Server time (UTC): 2021-09-25 01:05

DayZ Server should not go over 60

MacMiller

• Emerald

Just a quick chime in here from someone with decent internet, I believe we should keep our servers to 60. Anything further is extremely laggy, not to mention unplayable. I also feel like roleplay was always fine before with a full 60 pop , 100 would probably only be good for an event server.  Feel free to roast or agree with me, just wanted to speak my piece.

2 minutes ago, Jango said:

Just a quick chime in here from someone with decent internet, I believe we should keep our servers to 60. Anything further is extremely laggy, not to mention unplayable. I also feel like roleplay was always fine before with a full 60 pop , 100 would probably only be good for an event server.  Feel free to roast or agree with me, just wanted to speak my piece.

Gonna agree, just got into a firefight when the server was over 60 players and none of our hits were registering. Saw guys get lit up at point blank in the head and not die, me and @Jamie put probably 30 rounds combined into someone and they didn't die, they were able to rush both of us and kill us with a knife.

Cancer, personified. Never again

• Emerald
Just now, Cipher said:

Gonna agree, just got into a firefight when the server was over 60 players and none of our hits were registering. Saw guys get lit up at point blank in the head and not die, me and @Jamie put probably 30 rounds combined into someone and they didn't die, they were able to rush both of us and kill us with a knife.

Thanks for the support , that sounds terrible. If we are going to play DayZ we should atleast keep the mechanics decent anything that makes the game that bad should be removed.

• Legend

I think we might be looking for a fix, however I'm not entirely sure. Maybe @Roland can chime in. But yeah, server is laggy as hell now.

Forgetting mechanics,  I personally +1 this idea as I am not entirely convinced the loot tables can handle 100 hungry players reliably :S 

Edited by The Traveler
  • Emerald

I'm down for a 60 pop server. It'll be annoying to have to wait in queue sometimes but when you are missing shots or teleporting around in firefights or gliding through fields it becomes too much IMO.

If we can't optimize, drop the size.

• Sapphire

Would rather sit in a queue than have to deal with bad lag, sounds bad.

• Diamond

IMO I would rather have the 100 pop over 60. 

• Emerald
1 minute ago, EndeavourRP said:

Please don't point me , Me and Western are good friends but uh  I hate to say it .. Your PC will literally revert back to an embryo in a full 100 pop server.

• Emerald
30 minutes ago, Cipher said:

Even after they lit this dude up, I put around 20 rounds into this guy and then he dropped after him lagging around, over 60 is super unstable and unbelievably laggy 

• Diamond

I'm not surprised dayz isn't ready for over 60 pop and it should stay that way until they figure out a way to stabilize there server performance with over 60.

• Diamond

Yes, please change it back to a 60 population cap. The server is so laggy that shots don't register. Emptying several rounds into someone's skull and they ended up killing my friends before dying. Later on I tried shooting some zombies, took ten shots to put just one down. 

23 minutes ago, EndeavourRP said:

You should've been in the situation we were in, you would probably think the same

• Emerald

Yeah if 100 pop was nearly as stable as when it is 60 then it would be fantastic but sadly the desync is to strong

80 slots sounds good to me. 

• Emerald
4 minutes ago, JackZRP said:

80 slots sounds good to me. 

The server was at 70 and we were having the issues spoken about above, so I disagree

I got into a firefight earlier when the server had 70 people on and it didn't lag at all for me. Maybe it was just me but yea.

• Legend
Just now, Nihoolious said:

I don't know if anyone recorded it but you can ask people from your group, mine and abyss that was in that firefight how bad it was.

We're working on getting better hardware atm.

• MVP

Yeah a firefight with that many people (4 groups apparently with 3 of them being quite large) was quite an experience. People were spraying full mags into eachother with blood spilling everywhere and not doing any damage not to mention to fact that most if not all couldnt even reload their guns. Except @ExoticRP  ofcourse. You lucky loot whore with your 3 guns didnt have any problems with that ? 

Edited by OskuRP
  • Sapphire

Been in two big firefights today and the lag have been pretty big

Yea @MrPanda shot me in the face from 1m away and it didn't even register for close to 10 secs

Edited by ExoticRP
  • Diamond

I mean i killed everyone within 5 seconds and with 2 bullets i think its fine

• Event Master

I love to see 70 people on the server. I dont have any trouble, comms are fine and fps is too.

For me also comms are fine, fps too. The only problem I see are the shots not being registered correctly, unless zombies got a HP overhaul. Some of them take 7 headshots to kill, some take a full m4 mag midtorso and still live.