Server time: 2017-10-22, 21:07
Safe Zone: OPENING SOON

Sign in to follow this  
CookieTheEpic

Forced listening

The idea of this thread is that someone needs to listen to the song I post and rate the song from a scale of ten and post a new one, which then gets rated by someone who posts another song and on it goes. I don't think there's a thread like this, and I definetly wouldn't count the "What do you listen to" thread as one like this, but if there is tell me and I'll go cry in the corner.

I'll start with one of my favourite songs of all time, 'Soul Company' by HOGNI:

[video=youtube]

What will happen is that no one will listen to each others song and just say "lol shit song" or "lol good song" and then post their own songs. :P But hey, we can try.

6.8/10. Not bad. I might look up some more songs of them. It's the kind of song I'd have probably liked more if I heard it in a TV show/movie I loved. If that makes sense. Because it would remind me of that movie/show.

[video=youtube]

Makes me want to learn to surf.

Terra    1449

10/10

I know this song, i like it alot!

[video=youtube]

Sky    1

//Edit: Dammit. Terra beat me. Everything below was for VAST :(

Listening to yours now.

~

DIBS ON THIS ONE.

I love this song. I actually got my hands on the whole album and was sorely disappointed, this was the only track I really liked :D First time I heard it was on an episode of Angel, loved it.

8.5/10

[video=youtube]

Welp, seeing as I made this thread at a time when most of the forums are quiet, I'm just going to post the next song as well.

5/10. Wasn't exactly good, but I sat through it all and it wasn't all that horrible, either. Probably won't listen to it again but it was worth that one listen.

I'll bump with another one of my favourite songs by one of my top three bands, 'Brainy' by The National:

EDIT: This was supposed to be a reply to Gijs' song, this thread really blew up just as I was making my reply. I'll have to catch up on the songs.

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hty5HjRTb7U&list=PL1BB80699FE4880D5&index=36

Freaking love that song {Kasabian}

9/10

This is a small band from the North of England, Met them back in 2006 and they were set for really big things, but unfortunately shit happened and they're still going but went through some lineup changes

[video=youtube]

Guest Alfie   
Guest Alfie

Hogni are a pretty good band, I've seen them a lot in Frankieonpc's videos.

Sky    1

So much for the forums being quiet :P

Perhaps people should quote the text of the post they're referring to, just so it doesn't get confusing.

So much for the forums being quiet :P

Perhaps people should quote the text of the post they're referring to, just so it doesn't get confusing.

Definetly a good idea, but make sure to quote just the text and not the video, too.

Sky    1

I like the idea of the thread though. I'm going to try and avoid posting really popular stuff, because generally people have already heard most of it anyway.

I've already got a few tracks in mind :)

I like the idea of the thread though. I'm going to try and avoid posting really popular stuff, because generally people have already heard most of it anyway.

I've already got a few tracks in mind :)

Thanks! Itching to see what music people would suggest to other people here. I've got a lot of music from my top three bands I can post.

Sky    1

Freaking love that song {Kasabian}

9/10

This is a small band from the North of England, Met them back in 2006 and they were set for really big things, but unfortunately shit happened and they're still going but went through some lineup changes

Not bad at all. Not exactly my kind of music, but some of that guitar work was really catchy, the intro especially. Not really a fan of the vocals, but apart from that it was pretty decent.

6.5/10

Here's one from an Aussie rock band that aren't overly well known as far as I know.

[video=youtube]

Sir Hawke    28

[video=youtube]

Nuff said..

Didn't see that you had to rate others.. Oh well:

Nice song Sky.. Not really my type of music.

6/10

Not bad at all. Not exactly my kind of music, but some of that guitar work was really catchy, the intro especially. Not really a fan of the vocals, but apart from that it was pretty decent.

6.5/10

Here's one from an Aussie rock band that aren't overly well known as far as I know.

Not bad, but not all that good in my opinion either. Didn't really like the vocalist all that much.

5.7/10

Poets of the Fall are a Finnish alternative rock band who are huge in Finland but not all that popular anywhere else. Their first single was featured in Max Payne 2: Fall of Max Payne and was named "Late Goodbye". Since then they've raised to huge popularity in Finland and continue to rise.

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jn5-tlwv3P8

IN RESPONSE TO SKY'S VIDEO: Reminds me of Radiohead - Exit Music (For a Film). Which is a reason for me to love it. 8/10. It really builds up. And his voice kind of reminds me of Yorke's voice.

[video=youtube]

^ not the actual video I want rated. It's too famous. If you want, go ahead though :P

[video=youtube]

If there ever was a Dutch/Aruban artist that should be listened to by everyone in the world, It's Pete Philly (and Perquisite). Although, I think Golden Earring is worth mentioning at well but they got their fame.

Edit: I think some people don't really get this thread. :P You have to rate the previous song, people.

Sky    1

Hawky you're doing it wrong -.-

Sir Hawke    28

Hawky you're doing it wrong -.-

I fixed it :D

If there ever was a Dutch/Aruban artist that should be listened to by everyone in the world, It's Pete Philly (and Perquisite). Although, I think Golden Earring is worth mentioning at well but they got their fame.

Beautiful song. Made me get chills down my spine! Definetly a song I will save for some day I really want to relax! :D

8.5/10

Here is a song from a Norwegian guy:

[video=youtube]

Mc3p1c    0

Pretty sweet song Sir Hawke, I liked it, and I'm not usually into those types of songs. I give it 7/10

Pretty sweet song Sir Hawke, I liked it, and I'm not usually into those types of songs. I give it 7/10

Haha, well, this rating had to come: 2/10. Don't like it at all. Not my style. Is it bad if I say I haven't listened to all of it? I liked the last two minutes the best. :P

[video=youtube]

Not exactly unknown but I guess not everyone has heard of it.

0/10. I hate that genre.

Another one of my favourite bands, Cage the Elephant. Some of you might know this song from Borderlands:

[video=youtube]

Sky    1

Another one of my favourite bands, Cage the Elephant. Some of you might know this song from Borderlands:

8/10

Aww yiss. Very catchy song, have liked it for quite a while.

Okay, so this one is kinda mainstream-ish, but I hate the thought of people not having heard it yet. For the record, its just about my favourite song of all time.

If I can request one thing, it would be that you stop whatever you're doing, sit back in your chair and close your eyes while listening to this. Try and 'ride' the climactic progression of it. Oh, and play it loud :)

[video=youtube]

Guest Hero   
Guest Hero

3/10 not really into that stuff but he has a nice voice.

[video=youtube]

Sky    1

4/10

The Muse song is... Interesting.

But it really isn't my style, and seeing as you guys don't like the genre of the last song I posted, what do you guys think of this one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkGcXO1iKOE

Not bad. I haven't heard a lot of Stone Sour, but this one was kinda okay. The mood of the song didn't really strike me as particularly appealing.

I'll put another Stone Sour track back at you, one of my favourite acoustic tracks ever.

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCGpI6rz3x4

Mc3p1c    0

Not bad. I haven't heard a lot of Stone Sour, but this one was kinda okay. The mood of the song didn't really strike me as particularly appealing.

I'll put another Stone Sour track back at you, one of my favourite acoustic tracks ever.

8/10

I really like this video, got a sad feel to it, but a good sad. You know? haha.

Anyway, have you heard this song from Stone Sour?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1QKbgN1W7k

EDIT: Fucked up using the Reply option.. :S