Server time (UTC): 2020-01-23, 12:31 WE ARE RECRUITING
Sign in to follow this  
thegrowl

S1: Invalid execution of hostage - 10/08/2018 9:40 PM (CEST)

Server and location:  S1 - Vybor Military

Approximate time and date of the incident (SERVER TIME): 10/8/2018 9:40 PM (CEST)

Your in game name: Zeke Rainer

Names of allies involved: Benjamin Snillfyr

Name of suspect/s: One of them is David Mack I belive, and another one was something Fisher.

Friendly/Enemy vehicles involved (if any):  None 

Additional evidence? (video/screenshot): 

Detailed description of the events: Me and my friend Benjamin entered VMC, and there were tons of zombies, we decided to attack the zombies anyways and I ended up almost dying. The group arrived afterwards, and I crawled up to them and asked for help. I quickly healed from red to white HP so I said I'm fine anyways, as I didn't expect the healing to be that quick. They asked for a payment for "looking at me", and robbed me when I declined. They planted a human steak in my backpack and accused me of cannibalism, and let my friend go and tortured me. Afterwards, they let me go and I went to loot back up in VMC, afterwards I meet them almost instantly where they rob me once more and accuse me of telling my friend to attack them or something (I left my friend, as I was kinda mad he just ditched me), and then they just executed me. Even though I had nothing to do with whatever my friend did.

Edited by thegrowl

Jack Fishers POV:

So I was running with some people my character worked for when we arrived at the Vybor Millitary compound. When we arrived we found some wounded individuals so we decided to offer help. the OP was crawling and coughing and asked for help so thats what I did. I sat next to him and offered him help. When I told him that he had to pay he suddenly said he was healed and he didnt want to pay anymore (BadRP in my opinion, since he acted like he was dying before we told him to pay). So eventually we initiate on him and his friend and we bring them to the Admin building. We decided to let the friend of the OP go and we continued our hostile RP with the OP. When we were done we left him in the admin building and we left.

When we were in the field north of the Vybor Millitary we suddenly heard alot of shots and we realised we were missing people, so we ran back. When we arrived at the Millitary base we saw the OP and his friend with weapons and we noticed a friendly body lying on the floor. Before we could take action the OPs friend opened fire on us but we managed to kill him pretty fast. The OP was executed because he picked up a gun and was involved with the killing of Sasha. 

And I 100% agree with what Sasha stated: 

"You do NOT pick up a weapon directly after being released, while still in proximity of the captors. Making yourself a threat is obviously a bad choice and you suffered as a result of it. "

Edited by Jackfish

Greetings, TheGrowl.

This situation begins when we made our way to vybor military where we find the aftermath of a zombie hoard (and where Sleepyhead had gotten killed by the OP and his friend) and a couple wounded individuals. We have a doctor currently travelling with us take a look at him and ask for payment in return. After refusal to compensate for the services of the doctor we initiate on them to collect payment by force and bring them to the admin building inside the compound. They're reprimanded, payment is collected.

I spend most of the time checking the proximity and keeping people away, but as far as I understand it they found (or planted, as claimed by the OP) some meat and accused the person of heinous crimes etc. The OP's friend was released first and sent off, the OP was later released but decided to pick up a gun and together with his friend who had returned attempted to get his revenge. I'm a little behind the pack and end up getting killed by the OP's party in VMC. The rest of the group hear the shots and return, finding the two armed individuals (OP and his friend) responsible for my death and deal with the situation in an appropriate manner. Had you made better decisions by taking the reasonable course of action of leaving the area rather than the course you chose, by arming yourself and teaming up with your friend to get revenge you would've been alive. You do NOT pick up a weapon directly after being released, while still in proximity of the captors. Making yourself a threat is obviously a bad choice and you suffered as a result of it.

Edited by Sasha

16 hours ago, Sasha said:

Greetings, TheGrowl.

This situation begins when we made our way to vybor military where we find the aftermath of a zombie hoard and a couple wounded individuals. We have a doctor currently travelling with us take a look at him and ask for payment in return. After refusal to compensate for the services of the doctor we initiate on them to collect payment by force and bring them to the admin building inside the compound. They're reprimanded, payment is collected.

I spend most of the time checking the proximity and keeping people away, but as far as I understand it they found (or planted, as claimed by the OP) some meat and accused the person of heinous crimes etc. The OP's friend was released first and sent off, the OP was later released but decided to pick up a gun and together with his friend who had returned attempted to get his revenge. I'm a little behind the pack and end up getting killed by the OP's party in VMC. The rest of the group hear the shots and return, finding the two armed individuals (OP and his friend) responsible for my death and deal with the situation in an appropriate manner. Had you made better decisions by taking the reasonable course of action of leaving the area rather than the course you chose, by arming yourself and teaming up with your friend to get revenge you would've been alive. You do NOT pick up a weapon directly after being released, while still in proximity of the captors. Making yourself a threat is obviously a bad choice and you suffered as a result of it.

1. Me and my friend did NOT attempt to get revenge. I left my friend around the same time as he was released.

2. I picked up a gun, not to get revenge, but because I found one and I thought it would be good to have a gun, just like anyone else got a gun.

Added the youtube video now

I am the other guy that was taken hostage, after I was released we did not communicate.

I decided to come back and attack them on my own, @thegrowl had no idea that i did it

- User Was Warned For This Post -

@Benjaminn Please provide us with a full, detailed POV and provide any video evidence if you have it. Thank you. 

In my defence, why would anyone rob someone in a small military base with not even 5 barracks. Then let the hostage live, and then stay instead of leaving? That is kind of the same logic as to "why would you pick up a gun?". Neither did I actually show myself as a threat, and I still did comply to your 2nd robbery.

@Benjaminn will be temporarily banned from the game servers until he provides his full & detailed point of view.

We went to vybor military base (me and @thegrowl), there was tons of zombies (like 20x the original spawn amount) and we went in and tried to kill them with our axes. growl got really injured from the zombies, afterwards, there was people coming (the people being reported). growl told me to tell them to help him "for the roleplay", and growl crawled with injured animation to them and screamed help. they checked him, and then they told him to pay them his gun for them to help him, he then stood up and said "im fine, nevermind" and they got mad at him and accused him of trying to steal drugs from them. then they decided to rob us. we were taken into the jail of vmc and we were tortured there by them, then they planted human meat in a backpack of ours and accused us of being cannibals. then they let me go, and growl kept being tortured. then afterwards i decided to come back and kill them. pretty much it.

video pov:

Hit Logs

19:42:57 | Zeke Rainer hit by Jack Fisher to LeftArm with Bullet_556x45
19:42:54 | Zeke Rainer hit by Jake Stubbs to Torso with Bullet_556x45
19:42:54 | Zeke Rainer hit by Martin Brown to Torso with Bullet_556x45

19:35:21 | Maksim Golov hit by Benjamin Snillfyr to Torso with Bullet_45ACP

19:7:54  | Paisley Duvont hit by Benjamin Snillfyr to Torso with Bullet_45ACP

19:38:48 | Benjamin Snillfyr hit by Maverick Wyse to Torso with Bullet_556x45

Connection Logs

18:6:38 | Zeke Rainer connected
 - Restart 

16:27:28 | Jack Fisher connected
 - Restart
20:1:4 | Jack Fisher connected
 - Restart 

19:38:21 | Maksim Golov connected
 - Restart 
20:2:20 | Maksim Golov connected
22:57:20 | Maksim Golov disconnected

18:5:48 | Benjamin Snillfyr connected
19:39:0 | Benjamin Snillfyr disconnected

18:51:50 |Jake Stubbs connected
 - Restart
20:18:49 | Jake Stubbs connected
 - Restart

17:8:45 | Martin Brown connected
 - Restart 
20:7:3 | Martin Brown connected
 - Restart

Kill Logs

19:42:54 | Zeke Rainer killed by Jake Stubbs

19:35:22 | Maksim Golov killed by Benjamin Snillfyr

19:7:54  | Paisley Duvont killed by Benjamin Snillfyr

19:38:48 | Benjamin Snillfyr killed by Maverick Wyse

Calling in @jakem10001 & @Zig to post their full, detailed POV, and provide any video evidence. 

My POV:

I log onto the server to people saying that sleepyhead was accidentally killed by a dude when they were surrounded by zombies at VMC, after which i believe they were initiated on by our guys. then some RP ensues for about 10-15 minutes or so (sorry if my detailing is brief but this was 4 days ago and a lot has happened between then so i'm trying my best) we then let the guys go and we (me, dew and someone else) head of for Vybor as I heard someone's transmission saying they were going to set up a settlement there so we go and as we reach the outskirts of Vybor industrial we hear a lot of shooting and then someone says that Sasha was killed by one of the 2 hostages, who was in an ambush position; so we all run back to hunt the guy down, someone kills his friend and we take the other of the 2 hostage as we found him in a barracks armed and next to where my friend was just killed. 

We then place the man against a wall, and David Mack, says who wants to Ice this guy, me and the 3 others in the situation all say yes to the icing of the dude, we all raise our guns someone opened fire first (up until that point i thought we weren't going to do it) then i opened fire, and as the logs show i was the one who killed him. 

Decided to attempt to talk to the OP despite his track record to no avail. 

As such we'd like to push for badrp and KOS on his parts as he went from dying to saying "no, I'm completely fine I healed faster than I thought" In game. 

We also feel he didn't particularly value his life or show any fear by deciding to stay, loot and arm himself to attack a group vastly out numbering him and his accomplice. As I'm on my way to work I am unable to provide more details at this point in time but will do so either after work today or tomorrow after we deep clean the restaurant. 

And again, he clearly brought this on himself due to his own choices by rushing to arm himself to be able to join his friend in attacking us. Within a minute or two. 

Edited by Sasha

2 hours ago, Sasha said:

Decided to attempt to talk to the OP despite his track record to no avail. 

As such we'd like to push for badrp on his parts as he went from dying to saying "no, I'm completely fine I healed faster than I thought" In game. 

We also feel he didn't particularly value his life or show any fear by deciding to stay, loot and arm himself to attack a group vastly out numbering him and his accomplice. As I'm on my way to work I am unable to provide more details at this point in time but will do so either after work today or tomorrow after we deep clean the restaurant. 

And again, he clearly brought this on himself due to his own choices by rushing to arm himself to be able to join his friend in attacking us. Within a minute or two. 

Join my friend in attacking? Didn't even know that he was here till you guys told me.

Picked up a gun? How its that FailRP? You can't report someone for looting...

Also, I typed in //OOC that I healed faster than I thought, never said it in RP.

Edited by thegrowl

Also tried to contact the OP to talk it out on TS. OP denied. 

Picked up a gun? How its that FailRP? You can't report someone for looting... : A big group of hostiles just tortured you and hurt you. You decide to grab 2 weapons and stay on the location where your hostage takers are still around. 

Also, I typed in //OOC that I healed faster than I thought, never said it in RP.  : Im pretty sure this is just a stright up lie. The first time we saw you, you came crawling and coughing and telling us you were very hurt and if we could help you. The moment we told you that you had to pay you stood up and told us that you healed faster then expected and that you werent hurt that bad. You might have said it ooc,  but I know that you said someting in those lines IC too. 

EDIT: But even when you told us this OOC it was not necessary.

• 3.1 You are required to role play your character at all times while in game. No OOC events or communication may take priority over your role play. You are not allowed to ignore other players attempts to role play with you.
  • 3.7 OOC communication should only be done through text chat and only when absolutely necessary. You may not use OOC chat to casually chat with other players in game. Use the "//" prefix to indicate OOC text communication.

Edited by Jackfish

33 minutes ago, Jackfish said:

Also tried to contact the OP to talk it out on TS. OP denied. 

Picked up a gun? How its that FailRP? You can't report someone for looting... : A big group of hostiles just tortured you and hurt you. You decide to grab 2 weapons and stay on the location where your hostage takers are still around. 

Also, I typed in //OOC that I healed faster than I thought, never said it in RP.  : Im pretty sure this is just a stright up lie. The first time we saw you, you came crawling and coughing and telling us you were very hurt and if we could help you. The moment we told you that you had to pay you stood up and told us that you healed faster then expected and that you werent hurt that bad. You might have said it ooc,  but I know that you said someting in those lines IC too. 

EDIT: But even when you told us this OOC it was not necessary.

• 3.1 You are required to role play your character at all times while in game. No OOC events or communication may take priority over your role play. You are not allowed to ignore other players attempts to role play with you.
  • 3.7 OOC communication should only be done through text chat and only when absolutely necessary. You may not use OOC chat to casually chat with other players in game. Use the "//" prefix to indicate OOC text communication.

1. I heard the leader of the group say "send the guys to Vybor" or something, so that showed me you were leaving. ( 7:55 on my video), I now saw that I kinda faulted on that considering he only said "you 2" while I heard it as "guys, go to vybor".

2. I didn't say I "healed faster than expected", I said something in the lines of "i over exaggerated the injury" (which is a real thing, called being hypochondriac)

3. I did not use OOC to "casually chat with other players in game", nor did I use OOC to take priority over my roleplay. I thought the healing in the game was very slow, but I healed from flashing red to white HP in the matter of 2-3 minutes.

Edited by thegrowl

I dont think you are telling the truth here but thats not up to me.

I wont be replying to this thread untill ive been asked to.

- Jack

I'll reply to this momentarily when I'm available to do so.

Hiya, I was present right before the hostage situation. I don't have any video evidence.

Paisley Duvont's PoV;

My group & I roll up to VMC where we were going to clear out a zombie horde. When we arrive, we try to clear some zombies inside of the compound with @Benjaminn & @thegrowl
While we're trying to RP & clear the infected, I'm suddenly killed out of no where. Being killed literally ruined any chance I had at continuing RP and on top of that I was killed for no reason at all. I hadn't committed any hostilities to anyone on the server at that time and thus no one would've had rights against me.

Logs will need to be updated to show who killed me.

Maverick Wyse POV:

We roll up to Vybor, and there was an array of shots. A fair few zombies came out the compound and we were taken them down. Whilst walking over, I notice that my ally Paisley had been shot. I asked on Teamspeak who shot her, and they thought it was them. I then start to scream at them asking why they shot her and telling the Doc to "patch her up". They then repeatedly keep asking for medical help, which I reply with "Why should we help you? You just shot Paisley" and Fisher looks them over regardless. 

We then decide to take them hostage, yada yada. I stick around the outsides keeping watch as far as I remember, and then they call me over to execute the hostage. I ask him which method he wants to die, and he starts crying IC. I then just beat him unconscious with a radio, leaving him water and food. As we leave the compound, we hear a fuck tonne of shots from the compound and decide to run back as we still had people there. We find Sasha's dead body and search for the killers. We find Benjamin and light him up, and I think I got the killing blow, something missed in the logs. 

We then find Growl snooping around whilst the firefight with his ally occurs, and we initiate on the barrack he's in, giving him no other choice but to comply since he's surrounded. I then go back on watch and he gets executed. 

My question to the OP. 

--

Why did you decide to stay around loading magazines and bullets when you heard a load of shots pop off right next to you? Instead of leaving the area, you decided to keep loading ammunition and making yourself a prime suspect for our ally's death? 

2 minutes ago, Jamie said:

Maverick Wyse POV:

We roll up to Vybor, and there was an array of shots. A fair few zombies came out the compound and we were taken them down. Whilst walking over, I notice that my ally Paisley had been shot. I asked on Teamspeak who shot her, and they thought it was them. I then start to scream at them asking why they shot her and telling the Doc to "patch her up". They then repeatedly keep asking for medical help, which I reply with "Why should we help you? You just shot Paisley" and Fisher looks them over regardless. 

We then decide to take them hostage, yada yada. I stick around the outsides keeping watch as far as I remember, and then they call me over to execute the hostage. I ask him which method he wants to die, and he starts crying IC. I then just beat him unconscious with a radio, leaving him water and food. As we leave the compound, we hear a fuck tonne of shots from the compound and decide to run back as we still had people there. We find Sasha's dead body and search for the killers. We find Benjamin and light him up, and I think I got the killing blow, something missed in the logs. 

We then find Growl snooping around whilst the firefight with his ally occurs, and we initiate on the barrack he's in, giving him no other choice but to comply since he's surrounded. I then go back on watch and he gets executed. 

My question to the OP. 

--

Why did you decide to stay around loading magazines and bullets when you heard a load of shots pop off right next to you? Instead of leaving the area, you decided to keep loading ammunition and making yourself a prime suspect for our ally's death? 

I heard shots, and I thought it was a 3rd party, so I wanted to load my gun just in case they were hostile (which then turned out to be you)

36 minutes ago, thegrowl said:

I heard shots, and I thought it was a 3rd party, so I wanted to load my gun just in case they were hostile (which then turned out to be you)

Thus making yourself a lethal threat. You were responsible for hurting multiple people in our group at that point and thus you were put down. The non compliant act of arming yourself for revenge does not at all help.

Was walking to VMC with the gang, shitload of gunshots and zombies came out. Sleepyhead died during the action (assumed to be shot by the other party). Jamie asked what happened, was frustrated in character. Following/during the attack thegrowl made it clear that he was hurt, but ultimately the idea was discarded after he reported that he healed quickly. Wanted to charge for the attention that he received by the doctors. They were taken to the jail house and interrogated. Human meat was found in thegrowl's backpack. The other guy was let go. Pado told a few others and I to go and investigate Vybor. On our way there, the man who was let go came back and killed Sasha. I, along with the two others who went to Vybor, went back to secure the area. Guy who tried to fight was killed. At this point, thegrowl was released- probably during the time when we were on our way/shortly after we left for Vybor. By the time we came back and after the smoke cleared, thegrowl was seen with a gun in his hand. Rightfully so, we assumed he was hostile. He was shot for not following his previously unspoken warning to get out and not come back.

Edited by Zig

9 hours ago, Sasha said:

Thus making yourself a lethal threat. You were responsible for hurting multiple people in our group at that point and thus you were put down. The non compliant act of arming yourself for revenge does not at all help.

However, it was not for revenge. It was for defence for the shots as I didn't know it was you guys. And I never hurt anybody in your group.

9 hours ago, Zig said:

Was walking to VMC with the gang, shitload of gunshots and zombies came out. Sleepyhead died during the action (assumed to be shot by the other party). Jamie asked what happened, was frustrated in character. Following/during the attack thegrowl made it clear that he was hurt, but ultimately the idea was discarded after he reported that he healed quickly. Wanted to charge for the attention that he received by the doctors. They were taken to the jail house and interrogated. Human meat was found in thegrowl's backpack. The other guy was let go. Pado told a few others and I to go and investigate Vybor. On our way there, the man who was let go came back and killed Sasha. I, along with the two others who went to Vybor, went back to secure the area. Guy who tried to fight was killed. At this point, thegrowl was released- probably during the time when we were on our way/shortly after we left for Vybor. By the time we came back and after the smoke cleared, thegrowl was seen with a gun in his hand. Rightfully so, we assumed he was hostile. He was shot for not following his previous warning to get out and not come back.

There was never a warning to get out and not come back either. 

7 hours ago, thegrowl said:

However, it was not for revenge. It was for defence for the shots as I didn't know it was you guys. And I never hurt anybody in your group.

There was never a warning to get out and not come back either. 

Sorry, let me reword that: your unspoken one. I mean it's kinda pivotal- if someone holds you up and threatens you and beats the fuck out of you, it's kind of common courtesy to either get out of there or try to do something back. By grabbing a gun and marking yourself as a hostile- along with another member of your party, you made the choice for yourself. Regardless of you thinking it was another party firing or not- you weren't obligated or needed to endanger yourself further with a gun. The logic simply doesn't work. By picking up a gun, if there was a third party, you do realize that you're potentially fighting the total amount of people from our group, plus them? I don't think either party would take any time to consider you're an independent, and you'd probably be making another thread just like this one- talking about how you were unfairly killed.

I truly don't know why something like this is needed. I'm all for asking the people that killed me on why they killed me so I can understand, I've done it before. And I've got nothing but great explanations and details on how to handle situations in the future from them. It's just that in this specific scenario, you literally did all of the wrong things at the wrong time. Staying around and picking up a gun among the obvious comeback of your friend to kill us was one of them. If you picked up a gun for defense, you must have been ready to die, because there's no way in hell you're taking on two other parties. All in all, warning to leave or not, by a member of your other party shooting at us, we had no reason not to assume you were up to the same thing. The smart thing to do was to leave, not stick around like machoman- then die because of it and make a thread.