Server time (UTC): 2021-09-24 23:26

Help Desk Needs more attention

Descendants

• Sapphire

I have noticed recently that I can join help desk and sit for over 30 minutes and still not be helped. This has happened on multiple occasions over the past few months. I remember when help desk was on Teamspeak, nobody would have to wait for more than 10/15 minutes. ?  

Maybe its just me and bad timing, but I have heard other people complain about it also.

• Sapphire

I also noticed this I gone to the help desk and waited for 45 mins or more and nothing ever happened... I've been resorting to the $help channel but still don't also get anything.

• Diamond

Maybe if we got the helpdesk back in teamspeak it could be better.. or maybe get some more supports

• Sapphire
1 minute ago, EndeavourRP said:

or maybe get some more supports

I applied for staff *shrug* 

• MVP
9 minutes ago, S.Bradley said:

I also noticed this I gone to the help desk and waited for 45 mins or more and nothing ever happened... I've been resorting to the $help channel but still don't also get anything.

Did you send the orange peeps a message on Discord? If you're waiting a while it might because they're in game or busy else where, a quick message should prompt them to jump into the helpdesk. I'd wait five minutes then start giving someone a nudge.

(I'm still not keen on Discord, feels more impersonal somehow).

Edited by Samaritan
  • Diamond
Just now, Samaritan said:

Did you send the orange peeps a message on discord? If you're waiting a while it might because they're in game or busy else where, a quick message should prompt them to jump into the helpdesk. I'd wait five minutes then start giving someone a nudge.

Like Samaritan said ding the orange guys, I’ve done this a few time and had someone respond to me within a few mins 

• Sapphire

pinged an orange boi,  received help in a minute ty. 

Put a Helpdesk in Teamspeak AND Discord. Personally, I don't like Discord and the only reason I'd ever be in Discord would be to go into the new Helpdesk.

Let's be honest here, I think more people on DayZRP use Teamspeak more than Discord. I would honestly just put a helpdesk in both applications so everyone wins. 

• MVP
3 minutes ago, Beni said:

Put a Helpdesk in Teamspeak AND Discord. Personally, I don't like Discord and the only reason I'd ever be in Discord would be to go into the new Helpdesk.

Let's be honest here, I think more people on DayZRP use Teamspeak more than Discord. I would honestly just put a helpdesk in both applications so everyone wins. 

I think TS will be phased out eventually. I believe a full move to Discord will be happening (if I remember the thread correctly). I do agree though I prefer TS, but we all might have to adapt to the change.

Just now, Samaritan said:

I think TS will be phased out eventually. I believe a full move to Discord will be happening (if I remember the thread correctly). I do agree though I prefer TS, but we all might have to adapt to the change.

I sure hope not man, Discord isn't the way to go... Hopefully there's a community vote about that. It's just more user friendly in my opinion, granted it has a lot more features than Teamspeak, but I'd take team speaks accessibility over Discords any day.

• Diamond

TS has better voice in my opinion..... though discord is good for text based organization, discord voice is crap tbh

• MVP
3 minutes ago, Beni said:

I sure hope not man, Discord isn't the way to go... Hopefully there's a community vote about that. It's just more user friendly in my opinion, granted it has a lot more features than Teamspeak, but I'd take team speaks accessibility over Discords any day.

Found it:

"My preliminary plan is to gradually phase off TeamSpeak and by the end of the year migrate completely to Discord and shut down the TeamSpeak server. 

The reasons for this are several, but it's mostly due to modernization of the software and tools that we use in the community which started with the website migration to a new system in 2016, now comes Discord and we will very soon get a new whitelist system (details about it will be posted soon). Discord is modern, intuitive, easy to use even from browser, extendable and free, while TS is now a decade old and aging rapidly, susceptible to DDoS and not really an attractive looking program, especially to new players who have never used it before, to them it looks like a WinXP application. 

Anyways I hope try to replace most of the functionality of TS to best of my and Discords ability, however it is already clear that not all features will be able to be ported over. When it comes to Premium perks, some of them will be replaced with new ones that are possible only on Discord, details about which ones will come later, as we progress through the switch. Different TS services will be moved over gradually, first we need to create a new practical tree of channels on Discord for general use, then the helpdesk will be moved over, then general community and gaming channels, and at the very end the group and private channels." - Roland

Full thread here

Edited by Samaritan
1 minute ago, Samaritan said:

Hopefully Rolle changes his mind and keeps both applications up, just for convenience, I don't think a lot of people would be happy with this change. Discord really does remind me of music...

Modern isn't always better. 

• Sapphire

I personally don't like discord voice but, If rolles plan is to make us use in-game radios more than 3rd party...then i guess it will happen XD, I would like to reorganize it more though 

• MVP

I do apologize for it taking so long for people getting help in the helpdesk.
I can't speak for the other support members, but for my case I haven't been able to be too active this week (and this following week) due to having to go through an emergency surgery and having to recover from it and some school work mixed in it all.
With the fact that we don't have too many staff members at the moment and with all of us trying to balance real life and our DayZRP life it can become quite hectic and things can slow down a bit.

I'll try to be more watchful of the helpdesk and if you see me being online/idle in the Discord, you are more than free to @ me or just send me a direct message. I can't always be available in voice due to me having to rest the next couple of weeks, but most of the time I'm available in text.

• Legend

We appreciate the feedback, and apologize that at times you have found yourself waiting extended periods of time. 

Now to quickly address the issue at hand the fact is that there are times when supports may not be available immediately due to real life scheduling conflicts. I myself just woke up to get ready for work, and likely won't be fully available for another 9 hours until I get off, and I'm sure some of the other supporters have there own schedules to accommodate. 

That being said if you ping @support on discord you might recieve a more prompt response from any who are presently active, and if you don't recieve a response you can either post your question in the #help channel or the questions or troubleshooting forums on the forums and we will respond as we are able. Furthermore, while I'm unsure about the other supports, I do welcome you to personally message me on the forums or on discord and I'll respond as soon as I'm able (and unlike voip, I can respond to text during lulls at work) 

I hope this helps a bit in both explaining the situation as well as providing alternatives so that we may continue to assist you.

• Emerald

If in doubt there are always disgaced ex-staff to talk to.

• Sapphire
1 minute ago, Cow said:

-SNIP-

Image result for thanks for that gif

• Emerald

@Descendants That cut deep man, shame I have nothing to offer as an ex-GM by your views.

I appreciate the passive aggressiveness though, not bad.

@Beni TS won't be around much longer, Discord is the future.

• Legend

If you don't get instant help try DMing an staff member thats online and ask if they can help you out. It's not like we get a notification when someone joins the waiting for staff channel. 

• Diamond

I know sometimes it can be frustrating if your waiting a bit for help either ping someone or ask friends they will try and help as much as they can and when their solutions didnt work go to staff however i was helped fairly quickly it all depends on luck if anyone is available.

• Legend

The thing is, Supports haven't been the only ones manning the help desk. I've been in it a ton recently.

Between handling reports, dealing with the help desk & you know, having a life.. it's kind of hard. We're only human.

You can always try to PM a staff member and we'll try to help.

• Sapphire

This thread wasnt a stab at staff, just trying to bring attention to a minor issue, that is all. /close please

• Sleepyhead locked this topic
  • Legend

// closed upon request