Server time (UTC): 2021-09-25 01:03

Blood Types

Razareth

• Emerald

So, in the spirit of RP and with 0.63 being such a success thus far I decided to watch FrankieonPC's DayZ videos again.

He got me into DayZ and made me search out RP Communities.

That is not the reason why I made this thread, otherwise it would be in General and the Title would be different.

What I want to suggest or find out if possible, is your Blood Type. As Frankie mentioned something rather cool, that I think would be neat to try and implement.

I know blood hasn't been a thing in DayZ for a while since Saline got implemented. However, RP wise it would be nice permanently knowing your Blood Type.

Like having it linked to your Account or my personal choice, your Character.

Do you think there is place for a System like this?

• Legend

Calling in @Kerkkoh for his POV. Please provide any video evidence if acquired. 

Maybe have an option in character pages what blood type you want to be, then that will link to an ingame function where you can only use one type of bloodbag? Not too sure how hard that'd be tho

• Emerald

You can already permanently know your blood type by using a blood tester on yourself.
On that "life" you will know your bloodtype, and it'll display in your HUD.

• Legend
6 minutes ago, Osaka said:

You can already permanently know your blood type by using a blood tester on yourself.

He means permanently even after death. 

• Emerald
26 minutes ago, Osaka said:

I know that.

20 minutes ago, Jamie said:

He means permanently even after death. 

Correct. In Rust your Character model is linked to your Copy of Rust. You can't change it.

My suggestion/question is, is something similar possible for Blood Types in DayZ.

My Character has been A+ for multiple deaths now, but after the 0.63 update it jumped from AB+ to O+ and B-.

I have it that my Character's Blood Type should be A+, but currently in-game it is O+. That breaks the immersion for me personally as I can't be true to the Character.

An small issue I know, but I merely curious if it is possible to develop an solution.

• Emerald
32 minutes ago, Razareth said:

I know that.

Correct. In Rust your Character model is linked to your Copy of Rust. You can't change it.

My suggestion/question is, is something similar possible for Blood Types in DayZ.

My Character has been A+ for multiple deaths now, but after the 0.63 update it jumped from AB+ to O+ and B-.

I have it that my Character's Blood Type should be A+, but currently in-game it is O+. That breaks the immersion for me personally as I can't be true to the Character.

An small issue I know, but I merely curious if it is possible to develop an solution.

Aaaah okay, then I completely misunderstood your point..

• Emerald
40 minutes ago, Osaka said:

Aaaah okay, then I completely misunderstood your point..

No problem, I believe I presented the suggestion incorrectly.

While you are correct upon a characters lifespan to keep one blood type.

What I hope for is the possibility to enable an option on your character page, linking it to in-game character.

Doing so would either randomly or by player choice assign an blood type to the character.

For instance your character Nikolai would be blood type A-, upon death Nikolai will remain A- until the character page is changed and a new blood type is assign.

• Emerald

Blood type should be a character option if at all possible in the future. yeah I agree

• Diamond

If it was even possible the issue would be people would just pick O- as a blood type, which is universal donor.

• Emerald
30 minutes ago, Zero said:

If it was even possible the issue would be people would just pick O- as a blood type, which is universal donor.

Everybody is a supersoldier. So they have all the bloodtypes at the same time. We roll like that in Chernarus.
Bloodtypes are for pussies, Western spies and Russians.

• MVP
2 hours ago, Osaka said:

Everybody is a supersoldier. So they have all the bloodtypes at the same time. We roll like that in Chernarus.
Bloodtypes are for pussies, Western spies and Russians.

You are forgetting about Nikolai's bloodborne hidden supersoldier abilities that allow him to jump over anything.

• Developer

Only way I can see this working at the moment is if every time you create a new character, the website uses probabilities just like the game currently does and assigns the blood type to your character and then we relay that to the server and attach it to the player. It's possible, don't know if it's exactly a priority right now though.

• Emerald
9 minutes ago, Kerkkoh said:

Only way I can see this working at the moment is if every time you create a new character, the website uses probabilities just like the game currently does and assigns the blood type to your character and then we relay that to the server and attach it to the player. It's possible, don't know if it's exactly a priority right now though.

Oh I by no means want this to be a high priority. This is more for when BETA finally arrives and we have full access to the modding tool and system.

I was merely curious if such a system could be possible.