Server time (UTC): 2021-09-18 12:40

Blood, Bullets and Politics
TODAY | 2021-09-18 20:00:00 (server time) | Starts in 7 hours, 19 minutes

S1: RDM? - NW Airfield 1:30

Server and location: S1

Approximate time and date of the incident (SERVER TIME): 10/7/18  (roughly ->)  1:30 AM Server time.

Your in game name: Bor Vass

Names of allies involved: Errol Rockwell

Name of suspect/s: Cold66, John Booty,  Arnold   <- atleast that's what they told me.

Friendly/Enemy vehicles involved (if any): N/A

Additional evidence? (video/screenshot):  

Detailed description of the events: 

Me and my friend we're at the airfield and got talking with a group, they abruptly initiated which honestly came out of nowhere. My friend reacted to it by raising his gun resulting in his death (fair) and me being tagged by one of the aggressors. I'm quite slow in the brain so I didn't even process it before it was over, raising my hand and remembering I was shot so I should Pain RP (which I'm terrible at.. sorry). One guy apologizes and patches me up. They then finished up looting my friend and seemed to leave, but then decided they shouldn't leave me with no gun. (we all kinda acknowledged that I couldn't have used that gun any how since he shot me in the torso / arms. All but one seemed really eager to command me to drop my weapon otherwise i'd die (but I couldn't because I figured I had to RP out that I got shot in the arms/ torso ( which I tried to explain but everyone was just talking at this point ). Luckily one of the guys understood this and we both timed getting the weapon of my back while the rest just seemed in a hurry to just take my shit and leave.
The deed was done and I only had my shovel and newly acquired wounds to go with, i'd figured they'd want me to leave and head the opposite direction as I didn't really get any commands and.. going opposite direction is textbook "I've been robbed and need to go the opposite way".  At this point I remember that it is my friend laying dead there (which I also have to roleplay out) and I should bury him (not thinking about the lead that's in my body restricting me from it but any how). I ask before they completely vanish if I can bury him which one response was "i'm done with your shit" and then followed by lots of shouting , pointing guns and walking towards me. I take it they really want me gone the opposite way so I start walking the other way and then get shot in the head.

The robbery is all fine but only the end I really just felt unnecessary leaving me to believe that they really only done the robbery for the gear and blood, which is why i'm putting this up.
From all the people I think only one guy during the robbery really tried to take things into account, my wounds and stuff, but the rest I don't know what to think off, they were all over the place but when clarity was needed all bunched together to shout something at me.
After they got my gun I didn't really get any commands so I just figured they'd want me gone, it was clear I couldn't do anything against them so really what even was it about?
Might seem unnecessary this report but killing me really felt like this was just some shits ans gigs robbery.

• Diamond

Moody POV: we held these two dudes up, one doesnt comply, and he gets shot. Then we try to get this dude to drop the weapon, he didn't immediately drop it. Then we told him multiple times to follow us, he didn't then someone gave him 5 seconds to start following us and he started walking the other way so someone shot him. 

@Syoto was the one that shot him fatally, and @Pool was the one that accidentally shot him when his friend didnt comply

If youd like to discuss this in ts then please poke because we all told you ig to follow us

Edited by MoodyOG

Alex Moody POV: Rolled up on the two, We Rped with them for a bit during which they explained they were looking for their friend at the airfield. We held them up the one didn't reply and he moved back while shooting at us. @PalmtreeWhale got between the guy and me so he was shot once in the arm. I bandaged him and took his gun away. We asked him multiple times to follow us after we took away his gun. He then started walking away and @Syoto counted to 5 out loud or he would be shot. The man kept walking away and was shot. Also to mention. Perhaps he wasn't hearing us correctly he said our names were John Booty(John Moody), Cold66(Code66 our code for holding people up.) Maybe he confused us saying follow us and instead thought we said get out of here? Idk you can clearly hear us in the video say follow us multiple times. especially at 6:49 you can hear. "He shot you in the arm not legs, lets go." then right after that "Cmon, move. lets go" and at around 7:15 John clearly says "you have 5 seconds to start following someone." It also seems like whenever his character is turned away from us. you cant hear anybodies voices. idk if thats a problem with the audio in the video or an in game bug. 

• Diamond

Sam Campbell POV: So we run into these two dudes at the airfield. One of us initiates and his friend gets blasted, and OP gets shot. We all started shouting at the same time because we actually had different ideas about how to play it out. I tell OP to follow us multiple times and I give him 5 seconds to follow us or I will shoot him, which I did. I would like to apologise for the clusterfucky communication. We also had no intention of GearRPing you, we were trying to move you off the airfield because we thought you were Abyss and were incredibly exposed to returning fire, given how open that area was. 

• Emerald

Errol Rockwell POV as well as some insight into the video as it was live on stream: it started with us talking to this one injured dude with a super silent mic but then his buddies showed up, most of them were being really silent but then came the initiation (which was pretty good!) but we havent played dayz in like 8 months and I in the middle of drinking IRL and had a pretty bad shock reaction to it and sorta raised my gun which I keep thinking still is the zoom in button (it was fair game that I was shot though, thats not the problem at all)

After the initiation I dropped dead of course but switched to watching his stream and what I see is hell itself in the form of communication. Everyone talking over each other giving no intelligable command. You have to think about the human factor when rewatching it, you may hear it when watching the video because you're LOOKING for something to listen to but when in the situation itself all you hear is a bunch of words and all of them disagreeing with each other.
@PalmtreeWhale said he never heard any clear command, he instead hears someone say "you have five seconds to (unintelligable if you listen to the video) which since everyone is pointing their guns at him he assumes they are telling him to fuck off so he clearly says "fine fine" assuming he is complying and starts walking away.
You see, an unarmed man is walking away from what is clearly a misunderstanding, and instead of correcting the misunderstanding, you shoot and kill an urarmed man who is just strolling away after saying "fine fine" that seems like pretty trigger happy pvp over rp.

also as a reply to the guys above. "Come on Move, lets go" is very vague and didn't seem to be necessarily directed at the hostage.
I think you guys may have been too busy deciding where to go on discord that you completely forgot that you had to inform the victim of that plan as well and of the 
consequences if he were to disobey. 
"come on move"
"you have five seconds to..."
also at around 5:55 he says "are you sure we should leave this guy with his gun?"

Edited by Sully
4 hours ago, Sully said:

-snip-

Like I said I think his audio may have been bugged. We said clearly multiple times to follow us. Even when he walked away, Syoto counted down out loud. I think when he turns around he cant hear stuff behind him as is evident at 6:54 as soon as he turns around to his dead friends body. all the voices behind him start lagging and cutting in and out. But as soon as he turns around again all the voices come back. you can even hear seconds before he is shot when he turns his head to face us you can hear th- I'm assuming syoto counting three, but its cut off as soon as he turn away again. I think this was just a misunderstanding on your friends part. It was a little chaotic but we thought he was just stalling for that 3rd friend, with the "Can i bury my friend?" and stuff. Our main goal in the situation was to get the RP to a safer location, instead of the middle of the airstrip.

You are also correct. I did say, "Are you sure we should leave this guy with a gun" I can understand why that's confusing and I wont be using any sentences like that anymore in RP. What I meant when saying that was "Are you sure this guy should have a gun" I misused the word "leave" my bad. But either way. After that happened, Multiple times we told him to get up and follow us. The main one being "You want to fuckin stall? You've got 5 seconds to start FOLLOWING someone"  It is clear concise and even gives 5 seconds to respond to. 5 seconds later. bam dead.

• Emerald
14 hours ago, Pool said:

Like I said I think his audio may have been bugged. We said clearly multiple times to follow us. Even when he walked away, Syoto counted down out loud. I think when he turns around he cant hear stuff behind him as is evident at 6:54 as soon as he turns around to his dead friends body. all the voices behind him start lagging and cutting in and out. But as soon as he turns around again all the voices come back. you can even hear seconds before he is shot when he turns his head to face us you can hear th- I'm assuming syoto counting three, but its cut off as soon as he turn away again. I think this was just a misunderstanding on your friends part. It was a little chaotic but we thought he was just stalling for that 3rd friend, with the "Can i bury my friend?" and stuff. Our main goal in the situation was to get the RP to a safer location, instead of the middle of the airstrip.

You are also correct. I did say, "Are you sure we should leave this guy with a gun" I can understand why that's confusing and I wont be using any sentences like that anymore in RP. What I meant when saying that was "Are you sure this guy should have a gun" I misused the word "leave" my bad. But either way. After that happened, Multiple times we told him to get up and follow us. The main one being "You want to fuckin stall? You've got 5 seconds to start FOLLOWING someone"  It is clear concise and even gives 5 seconds to respond to. 5 seconds later. bam dead.

hey it's absolutely fine on my end, I totally understand getting absolutely blasted as it was dumb of me to not be careful enough with the raise gun button and Kjeld and I agree after looking over that the audio bug plays a big part in this.
It was just mostly chaotic miscommunication that made him turn around and walk away in the first place, so just as a tip I think you guys should decide between yourselves who gets talking privileges (until as you said, you can move to a safer location!) but hey cudos for reaching out and all, I think its just a big misunderstanding

Edited by Sully

Hi guys, I don't think it's necessary to talk it over on TS, we can keep it real on the forums, rather do it in here anyhow.

Long lap of text but you can also skip to the tl:dr.

Spoiler

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Initation & People:

The initiation started on your account in an open field leaving you exposed to other people.
Now in your POV's I see some of you thought me misunderstanding your commands as stalling for possible friends but you have to remember that it's YOUR decision to start a robbery in a very exposed field just after you guys were in another firefight which probably made you even more vulnerable. The reason why I am stating this as well is that you guys made yourself very vulnerable in an open field for a robbery of low value goods while you all looked very kitted out.
Another point on the staling topic is that IF we had another person in the area and wanted to start shooting at you while you were exposed.. she would've done it. And if she wasn't in the area I could not have contacted her by radio since you guys were holding me at gun point, my arms and torso we're shot up, and if I did it would have been Meta-gaming since it should be transmitted in game as well. Therefore I think even though I wasn't following up your commands due to ambiguity in commands, a misunderstanding and my audio bug, it could've been resolved better in my opinion by just explaining it a bit more clearer next time instead of pointing guns at me and walking towards me (like you are herding cattle to a certain direction) But I can also understand the firefight hectic as this is till dayzrp and such.

Unclear Commands & Audio bug:
The first sentence that started the confusion was indeed like Sully explained the  "Are you sure we should leave this guy with a gun." insinuating that you guys were indeed leaving.
After a hectic moment where I was unsure if I had to RP out the wounds or if I just had to drop the weapon and just forget about the pain-RP so some of you wouldn't shoot me, the very first "commands" about my movement we're indeed "come on let's go" and the phrase about my legs still working. This is where I just added that to the insinuation of you guys leaving and figured you guys had told me to go. Then my audio bug which I didn't even know I had at the time restricted me from clearly hearing things from behind. I don't know if you guys told me more commands while I had my back faced but I can understand that would be a bit frustrating and that I missed something. (I hopped on yesterday and confirmed that it's an in-game audio issue i'm having, don't know how to fix it but think it has something to do with the in-game radio.)

After I asked if I could bury my friend the next thing happened where you guys tell me that I had 5 seconds to follow. The 'following' part just didn't register in my head and I only heard the shouting and the 5 seconds part while you most of you aggressive walked towards me pointing guns (even though I had a shovel haha). I really figured you wanted me into the opposite direction. Really it felt like cattle herding.

I said "Fine Fine" but don't think you guys realized I completely misunderstood you.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

TL:DR :

I think we can conclude on this report and close it as I was also suffering from an audio bug and it was a big misunderstanding, which still doesn't mean the commands we're not a bit ambiguous, but that can be taken  into upcoming robberies in awfully exposed places which yall picked out, while restricting the movement of the hostage ? huehue.

I'll leave it to the staff from here if they want to add anything or close it. I'll conclude on what i've said above and hope we'll meet each other again in game!

• Diamond

Glad you guys are so understanding. We'll definitely take this situation into account and come up with more thorough plans to our future robberies. I hope the next time we meet in game, it's on a far better note in terms of RP ? I am also going to work on my roleplay here too, as I personally think now that just shooting you was a bit dull, as you were only walking away. 

• Sleepyhead locked this topic
  • Legend

We're glad this could be talked out and resolved between both parties. For future reference, just make sure all demands are clear & unambiguous.

With that being said, we'll go ahead and close this report.

Signed by @Sleepyhead, @Jamie & @DrMax