Server time (UTC): 2019-06-18, 04:22
Sign in to follow this  
Osaka

"over the line" Roleplay?

Why is this still up? Even an admin said that ooc consent is required, so no one's gonna hunt you down and rape you against your will. Say //no and it won't happen, just like a //no will prevent you from getting cut up if you don't feel like it. 

Ngl I've never really seen this happen in the first place and now people make it seem like it is as common as being initiated on. 

Rape is disgusting but if two people wanna do this kind of thing between them why is it your problem? 

49 minutes ago, yuthee said:

Last time I checked... yep. Still there.

Permanent:

• Unwelcome or immature sexual RP

Why the rule was removed from the rules page I do not know or understand why.

Well, okay so it IS still here somehow...just hidden somewhere else. I didn't think of looking at those yet.

You are actually the only one so far to answer my initial question.
So yes, there we have it /thread.

Yay.

I don't know about this one chief.

4 minutes ago, Nihoolious said:

I don't know about this one chief.

Well, Rolle is being very clear now actually

It's in the registration agreement, RECOMMENDED age is now 18 due to player created content. It was changed when we changed the rules, new whitelist system stopped asking for age and we no longer ask people to do age verification.

So basically the punishment for "unwanted or immature" sexual roleplay on this server is permaban.
And per country it kind of depends how long you go to jail for "cybersex" with a 14 year old.... because the "recommended" age is 18... That doesn't mean everybody is.
So you better just avoid sexual RP altogether since you can't possibly get a decent ID check ingame.

I guess it's just safe to say. "DON'T DO IT". There, solved.

16 minutes ago, Osaka said:

Well, Rolle is being very clear now actually

It's in the registration agreement, RECOMMENDED age is now 18 due to player created content. It was changed when we changed the rules, new whitelist system stopped asking for age and we no longer ask people to do age verification.

So basically the punishment for "unwanted or immature" sexual roleplay on this server is permaban.
And per country it kind of depends how long you go to jail for "cybersex" with a 14 year old.... because the "recommended" age is 18... That doesn't mean everybody is.
So you better just avoid sexual RP altogether since you can't possibly get a decent ID check ingame.

I guess it's just safe to say. "DON'T DO IT". There, solved.

You really do overthink things, don't you?

2 hours ago, Eagle said:

Mate this thread feels like it's filling a void that doesn't exist none of these acts will ever be allowed nor have they been acted upon and not punished.
There are already rules that aren't made 100% clear on that page that can ban you even once that aren't there as it all comes down to the mindset of the GM team since they have the final say.
ERP is cringe and when done in public is mostly done for attention and troll, back in the day people got permed on the spot for it.
Rape RP in the public eye isn't allowed period.
The case Mia brought up I was there and she was not going to be gang raped it was @Siorre saying he would ride a train on her or some shit that was it.

Nah, that’s not at all what Siorre said, Eagle.  I was trying to avoid going into detail or calling out anyone, but you went there, so, I will too.  

Siorre told me he’d line his guys up so they could f**k me if I didn’t talk.  Prior to saying that tidbit he asked me if I was offering sexual favors, emoted whipping me across the chest, emoted kicking me, and yelled at me non stop.  And he kept asking me the same questions over and over.  Questions I couldn’t answer because I hadn’t played for two weeks because I had been out of the county.  I tried to //OOC tell you guys that, but, that didn’t go well at all.

The video you all posted as evidence didn’t capture everything that happened.  The guy who recorded the encounter wasn’t there in the beginning and was tabbed out when I was being threatened with rape.  Staff didn’t question it and I was too green to know to bring it up myself. The only proof I had was Siorre admitting to it in PMs.  To make matters worse, I had to show the PMs to my group’s leader so he’d stop calling me a liar behind my back.  Jesus, kinda like real life, huh?

That night was the absolute worst RP experience I’ve ever had on this server.  In the end the only thing that mattered was that I ruined your group’s opportunity to role play beating the shit out of a woman while threatening her with rape.  

Here’s one last thought, you guys may have known it was never going to go past a threat of rape, but, guess what?  I didn’t.  Put yourself in my shoes and try to understand how I felt that night instead of making light of it.  My perception was as real and valid as anyone else’s.  Maybe more so because I was the sole female sounded by a bunch of guys in a feeding frenzy.

And now I’m going to apologize to everyone for my tirade.  This incident happened almost two years ago; I didn’t realize it was still such a sore subject for me.  

Edited by Mia

1 hour ago, Mia said:

Nah, that’s not at all what Siorre said, Eagle.  I was trying to avoid going into detail or calling out anyone, but you went there, so, I will too.  

Siorre told me he’d line his guys up so they could f**k me if I didn’t talk.  Prior to saying that tidbit he asked me if I was offering sexual favors, emoted whipping me across the chest, emoted kicking me, and yelled at me non stop.  And he kept asking me the same questions over and over.  Questions I couldn’t answer because I hadn’t played for two weeks because I had been out of the county.  I tried to //OOC tell you guys that, but, that didn’t go well at all.

The video you all posted as evidence didn’t capture everything that happened.  The guy who recorded the encounter wasn’t there in the beginning and was tabbed out when I was being threatened with rape.  Staff didn’t question it and I was too green to know to bring it up myself. The only proof I had was Siorre admitting to it in PMs.  To make matters worse, I had to show the PMs to my group’s leader so he’d stop calling me a liar behind my back.  Jesus, kinda like real life, huh?

That night was the absolute worst RP experience I’ve ever had on this server.  In the end the only thing that mattered was that I ruined your group’s opportunity to role play beating the shit out of a woman while threatening her with rape.  

Here’s one last thought, you guys may have known it was never going to go past a threat of rape, but, guess what?  I didn’t.  Put yourself in my shoes and try to understand how I felt that night instead of making light of it.  My perception was as real and valid as anyone else’s.  Maybe more so because I was the sole female sounded by a bunch of guys in a feeding frenzy.

The chap is permabanned so naming and shaming him is well void because he did that himself, what I was trying to get at was that he was the only one with us doing that bs none of us agreed with it nor went to join in on the rape comment, you then raised yourself up and punched puncture? in the face ending with you getting shot and banned for NVFL.

None of the acts he threatened with words would have even happened as none of us would have allowed it to happen, the reason it wasn't questioned was that they were only words nothing more like a fear tactic when you tell someone you're going to cut their fking eyes out or nose etc and the fact that it was impossible to confirm you cared at the time about the situation due to lack OOC comments regarding the matter.

Fact that you were a woman mattered little into getting beaten as from what I remember you worked with our enemies at the time, we did it to men pretty much any time we saw fit so just being a women means you'll still get treated the same as any other hostage, many situations I've heard worse things being said  then rape like ''I'll shove a gun up their ass, I'll force a knife down there throats cut of your hands/feet and a lot more'' Then people losing tongues eyes facial features etc.
If that was your logic to kill yourself then I guess we got a dead corpse out of it?
I will make this clear the only man who said those words was Siorre as he was left in charge of interrogations during that situation none of the members in that situation went and bombarded you with rape comments and again I can't stress this enough you being a women matter little into the RP, if you were a man you would have still been beaten up for the answers, OOC comments towards that Intel not being viable was up to the man in charge of the situation as you worked with our enemies at the time.
Did I agree with his wording, no I never did and no I'm not making light out of the comments, but the situation was the act of a singular man when it came to those words not multiple.

Edited by Eagle

I'm all for RP, even unconsentual sexual encounters. BUT.. it has to be done right. These things are real life events that happen to victims and it has to be set-out accordingly. However, rape could be considered power-gaming under:

• 3.6 You are not allowed to force an action, condition or belief upon another players character beyond what the game mechanics allow, unless the action is specifically allowed by the other player. This is called power gaming.

I feel 'Beyond what the game mechanics allow' should be better elaborated or re-worded as even I am not 100 per cent sure what that means.

The DayZ world is a dark world, and terrible events like the collapse of law and order can bring out the worst in people. If you are going to commit rape IG, make sure you research it and act it out appropiately in the psyche of a rapist.

I feel less rules on RP would be best, as it allows for less 'restricted' encounters and less safe space. 

Being uncomfortable about a situation 'in-game' is your right, but the terrible things that occur in real life, also that can be reflected IG, are factual and have no care for your thoughts or opinions. We have to learn to differentiate between RP and RL. Just my 2 cents.

Edited by Furlean

Friendly reminder to those people who are using their genders to push a point about something as arbitrary as emotion and comfort level:

F84D25FD2A5924C96B0C075D02AA0162BE238DA8

This is the cure to discomfort, cyber-terrorism and cyber bullying. If you are hot and heavy about this topic for whatever the fuck knows why reason, this is the go-to method to circumvent all of it. If you find yourself in a RP situation and the people are immature enough to try and force you into something (e.g. a rape scene) and just outright discomforts you, tell them in OOC to stop. If they do not and it progresses, log the hell out and talk to Staff about it.

If you can record, record. I'm tired of all of this apparent micro-aggression safe-space bullshit. I bet you all money I will literally take out as a student loan if we got a group of female community members to surround and harass a random male community member in game nobody would give a shit. Hell, the leader of Alba 19 got his dick CUT OFF by another female RPer (Not name dropping anyone in this thread o7) and nobody gave a shit. I saw or heard NO blowback from that.

Edited by Hollows

Realism is a selective argument.

In a post apocalyptic setting, there are numerous atrocities that would undoubtedly occur. However I'd like to think that certain aspects could be omitted or underplayed for the sake of enjoyable RP.

I've never feared being tortured or murdered IRL, so everything relating to it in game is all in my imagination. Its highly unlikely that anyone here has had a finger chopped off or words carved into them.

Rape and sexual assault is something entirely different. It's something that affects many woman (and men) to varying degrees, and until you've been in that situation, it can be hard to understand. The same goes for racism and homophobia.  

Let's not use realism to justify offensive RP. And let's not berate people for voicing their concerns. It's obviously a touchy subject. Be respectful. 

Why are people bringing RL in a virtual RP game and community? Why are people even comparing them? 

15 minutes ago, ScarletRose said:

I've never feared being tortured or murdered IRL

I don't think you or anyone here has been tortured or been a victim of attempted murder so you or they can say if they know what is actually the feeling of being tortured or close to being murdered. I don't know the feel, I don't think anyone does.

I believe you shouldn't have any rules holding you back for what type of RP we do. For example My character which I currently play on now is Benedict Falk. Falk was sold to slave market. Horrible and unspeakable things happened to him there. Such as rape. Thought out his life Falk learned the slave trade and became a slave trader. He is racist. He tends to not like Black People to do this past but he gets over because we are in the outbreak and we need to help each other. I play Falk to complete realistic as I can. People dont like that because it affects there safe space or something on the lines. I had so many chats after RP about what happen and the best thing is if you talk it out you sort it. People start to understand why. Now if someone gets really bad such as rape in game. Its a 50 / 50 thing, But I think there shouldn't be any thing holding you back in RP. So if something like this in game, There is always there side chat. // them to stop and if they dont time stamp it and report it. 

8 minutes ago, Shazzzam said:

Why are people bringing RL in a virtual RP game and community? Why are people even comparing them? 

I don't think you or anyone here has been tortured or been a victim of attempted murder so you or they can say if they know what is actually the feeling of being tortured or close to being murdered. I don't know the feel, I don't think anyone does.

I think you're misunderstanding her whole statement entirely. The point is that precisely, know one here probably knows how it feels to get tortured. Sexual assault and the likes yes. Very much so. And your statement is an attempt to undermine what they are trying to have people here realize and respect. Is that so hard to understand?

End of the day were in an Online Role Play community.  If you dont like it leave, report it or just shut your PC down. Its only online. 

If both parties want to do it, do it....if you don’t want to go along with it say so OOC and then well...don’t go along with it.

You could go on forever about this kind of discussion but surely that’s the end all?

Edited by Scottd

1 hour ago, yuthee said:

I think you're misunderstanding her whole statement entirely. The point is that precisely, know one here probably knows how it feels to get tortured. Sexual assault and the likes yes. Very much so. And your statement is an attempt to undermine what they are trying to have people here realize and respect. Is that so hard to understand?

I'm not trying to undermine what she is trying to say. It's just that people use just like that life values such as respect to win an argument, which is displeasing. It's not about respect. Rape, committed online in role play for role playing purposes with consent from both parties is not wrong, cannot be compared to real life rape in any way and it's not disrespectful for anyone. Rape is not special and no different from all the other forms of torture and atrocities that can be committed. Being left alive after being sexually forced is different from being left alive with fingers missing, limbs cut off, eyes gouged out? Why? 

3 hours ago, Eagle said:

The chap is permabanned so naming and shaming him is well void because he did that himself, what I was trying to get at was that he was the only one with us doing that bs none of us agreed with it nor went to join in on the rape comment, you then raised yourself up and punched puncture? in the face ending with you getting shot and banned for NVFL.

None of the acts he threatened with words would have even happened as none of us would have allowed it to happen, the reason it wasn't questioned was that they were only words nothing more like a fear tactic when you tell someone you're going to cut their fking eyes out or nose etc and the fact that it was impossible to confirm you cared at the time about the situation due to lack OOC comments regarding the matter.

Fact that you were a woman mattered little into getting beaten as from what I remember you worked with our enemies at the time, we did it to men pretty much any time we saw fit so just being a women means you'll still get treated the same as any other hostage, many situations I've heard worse things being said  then rape like ''I'll shove a gun up their ass, I'll force a knife down there throats cut of your hands/feet and a lot more'' Then people losing tongues eyes facial features etc.
If that was your logic to kill yourself then I guess we got a dead corpse out of it?
I will make this clear the only man who said those words was Siorre as he was left in charge of interrogations during that situation none of the members in that situation went and bombarded you with rape comments and again I can't stress this enough you being a women matter little into the RP, if you were a man you would have still been beaten up for the answers, OOC comments towards that Intel not being viable was up to the man in charge of the situation as you worked with our enemies at the time.
Did I agree with his wording, no I never did and no I'm not making light out of the comments, but the situation was the act of a singular man when it came to those words not multiple.

It’s nice to know it was only Siorre doing that bs RP back then.  Since no one spoke up to try stop him, I never knew any different.  I also wasn’t aware Joey was there.

Anyway, it seems some members of this community believe there should be no limits to RP as long as the RP is consensual.  So, back to the main point of my post before it went down the dreaded rehash the past road.

• If anyone is ever uncomfortable with the RP, in side chat, type:   //Stop. I’m not comfortable with the RP

I also want to share that I’ve never been in another situation where I wanted or needed to stop the RP.  It’s still good to know how to react, though, just in case . . .

Edited by Mia

5 hours ago, Roland said:

This is starting to feel like a GTA Hot Cofee discussion. In GTA you can mass murder people on the streets, drive over pedestrians, kill police officers, play out terrorist attacks with C4. But sex? Fuck no, that's dirty and inhumane and completely wrong, remove that shit.

Same thing is happening here it seems. We've had people being ambushed, taken hostage, beheaded with machetes, shot to the head for saying a bad word, executed by a execution squad, tortured in horrible ways, cut with knives to make scars, even had live removal of limbs and eyes. It's all been done right here and nobody batted an eye. But forcing yourself upon a different person with your genitals, no no no, that's too much! Am I being too insensitive here?

Why can't we just let people who WANT AND AGREE to RP something RP it out without restricting them with community wide rules because YOU would happen to be offended in such situation? Why are you getting offended for others? If someone is trying to do that to you and you don't want and agree to it, simply state so in OOC. Problem solved. People who want to role play these things can do it, people who don't want to do it don't have to and cannot be forced to do it either. And if someone is doing it in immature or trolly way that disturbs other peoples RP, report and they will be hit with Bad RP, with or without the rule being on the rule page.

For those who haven't noticed - that was the whole point of shedding the old rules - stick to the core rules that we need that we always enforce (you need to RP, no KoS, etc) and then everything else we are open minded about and judge situations based on quality of RP. Especially since racist or homophobic characters or even rape are very much a reality in the part of the world that we are role playing in. DayZRP is no longer trying to make Chernarus an safe zone amusement park with zombies.

"No longer protects"? If you donated so that we can protect your safe zone, I have bad news for you, I can't provide a refund for that. DayZRP has never aimed to in any way protect people from what happened to them IRL. We don't amend our community wide rules to you personally. This is a role play community on the Internet, we mostly don't care who you are IRL and what has happened to you in the past. I'm sorry that you've had bad experiences IRL, but forcing people around you to not talk or even joke about these things is very self-centered and not how a community works. I know what I'm talking about, I made that mistake myself not that long ago with overly restrictive rules that -I- thought were good and forced them upon the entire community. Didn't work that well.

This guys a fucking legend 

Well, maybe this thread can now finally be closed? I already got the answer to my question, and now my "ignored user list" is growing fast. Stop harassing me over this.

So maybe a moderator can close this one?

Sure thing.

/Closed upon request.