Server time (UTC): 2021-09-20 19:57

October changes poll

Roland

October changes poll  

249 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Server Manager

An announcement was made last week about upcoming changes for the server, see here:

This is the promised poll to get your feedback on the changes now that they've been live for almost a week.

Better vote nicely or Pepe will have you.

But seriously, I've only been in the server once since I came back, and not really bumped into anyone, but voted anyway because that green frog scares me. And if the spawns do change again, I would say make sure none are close to any military areas, make them more towards out of the way villages and such I'd say.

@Roland just wanna say thanks for keeping the server up, making changes and improvements. And thanks for the whole admin/mod/support team. Some changes just have to be thrown out on a server and tested live, before we know if they work correctly. 

Only seen few events. Events should require a little bit more effort from players, in my opinion, than running just outside of hotspot. But I really, really thank the staff for investing time into creating the events.

VOIP is good but if somebody is straight behind me that's like a voip-dead-zone for me.

Spawning kit is good. If you don't find food, you can find a weapon - I've arrived in first town, killed 7+ zombies and was good to go till Zelenogorsk.

Radio works nicely. I would let it cover more than half of a map. I would make it 1/4 to still get some static transmissions and trying to find a better signal.

People are saying that black forest spawn is shit. But in past 5-6 days around 200-400 players spawned there, hitting the loot economy pretty bad. Once things settle down it's gonna be better. I haven't had a problem with that spawn but I'm a patient guy.

Server performance is very good on my end. Lately I didn't even notice the hit registration bug which made zombies harder to kill (what I loved...) but that was a dayz side bug from what I understand. So it's very good.

Edited by DerrickStorm

The only point I have is that the first time I spawned is that I recognized in the first few seconds where I was + black forest isn't spooky.
I'd say Create spawns all around the map in locations even the veterans will be like..  okay where the hell am I.
Some spawns can be a little further away from towns if players spawn with a bit of food and water. And this way the same town won't be plundered by fresh spawns every second.
I did vote spawn with a short wave radio, but long wave might be better in this case.

Spawning closer to the triangle is cool but it sucks having every town for miles around absolutely plundered. It makes finding food and other clothing pretty difficult. Spread out spawns across the map is the future.

• Server Manager

That feeling when Premium poll takes all the attention from the important server stuff...

OBIqaes.jpg

Added the poll to the front page

• Legend

Just a note, we didn't lose situational awareness with increased quality. It's perfect the way it is now.

1 hour ago, Sleepyhead said:

Just a note, we didn't lose situational awareness with increased quality. It's perfect the way it is now.

For real? I'm finding it a lot harder to know where people are at when they're talking.

• Emerald

The sound is Gucci right now. either put spawns back on the coast or spread them around. The mini events have been tasty and I’d like to see more maybe around specific times so more people could engage with them.

Oh yeah, spawn with nothing, an unmodified radio at most but otherwise I want people myself included to have a harder time because so far it’s been dead easy to survive off the bat. 

FC56D05B-ABEA-428A-B54B-2DBB8357F2D2.jpeg

• Sapphire
36 minutes ago, Cow said:

The sound is Gucci right now. either put spawns back on the coast or spread them around. The mini events have been tasty and I’d like to see more maybe around specific times so more people could engage with them.

Oh yeah, spawn with nothing, an unmodified radio at most but otherwise I want people myself included to have a harder time because so far it’s been dead easy to survive off the bat. 

FC56D05B-ABEA-428A-B54B-2DBB8357F2D2.jpeg

We need more balis

On 10/9/2018 at 1:02 PM, Roland said:

That feeling when Premium poll takes all the attention from the important server stuff...

OBIqaes.jpg

Added the poll to the front page

You’re making big moves out here 

• Emerald
4 hours ago, Diamond said:

We need more balis

182px-Baseball_Cap_Beige.png

• Sapphire
1 minute ago, Cow said:

182px-Baseball_Cap_Beige.png

Word

• Sapphire

I have a hard time hearing people around me at the moment. Good quality wherever I am pointing. Could this be a issue with surround sound?

• Diamond

Events are nice. 

Voip quality good.

Current spawning kit should maybe spawn you in with an apple or pear.

Radio range should probably increase.

Current spawn locations should probably be spread out more but across the North area. Black Forest is good, but maybe put some all over the North and to the West as well.

Performance has been good but sometimes fairly bad when player counts go into the 70s. Bullets not registering was a pretty big issue some days.

It'd be nice if the loot economy was fixed to include all the clothing though. ?

Edited by Zero