Server time (UTC): 2021-09-25 11:47

Night time.... sucks?

So. I voted for night time being added expecting actual darkness. but what was added is kind of like, the transition between day and night. It makes it so you cant really see anything unless you are looking at the floor, because the sky is so bright, but everything else is dark. so if you get the sky in your camera it makes everything below the sky dark and hard to see. Especially in open areas and cities. (Turning down Bloom helps slightly, but its still a problem for me)

I'm not sure if this is just on my side, or if others are experiencing it. let me know what y'all think.

• Diamond

so far im liking it , I was lost in a middle of the northern forest was spooky as hell never found my way out till day time came was fun

• Emerald

True, night on SA is not really night. 

I don't think you can actually admintweak that right now at least.

• Legend

I love nighttime when it's actually nighttime.  I do agree that the rather lengthy transfer period into nighttime is awkward and hard to play it, because the sky is still bright but everything else is nearly pitch black, unless you're looking down or in a building.

Yes, the transition is not the best, but when you get to the true night it's very, very good. Hope you guys experienced the true night on dayzrp, not only the dusk

Also a tip, if you're getting a really dark screen during dusk. Look at your feet and really slowly raise your head to find that sweetspot so you can regain your sight.

• Sapphire

Dusk only sucks because the transitions of light sort of suck balls. 

• Diamond

Night time is good for RP but yes, the awkward moments between day and night are very graphically annoying and hopefully a fix can come for this because nighttime is awesome! ?

• Emerald

The transition between night and day is weird but I don't find it to be THAT much of a bother. Nightime in general is maybe just a little too bright for my touch, even with normal brightness and gamma settings.