Server time (UTC): 2019-07-19, 21:46
Sign in to follow this  
Vaetherium

anyone else?

anyone else noticing that dayzrp is becoming more pvp revolved? 

I mean, I personally don't object, but people spawning in or around a specific location, gun spawns are very high, loot spawns for military grade too, food and all.

again, not objection, but, if you would like, i'd like to hear your thoughts in this thread.

If you're not objecting to this change what's the point of this thread?

Edited by Eagle

Nothing really changed tbh. Groups always had firefights in the past. 

1 minute ago, Eagle said:

If you're not objecting to this change what's the point of this thread?

wondering if anybody else has noticed this change.

obviously i'm not that bothered about it, but i'm wondering whether or not anybody else has noticed, and their opinions on the matter.

19 minutes ago, Vaetherium said:

wondering if anybody else has noticed this change.

obviously i'm not that bothered about it, but i'm wondering whether or not anybody else has noticed, and their opinions on the matter.

it's been just less campfire RP due to more hostile groups.

Edited by Eagle

5 minutes ago, Eagle said:

it's been just less campfire RP due to more hostile groups.

thank god for that

More hostile groups 

Personally I'm not too keen on the PvP in DayZ as of late, the new layout and controls are bullshit. I haven't played DayZ since August of 2017 and the new controls and things you have to do are just stupid and extra.

Can't Q and E to lean-check corners, you can't F2 and walk to surrender anymore. Everything new wise is WACK! But beyond that I haven't seen much PvP focus on things, the only PvP I've seen were in retaliation to myself and my friends being initiated on and fighting back.

Good PVP fuels good RP.

Good RP fuels good PVP.

Its Yin and Yang. There is a sizable part of this community who dislike Hostile interactions but don't realize that those hostile actions are important world building tools. When there is a large hostile Presence on the server, it influences every RP interaction even if said presence is not directly involved. It gives people something to talk about outside of their backstories, it gives them something to fear. 

20 minutes ago, Hollows said:

can't F2 and walk to surrender anymore. Everything new wise is WACK! But beyond that I haven't seen much PvP focus on things, the only PvP I've seen were in retaliation to myself and my friends being initiated on and fighting back.

I believe this is still being fixed leaning they said should be back in soon, and the surrendering amination is in the new animation wheel for whenever they add it some server accessed it no clue how.  Just a heads up for ya

But As Eagle said just less campfire Rp groups is all nothing major, It's like a wave at sometimes its more Camp Fire groups, sometimes its more hostile groups.

Edited by S.Bradley

9 minutes ago, HenningRP said:

Good PVP fuels good RP.

Good RP fuels good PVP.

Good PVP fuels RP for the winning side but not really good RP.  Gunshots heal in 30 mins for most people.

Good RP, I've yet to encounter any if I'm honest.  People like having boxing matches, get married and have relationship spats at the end of the world?  Its barely been a year. 

People normally follow the same old backstory of "I was here on holiday" etc etc... who the fuck goes to cherno Russia for a holiday really... 

How many times have you encountered schizophrenic crazy guy that seem to care about attention more than anything else?

There is no over arcing story-line that is given much or any attention by the "lore" staff. 

I think a lot of people forget the roleplay is playing the role of your character in their situation which in our case is pretty much the end times, ask yourself if you think most characters act like its the end of the world.

I've offered another way which can be read here. 

1 minute ago, Mason26 said:

Good PVP fuels RP for the winning side but not really good RP.  Gunshots heal in 30 mins for most people.

They can always surrender.

33 minutes ago, ShaneKOS said:

thank god for that

^

Too much of either is bad, i'd say its not that bad atm, but I get what you are saying, considering loot is easy and the new rules allow for more flexibility with initiating.

6 minutes ago, Eagle said:

They can always surrender.

As someone whom hasn't been killed a single time since the lore wipe I'm probably qualified to tell you surrender is of course the best option for roleplay which is why I've decided to run with it in hopes of scraping the barrel for something half decent.  I'm also qualified to tell you that after the first five times you realise your just re-reading the same script to people whom have little to no interest in actual roleplay.  

PVP is -not- the issue it is integral to the roleplay on DayZRP.  The problem tends to arise due to lack of ambition, organisation and character development caused by the way PVP encounters are handled. 

Edited by Mason26

7 minutes ago, Mason26 said:

Good RP, I've yet to encounter any if I'm honest.  People like having boxing matches, get married and have relationship spats at the end of the world?  Its barely been a year. 

People normally follow the same old backstory of "I was here on holiday" etc etc... who the fuck goes to cherno Russia for a holiday really... 

How many times have you encountered schizophrenic crazy guy that seem to care about attention more than anything else?

There is no over arcing story-line that is given much or any attention by the "lore" staff. 

I think a lot of people forget the roleplay is playing the role of your character in their situation which in our case is pretty much the end times, ask yourself if you think most characters act like its the end of the world.

This is an odd way to push your mission giver thing man. I wouldn’t say that rp is bad, everyone is enjoying themselves. Yes there’s more pvp and hostile groups as there should be a year into a apocalypse. Maybe you can help people write backstories or make a thread on how people can improve their role playing instead of going at the community. I don’t mean this in a passive way Either I’m serious. 

Also maybe you can apply for LM and help do something with the lore to make a arching story. Just suggestions 

12 minutes ago, Mason26 said:

To truly get the experience you are describing would require either intense modding or a very intense focus on survival roleplay (RPing every gunshot wound, acting as though food isn't intensely rare, basically a bunch of shit that would be interesting for a short period of time, but would quickly get tedious, at least for me.) Personally I think this server cuts the perfect middleground between hardcore RP and actual fun. I've seen plenty of people that look for experiences similar to what you are describing, they usually come together and create a group focused on Internal RP, basically forging their own ministory, mostly unaffected by the other events on the server. I would recommend seeking those people out and creating a group like that if that is what interests you, because I personally have been very satisfied with the level of RP/PVP hybrid I've been experiencing, which is what DayZRP was meant for back when it was created.

2 minutes ago, Diamond said:

Also maybe you can apply for LM and help do something with the lore to make a arching story. Just suggestions 

LMs have been scuttled by the staff team. Now that we have actual tools to help out with creating events quickly and easily, I think this would be the perfect time to give them another shot. #BringBackLMs

Edited by Cipher

6 minutes ago, Diamond said:

This is an odd way to push your mission giver thing man. I wouldn’t say that rp is bad, everyone is enjoying themselves. Yes there’s more pvp and hostile groups as there should be a year into a apocalypse. Maybe you can help people write backstories or make a thread on how people can improve their role playing instead of going at the community. I don’t mean this in a passive way Either I’m serious. 

I hear you man, I do.  I've been pushing this since before the lorewipe I've offered solutions and instead of trying the solutions people just keep complaining that nothing is changing while simultaneously doing nothing about it.  I have my fingers in a lot of different pies for roleplay and DayZRP is only one of them. What bothers me is the fact that we have the potential to do something really special with DayZRP and people seem to be content with stale shite rather than pushing their comfort zone.

Its frustrating to say the least.

Edited by Mason26

When loot tables are fixed and people don’t have 9 m4’s in their ass I’d say the role play will dominate. It’s just that weapons are easier to find so hostile groups don’t care about gear too much so they risk it for a biscuit ya know 

6 minutes ago, Cipher said:

To truly get the experience you are describing would require either intense modding or a very intense focus on survival roleplay

Or an imagination, god forbid.

It's been pretty non-PVP for the past almost year or so. It seems to go in waves, big fan of this hostile wave

1 minute ago, Mason26 said:

Or an imagination, god forbid.

Lmao perhaps its not lack of imagination and instead maybe its the fact that not everyone is looking for the same things in RP as you. Scorning everything that doesn't fit your ideal RP experience is probably the least effective way of inspiring change

It always sways to one side or the other, imo. We will see waves of Peaceful RP and then Hostile RP and people will complain each time.

Good news is I can now fly over and watch people RP. So in the event someone is putting little to no effort into RP, performing badRP or breaking rules I can report them myself. ? I'm all for RP and I think people should really put effort into their characters and overall arcs! 

Speaking of people not RP'ing injuries ...

Hmm ... Maybe Roland can code a "Forced Injury System" so that when you get shot you have a perm. limp/diminished Stamina for a set about of time until you heal? We did have the hit registry system that reflected on CPs... ?That would def solve the whole, "Wow, I got shot and now I'm fine! *Runs around the map at Mach 5 Speeds.*" PvP issue people are complaining about. Maybe it'll only count down as you keep playing on that char? Maybe people will value their lives more? 

I should look into this! Woo! Modding! 

PVP is not the issue in my opinion and it never has been, the problem lies in the narrative that has been completely neglected by the staff.  If you want to retain players you need more to keep them than the by yearly game updates.  A story that people can get involved in, in a world they can shape with their actions its RP server 101 and the worst part about it is, it isn't really that hard to implement.

This took me 5 mins to put together for a group.  Offering them a narrative to roleplay around and develop their characters, what happens on the mission is up to them all you have to do is lay the outline.

Spoiler

*Inside the Piano would be a brown file set under the strings.  It would contain a compact cassette player and document.  Playing the cassette starts recording of a voice that seems to change pitch and tone often making it impossible to determine an accent or identity.*

"You and your people have caught the our attention.  It has been noted that you seek employment and for your service ask for some of the worlds limited resources.  Cold Beer, fast food and other pleasantries have been a thing of the past for nearly a year now.  Working for us will entitle you to commodities most people will never see again.  Weapons, equipment, food and even medical supplies are just the essentials we will supply in every shipment.  Of course trust must first be gained by both of our parties before we will ask anything too straining of you.  We encourage you to seek employment from the local community of survivors while keeping your true employment to yourself.  A representative of our organisation is on the ground in the country and will use the phrase "I was really looking forward to that tinned salmon" should he encounter you.  You will get your instructions through this and other dead drop locations around the country. You will read and follow the instructions of each task -exactly-.  Failure to do this may result in payment being withdrawn.  Within the enclosed envelope is a marked map of a location.

On the 12th of July 2017 Flight 2J8-5 was at an altitude of 12 thousand feet before it was hit by a Russian made surface to air missile over the black sea. The plane managed to limp to Chernarussia and barely made landfall before crashing.  The Flight data recorder for the flight was recovered by the UN early on during the current state of events and was then taken by the CDF to be an analysed at the air traffic control tower in the north west of the country.  Go to the tower and destroy the data recorder, you will then place it within this piano in which your payment will be waiting.    The annalist Mirak Kabrinov was the last person to sign over the recorder and the last report stated he was with the infection.  Find Mirak Kabrinov among the infected and recover his USB for additional payment.  Lastly, we are not another organised group of highwaymen and we have agents embedded in various groups across the country, we are a friend to our friends and provided you never speak of this or your true employment payment in "old world" luxury can be yours for the foreseeable future."

*The recorder fizzles and sparks a little destroying the tape*

15 minutes ago, Mason26 said:

I hear you man, I do.  I've been pushing this since before the lorewipe I've offered solutions and instead of trying the solutions people just keep complaining that nothing is changing while simultaneously doing nothing about it.  I have my fingers in a lot of different pies for roleplay and DayZRP is only one of them. What bothers me is the fact that we have the potential to do something really special with DayZRP and people seem to be content with stale shite rather than pushing their comfort zone.

Its frustrating to say the least.

I understand your frustration what you might see as a solution, others might see as unnecessarily complicated. Just ask @The Traveler(I ❤️ you bb). 

Keep suggesting things tho, you really care about this community and its a refreshing sight! 

Edited by HenningRP