Server time (UTC): 2021-09-24 00:58

Starting Items

JoffreyRP

May I suggest adding a knife to the list? Considering all those wrong char models, being able to kys seems to be pretty important.

Other than that I agree.

Also I had this idea in the works that if your a part of an approved group, an additional benefit is you would be able to choose one clothing item to spawn with, so for example Anarchy might have had like an orange boonie or a coloured t-shirt, or something specific to the groups lore, so a police group spawning with police uniforms.

I agree with everything as long as the "backpack" we get is the shitty burlap sack one and the cans of food are our trusty  beanz ?

EDIT:
Thinking about it the only "issue" i can think of is, in the same vein as your valid "the towns around the spawn have no food" issue... it may cause certain bandit groups to spawn camp the spawn zones to get some quick food, as opposed to moving out and searching other areas of the map (Triangle syndrome is always a concern of mine). 

But regardless said "issue" is minimal at best as, hell, not everyone is gonna do that shit. So +1 from me overall ? 

Edited by The Traveler

Yeah I can pretty much get behind this. It'll be good to let players spawn with the uttermost basic of surviving essentials that you would reasonably be left with say, and as an added thing, have the stuff you spawn in be worn or damaged if possible. In the current time of the lore, it's pretty unrealistic to spawn with Pristine stuff I would say. 

And a knife to yeet yourself if you get a wrong character.

Im with this, I think it'd be nice to start perhaps as a 'hiker' in the woods and have snacks in my pockets or maybe even a small pack with relative items... 
There have been some servers I've found that have been spawning people with fruits and even small starting kits/loadouts.. like that of a fireman outfit/policeman/paramedic with each having something unique (axe/pistol n cuffs/med supplies etc) though its always been randomly chosen. Further down the road perhaps with some scripting maybe you could spawn with something that correlates to your character's story.. and have something like 'classes' implemented? lol, maybe not but just an idea

• Legend
1 hour ago, Grimnir said:

May I suggest adding a knife to the list? Considering all those wrong char models, being able to kys seems to be pretty important.

This a thousand times.  While it only happens once to get the right character model, running around the woods like a lost madman for like 15 minutes just to force myself to die from dehydration was not a fun experience.

• MVP

Water isnt that much of a problem at the moment since you can drink from any shitty pond or river without getting sick and they have also added quite a few more water sources all over the map (although you do start with yellow thirst) but I 100% agree with the food. People who dont play as cannibals are literally killing, dismembering and eating eachother out there just to survive a few more minutes because all the houses at a 2 km radius from the black forest have been stripped clean of food and you cant always even get apples now.

2 hours ago, Grimnir said:

-snip-

1 hour ago, JesterInPeril said:

-snip-

As long as the food you would spawn with wouldnt require a knife to open I dont see a reason why you would need it. You only need to kill yourself once to change the character model if you just remember to do it again before respawning and I assume most people have done that already and the ones who havent can just hurl themselves from a high place or let a zombie kill them which doesnt take that much time or effort.

2 hours ago, KyleRP said:

-snip-

There have been suggestions and talks about bringing back group "skins" from the mod meaning that approved groups would spawn with clothing items that would be their groups "uniform" (e.g. Gorka uniform and berets for the CDF and a leather vest + a bandana for an MC group) but nothing that would give them a big advantage like weapons or a plate carrier. But we will have to see how that goes.

2 hours ago, Balance said:

Further down the road perhaps with some scripting maybe you could spawn with something that correlates to your character's story.. and have something like 'classes' implemented? lol, maybe not but just an idea

This sounds pretty cool but unless people are fine with starting with a random "class" that might not fit their character you would have to do this for every character individually unless there would be a way for you to choose some loadouts through your character page on the forums etc. but that sound like something that would be pretty hard to code/mod.

51 minutes ago, OskuRP said:

There have been suggestions and talks about bringing back group "skins" from the mod meaning that approved groups would spawn with clothing items that would be their groups "uniform" (e.g. Gorka uniform and berets for the CDF and a leather vest + a bandana for an MC group) but nothing that would give them a big advantage like weapons or a plate carrier. But we will have to see how that goes.

"Leather vest and bandana for an MC group"

Image result for my man gif

• Sapphire

I think if there was a way to make kits! That would be cool, depending on what rank you are!

But starter stuff for basic should be a child bag, water bottle, and a can of food.

• Emerald
1 minute ago, Alexis said:

depending on what rank you are

ew p2w

- Improvised Stone Knife / Hunting Knife

- 1 can of food

-1 bottle of water 

- Small backpack (Improvised Sack,Taloon backpack)

- Radio 

- Rags

These are the items I think should be automatically be on your character when you respawn.

• MVP

I mean, dotting spawns around the map instead of mostly around the forest might be an idea instead of this.

Spreads people out and shit would have time to respawn at other locations.

1 minute ago, Mexi said:

I mean, dotting spawns around the map instead of mostly around the forest might be an idea instead of this.

Spreads people out and shit would have time to respawn at other locations.

Would rather have this, that way not everyone is looting the same areas and picking them clean, without giving people extra starting supplies

• MVP

We dont need more starting gear (I think spawning with a radio is almost too much), we need more spread spawns.

I died to a one-hit-wonder zombie today and spawned in the middle of the woods.  Water was no problem, but, I couldn't find food anywhere.  No canned food, no apples, no mushrooms.  Nothing.  So, I ended up dying from starvation and had to start all over again.  Almost died from starvation a second time, but, a kind man in Novy took pity on me and gave me a can of Tactical Bacon.  Hmm, I've never had to beg for food in-game before. 

Too many players spawning in the same area in a short period of time was the problem.  It should even out soon.

4 hours ago, Mia said:

I died to a one-hit-wonder zombie today and spawned in the middle of the woods.  Water was no problem, but, I couldn't find food anywhere.  No canned food, no apples, no mushrooms.  Nothing.  So, I ended up dying from starvation and had to start all over again.  Almost died from starvation a second time, but, a kind man in Novy took pity on me and gave me a can of Tactical Bacon.  Hmm, I've never had to beg for food in-game before. 

Too many players spawning in the same area in a short period of time was the problem.  It should even out soon.

+1. For last two days everybody was spawning to begin their journey on new server. Things will become more stable, because I don't expect 60+ people to die daily and maintain current situation.

I didn't die to a one-hit-wonder zombie but I've killed some of those. One took a full m4 mag to the chest before dying, and a lot of them 6-8 headshots. The glass cannon part where they can kill you with one hit doesn't seem like fun, but hard to kill was an amazing experience when I literally got stuck on a tower surrounded by 10+ wonder zombies. It may be the lag and hit registration.

The idea of just spawning out in places I've never been before sounds like an idea I'm conflicted on.
The security of knowing where I'm going, as I've been really familiar with the Vybor-Novy area is good and all.
But if the idea of starting items is thrown out and instead spawns near rural towns is implemented, it would encourage people to get familiar with the entire map, instead of just a hot-spot of RP. Might encourage more diversity in groups in the future. Mobility wouldn't be a problem because I believe it was that vehicles will be coming out soon. Maybe some hitch-hiking RPs would be really nifty, but I'm apposed to neither idea.

• MVP

This is a surival simulator, albeit for a roleplaying community. I am not saying it should be unreasonably difficult but it should not be easy, either. Getting out of Black Forest and scrounging up enough so that you can go about your other daily routines is essentially an enjoyable experience and I believe it is as it should be. The only issue I have with this is the fact that even though it is fairly large, the Black Forest is still a single area and thus makes little sense for every single survivor to be popping out of it. Random spawn points all across the map, including the coast would be more authentic in my opinion. And thus, addition of a bit of food and some water to the list of starting items would be a good call because you could even end up near the end of the map.

Maybe when there's base building there could be some kind of a refugee camp premade by admins as a single spawn location. Also a hard start as a bambi is a good thing so people value their lives a little bit more.

• Diamond

I would rather have random spawn points twice I spawned in at the exact same place think their should be a good mix not just all at the forest. As we are all spawning around the same area the areas around it are picked clean leading to others not finding any food/supplies hence the starvation would be better if the spawn points were a bit spread out to give players a chance of finding food to prevent starvation as food itself is scarce

• Emerald
16 hours ago, The Traveler said:

I agree with everything as long as the "backpack" we get is the shitty burlap sack one and the cans of food are our trusty  beanz ?

EDIT:
Thinking about it the only "issue" i can think of is, in the same vein as your valid "the towns around the spawn have no food" issue... it may cause certain bandit groups to spawn camp the spawn zones to get some quick food, as opposed to moving out and searching other areas of the map (Triangle syndrome is always a concern of mine). 

But regardless said "issue" is minimal at best as, hell, not everyone is gonna do that shit. So +1 from me overall ? 

No decent bandit group is gonna camp for food, I'm not sure what shitty bandit groups you have been running into but I think most care about bragging rights, guns and ammo, in that order, So I see no issue with Joffery stated above

The character wipe as we switched to the new server strained the loot system in the Black Forest region and beyond. It shouldn’t be difficult to survive once we get past this influx.

Unless, of course, there is some major multi-group firefight with mass casualties.  That may affect the food supply for a bit.  But, that would never happen on a role playing server. ?

18 hours ago, KyleRP said:

Also I had this idea in the works that if your a part of an approved group, an additional benefit is you would be able to choose one clothing item to spawn with, so for example Anarchy might have had like an orange boonie or a coloured t-shirt, or something specific to the groups lore, so a police group spawning with police uniforms.

yeah +1 on groups having uniforms they spawn with

Speaking from experience, spawning in the middle of the black forest was horrid. I spawned at night, and the road flare didn't last long enough to get out of the black forest and to anywhere meaningful. I ended up having to log out and wait for daytime to go anywhere, I also ended up finding some poor soul that needed to die to get a correct character model (Male character spawned as a female). 

I would be all for spawning with the addition of a can of tuna, and a PET bottle. Possibly even making a round robin type spawning thing, where every spawn point will spawn a character, and then that spawn point won't spawn another character until all the others have. Now that most people have already spawned I think it will be a little more comfortable starting with finding essentials though. It was rough trying to find enough food to stave off starvation for that first couple of hours.