Jump to content

Server time (UTC): 2021-09-24 06:23

White Screen problem on the launcher


Recommended Posts

Hey ive done all the launcher stuff correctly but when it launches my game the screen just goes white, Ive heard the its probably the IP being wrong. 
the only IP I see when I search "DayzRP" on the filters is 81.234.194.17:2300. There isn't another one.

 

ive attached an image of what I see.

http://prntscr.com/l3chrc

any help would be appreciated.

Edited by SeanFiesta
Link to comment
  • Diamond

Every time I've had this happen I just close and relaunch the game. Sometimes it takes a few attempts but it always eventually works for me.

Link to comment
  • Legend

The theory is this is the cause of a connection issue to the Server. Ensure that you have all the correct data populated (and yes even the IP and password). If that does not solve it, relaunch the game completely. From what I've seen no one has been able to fully nail down the exact cause but it appears almost sporadic to those who are affected. 

Link to comment
Guest Zombru

Dunno if this will fix it, but have you tried starting up the launcher as an administrator? I had a similar bug and starting as an admin helped.

Edited by Zombru
Link to comment
1 hour ago, Brayces said:

The theory is this is the cause of a connection issue to the Server. Ensure that you have all the correct data populated (and yes even the IP and password). If that does not solve it, relaunch the game completely. From what I've seen no one has been able to fully nail down the exact cause but it appears almost sporadic to those who are affected. 

im going to sound like an idiot, but what do you mean make sure the correct data is populated? I read the "official" guide to connecting to the server and it says the white screen bug is fixed by making sure im connecting to the correct server which they list as "90.230.29.209:2300" thing is that's not a server listed under the "DayZRP" filter. I only see "81.234.194.17:2300"

Link to comment
  • MVP
22 minutes ago, SeanFiesta said:

im going to sound like an idiot, but what do you mean make sure the correct data is populated? I read the "official" guide to connecting to the server and it says the white screen bug is fixed by making sure im connecting to the correct server which they list as "90.230.29.209:2300" thing is that's not a server listed under the "DayZRP" filter. I only see "81.234.194.17:2300"

That is a mistake on our part. The guide was made before we switched server hardware and thus the IP changed. The server you found with that IP is the correct one.
We'll make sure to update the guide asap

Edited by Dino
Link to comment
  • Legend
46 minutes ago, SeanFiesta said:

im going to sound like an idiot, but what do you mean make sure the correct data is populated? I read the "official" guide to connecting to the server and it says the white screen bug is fixed by making sure im connecting to the correct server which they list as "90.230.29.209:2300" thing is that's not a server listed under the "DayZRP" filter. I only see "81.234.194.17:2300"

I would not use the IP and instead the address of "S1.DayZRP.com:2300" when in the Server Connect area of the Server Browser. (The direct connect option I don't have DayZ open atm so I don't recall the exact name). This should always redirect to the correct IP Address regardless of whether or not we swap IPs. Give this a go, and let us know if you can connect or not!

Link to comment
On ‎10‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 2:51 PM, Brayces said:

I would not use the IP and instead the address of "S1.DayZRP.com:2300" when in the Server Connect area of the Server Browser. (The direct connect option I don't have DayZ open atm so I don't recall the exact name). This should always redirect to the correct IP Address regardless of whether or not we swap IPs. Give this a go, and let us know if you can connect or not!

im not seeing it on the launcher 
http://prntscr.com/l43vbm

Link to comment
  • Legend
1 minute ago, SeanFiesta said:

im not seeing it on the launcher 
http://prntscr.com/l43vbm

Just type in DayZRP in the filter for now. I am not at home so I cannot confirm what appears for you when you do that. ?

Link to comment
6 hours ago, Brayces said:

Just type in DayZRP in the filter for now. I am not at home so I cannot confirm what appears for you when you do that. ?

same thing I select the server at the top http://prntscr.com/l47s7z it opens my game after I select it and enter the password then it loads with the "Dayz" logo, then screen just fills with white, every single time ive tried.

sorry if im annoying you guys I just really want to play lol.

Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...