idea of a "report discussion" before going formal to be back.... But I guess that's also gone for a reason.

• Legend

Reports are not places to gather public opinion on who did a dank PoV and dunked on some scrubs by yeeting #dab kek :^) tyty or whatever. Reports are meant to be handled in a serious (as much as we can muster) manner and beanz have no place there and only incite poor behavior from those being called in to the Reports via encouragement of beanzing posts. 

Since their removal I feel many of the PoVs and report posts are way less edgy and way less "amirite guyz lol tyvmtyvm". Before we removed them I felt many posts were some vain attempt to gather approval from friend groups (in a very sad way ... ) via beanz and only led to more salt and OOC dislikes. 

I'm with Joffery and Roland. -1. 

• Legend

I miss getting beanz for my verdicts. +1 tbh

I agree with Rolle, no beanz for report posts.  All it did was rile up the community and encourage beanz grabbing edgy POVs and snarky comments. Plus, to be fair, solo players and smaller groups were always at a disadvantage when it came to report beanz wars.  So, 

-1 for me

Edited by Guest
3 minutes ago, Jamie said:

I miss getting beanz for my verdicts. +1 tbh

If we had negative and positive beanz, I’d be okay with beanz for verdicts.  Just kidding, I think reports should be beanz free.