Server time (UTC): 2019-06-17, 11:53
Sign in to follow this  
Vaetherium

anyone else?

2 minutes ago, HenningRP said:

unnecessarily complicated

Read the spoiler and tell me that its complicated man.

6 minutes ago, Cipher said:

Lmao perhaps its not lack of imagination and instead maybe its the fact that not everyone is looking for the same things in RP as you. Scorning everything that doesn't fit your ideal RP experience is probably the least effective way of inspiring change

Oh it is not my ideal experience man, not at all really.  I don't even get to roleplay with the people I send on these missions.  I just give them a paragraph of text.  Its difficult to not allow alittle frustration to ebb into my wording due to the fact I've been making this point for 2 years.

I feel like as long as hostile groups exist, PVP will always be prevalent, which isn't a bad thing. As someone said, it gives people stuff to talk about outside of their character and their backstory, something to fear. 

To counter the hostile groups, make a group that solely focuses on solid RP and backstories, when a hostile action is committed against your group, comply and move along. It's been done, by myself even. Always a counterbalance.

11 minutes ago, Brayces said:

Hmm ... Maybe Roland can code a "Forced Injury System" so that when you get shot you have a perm. limp/diminished Stamina for a set about of time until you heal? We did have the hit registry system that reflected on CPs... ?That would def solve the whole, "Wow, I got shot and now I'm fine! *Runs around the map at Mach 5 Speeds.*" PvP issue people are complaining about. Maybe it'll only count down as you keep playing on that char? Maybe people will value their lives more? 

I should look into this! Woo! Modding! 

I definitely think it is a little wild that I can go from death's doorstep to fully being able to sprint and jump in probably 5 minutes. We should increase the lasting effect of injuries, especially GSWs. However this should go both ways (for example I shouldn't go from fully gorged and ready to throw up all the way to dying of dehydration in 20-30 minutes.)

15 minutes ago, HenningRP said:

I understand your frustration what you might see as a solution, others might see as unnecessarily complicated. Just ask @The Traveler(I ❤️ you bb). 

Keep suggesting things tho, you really care about this community and its a refreshing sight! 

It is 100% true (love you too my Chernarussian, racist torture boi! <3) 

The sad truth is that we are not the devs, or staff or even an "ideas guy" in this place. 

You are proposing things to players, and then staff see it. If you tried to tell the DayZ devs themselves to completely revamp their loot table and give them complicated charts n exact solutions, no fuck's gonna listen to you. But if you go smaller, more relateable to the players and easier to implement short term... then you have a better chance of getting that idea through... and if that small idea get's through, all you gotta hope is it's success influences the people who do make the decisions to carry on down that path. 

Look at our community of late... for months we begged and pleaded for a multitude of things : Hostile RP given freedom again, banned people to come back, mods etc etc... 

Rolle didn't wanna know when we shat him walls of text with nothing but critical rhetoric... 

But eventually people started asking calmly, and simply, with no more than asentance or 2... and changes were made, and the Staff continued making changes down that path... 

We are not here to fix the community, we are here to come up with simple, cool as shit ideas
Tl;dr: Make sure your suggestions are stupid simple foolproof and have clear benefits ?

On a side note @Mason26: 100% disagree with your sentiment. Roleplay progression and story progression should be completely player based / dependant. Cool staff events here and there sure... but it is our story... 

Quick example: When I first got here bandit groups held the entire west (a bit like how anarchy held the majority of the north for ages). Now instead of people whining on the forums about it (a discussion for a whole other post that i'm never gonna make ? ) people literally rose up, put pieces in motion over WEEKS and then did a huge final battle that, even if lost, would change the status quo of the server. It is when the Free Medics (Ayeee @Osaka) set up the Prud Lake Camp... the west became safer and bandits started setting up more road blocks scattered between easter and western settlements... 

Shit changed... 100% player influenced. 

So maybe this is a perfect example of how, whilst you think your ideas are gonna save the server, maybe the issue is a lot more complicated... and the solution is a lot more simple... get in game, roleplay, do shit that isn't mundane "do it everyday" stuff like looting and robbing. Build settlements outside the triangle with actual purposes, start alliances with other groups, declare war against groups that you feel are screwing the status quo.... 

Have frigging fun with it ^_^ 

What I do alone will not save the server, nor is it intended too.  What I am attempting to do is give people the tools to have another option of development other than shooting each other.  I understand that people are stuck in a rut waiting for the next big uprising or alliance or settlement but I'm afraid people don't like waiting months for a single week of development. 

Making me think its the reason the server is bleeding.

1 minute ago, Mason26 said:

What I do alone will not save the server, nor is it intended too.  What I am attempting to do is give people the tools to have another option of development other than shooting each other.  I understand that people are stuck in a rut waiting for the next big uprising or alliance or settlement but I'm afraid people don't like waiting months for a single week of development. 

Making me think its the reason the server is bleeding.

I think a lot of people @RebelRP @EndeavourRP @Chief @Shanoby @Nihoolious and many others can say that the tone / ideaology you have there is a pretty scary mirror of me from probably 6 months ago.
It aint pretty and it don't help nobody friend. The server isn't bleeding, I merely think your expectations, quite like mine before Rolle twatted me with a banhammer, are way too high.

But if you are not content with that, then my advice stands. Go in game, do interesting shit, have your own plot hooks to intice players into doing unique stuff that may lead to new status quo shifts, be the change you want to see! ^_^
And most importantly,  have fun! ? 

To be fair, I see no issue...

PvP is there cos now you can rob anyone for any reason... and it is great... should make people fear again walking out in the public and not treat this world like walk in the park on Sunday afternoon.

On the other hand, too much bandit activity leads people to be more cautious and hiding which leads to threads like: "CampfireRP vs PvP"

There should also be more HERO groups... but sadly I have been unsuccessful from starting one... hope someone does, that would also balance forces out.

It is hard to balance, but I feel the more popular the server gets... the more people we get... the more chance is there to run into someone either PvP-ing or CampfireRP-ing.

It is merely time of change for the server and how people react... surge of more people and bandits and rules...

Scout around more, exercise more caution and you will be fine.

Edited by Shanoby

1 hour ago, Brayces said:

Hmm ... Maybe Roland can code a "Forced Injury System" so that when you get shot you have a perm. limp/diminished Stamina for a set about of time until you heal? We did have the hit registry system that reflected on CPs... ?That would def solve the whole, "Wow, I got shot and now I'm fine! *Runs around the map at Mach 5 Speeds.*" PvP issue people are complaining about. Maybe it'll only count down as you keep playing on that char? Maybe people will value their lives more? 

Image result for no god please no gif
Please don't

2 hours ago, Brayces said:

It always sways to one side or the other, imo. We will see waves of Peaceful RP and then Hostile RP and people will complain each time.

Good news is I can now fly over and watch people RP. So in the event someone is putting little to no effort into RP, performing badRP or breaking rules I can report them myself. ? I'm all for RP and I think people should really put effort into their characters and overall arcs! 

Speaking of people not RP'ing injuries ...

we dont want people to stop play becose its to hard

You gotta balance realism with the game

With 0.63 its good enough with the injury system

wait till we have everything from the Devs and complete control of the server before thinking the server is in dire need of a fix. Why don't we just get in game and make the server better in each of our own ways instead of complaining every couple weeks?

5 hours ago, Farmer-BorisRP said:

we dont want people to stop play becose its to hard

You gotta balance realism with the game

With 0.63 its good enough with the injury system

Well, I have to disagree on the healing part here. I mean, I know we are all super soldiers with inhuman powers.... but even Wolverine doesn't heal as quick as we do in game.
Bloodbags used to be useful... right now, applying one takes longer than just heal naturally.

I really hope they will fix some of these weird perks someday.